Mega Millions jackpot largest ever at $500M

E

EmptyTimCup

... just think of the target you and your family become when it is known nationwide that you now have access to that many millions .

unlisted number - disappear for a yr

RV rented in the name of a dummy company

but you would have every cousin falling out of the wood work looking for a hand out

Mabus

Free Rent
I hope the winnner isn't in Maryland. That's like a new welfare stimulus package just from state taxes.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I can;t wait until I win the big lotto on Friday. I will be upgrading my z06 to a ZR1 with my winnings.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but MD is one of the worst states for purchasing your ticket because they take additional taxes most states don't. Interestingly, CA is one of the better ones that does not take [much] more.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but MD is one of the worst states for purchasing your ticket because they take additional taxes most states don't. Interestingly, CA is one of the better ones that does not take [much] more.

Who cares what they take. I will be getting a check for hundreds of millions. you won't catch me complaining.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"(AP) - With a half-billion-dollar multistate lottery jackpot up for grabs, plenty of folks are fantasizing about how to spend the money. But doing it the right way _ protecting your riches, your identity and your sanity _ takes some thought and planning.

Making sure you don't blow the nation's largest-ever lottery jackpot within a few years means some advice is in order before the Mega Millions drawing Friday, especially if you're really, really, really lucky."

What to do after you hit the Mega Millions jackpot - WTOP.com

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Noticed a sign today saying it is up to an "estimated 540 million". I'm sure this is one of those cases where there will be 50 winners.

E

EmptyTimCup

$540M lottery has states anticipating tax jackpot

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — People queuing up for Mega Millions tickets aren't the only ones salivating over the record $540 million jackpot that could be won Friday — some state governments struggling through lean times know a hometown winner would bring a tax bonanza.

Taxes on a lump-sum payment option to a single winner could mean tens of millions of dollars of badly needed revenue that could go to restore entire social service programs on the chopping block, pay for hundreds of low-income housing units, forestall new taxes or hire more state troopers.

So many tickets have been sold that the jackpot climbed Thursday to the largest in history, according to officials in Rhode Island, one of 42 states where Mega Millions is played. If a lone winner took the lump-sum payout on the jackpot's current amount, it would be an estimated $389.8 million.

"I'd love it if a Rhode Islander wins," said Rep. Helio Melo, the chairman of the House's Finance Committee.

In Rhode Island, when the tax man comes calling for his 5.99 percent, that would mean an estimated $23.3 million, forked over in a single payment.

what about moving to a 'no income tax' state like FL or Nv or Tx

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Noticed a sign today saying it is up to an "estimated 540 million". I'm sure this is one of those cases where there will be 50 winners.

Probably just me and a few others. When I win I'm going to share a lot of it. Heck you can't take it with you if you die, so you may as well make MANY people happy while you can.

DR gets a Harley, Catt will get a crown for working so hard on Boxy's behalf (ok and some cash too), Gilligan will get the Minnow fixed up real nice, bcp will get a supply of fuel so he doesn't have to carpool anymore, ETC will get his own political newspaper to run (tehe), Hank will get a wad of cash so he can't say I'm a racist, I'll give BG a picture of me with my winning lottery check and ask her if I'm still annoying (lol), ICit will get a donation for her Search and Rescue dogs and maybe Elvis can get some sequined shorts :razz:, Baja will get money to buy a new boat big enough for a head so he doesn't have to pee overboard anymore, and so many others will get rewarded ..... the list goes on and on :flowers:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Screw that noise that money is mine and only mine.

Which is why I won't win hah

I'd certainly LOVE to show people how to have fun with lots of money. I'd SHARE SHARE SHARE and it would make me so HAPPY to do it! I wouldn't have to worry about HOW to spend it all, I'd have it spent with no problem.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Probably just me and a few others. When I win I'm going to share a lot of it. Heck you can't take it with you if you die, so you may as well make MANY people happy while you can.

DR gets a Harley, Catt will get a crown for working so hard on Boxy's behalf (ok and some cash too), Gilligan will get the Minnow fixed up real nice, bcp will get a supply of fuel so he doesn't have to carpool anymore, ETC will get his own political newspaper to run (tehe), Hank will get a wad of cash so he can't say I'm a racist, I'll give BG a picture of me with my winning lottery check and ask her if I'm still annoying (lol), ICit will get a donation for her Search and Rescue dogs and maybe Elvis can get some sequined shorts :razz:, Baja will get money to buy a new boat big enough for a head so he doesn't have to pee overboard anymore, and so many others will get rewarded ..... the list goes on and on :flowers:

half a billion, that's a lot to spend