Men grilling woman about vehicles

Geek

Maybe it only happens in my house. TGS kindly bought me the minivan of my dreams. He drives our crap vehicle. The one that you need two feet to drive, even though it is not standard shift. And the windows only work some of the time. I appreciate his sacrifice for my princess like comfort. But apparently, an inspection goes on that I don't know about. As he comes in the house he "notices" our van. He is checking for damage. Every day.

The other day he walks in to the kitchen where I am happily dancing the jiggler around. Big smiles.

He says "There is a ding in the van"

No response from me, still smiling, less dancy, trying to pretend like I am listening.

He tries again "There is a ding in the front hood"

Me ~"Maybe is is from the storm the other night? A tree branch or something"

Him ~"No"

How the hell does he know it wasn't a tree branch? Coulda been. What is he Columbo of the dings?

Him~ "Looks like a rock"

Here he throws in a pregnant pause. Full of accusation.

Me~"Huh, you think the storm kicked up a rock?"

Silence from TGS. Then, the grilling stare. Like I am in an interview room down in the precinct. He adds the always pleasant eyebrow arch.

Isn't that sumthin? Does he think that I would not notice a rock banging on the hood of the van while I was driving?

Need I mention that he has been driving the van both times we had damage to my princess mobile? Blew out the back window backing into a ladder and was at the helm when a actual rock hit the actual van and exploded out the back window?

No, I won't mention that.

Granted, the woman in my family have a crappy car history. Locking keys in running vehicles. Arriving to a lunch date in two cars leaving in one and forgetting about the second car. Until the next day.

But my sister has the worst stories of all. I was a passenger for one story. She was driving her spiffy Ford Feastiva. In the middle of the road, there was about a three foot high pile of manure that must have fallen off a farm truck, hay sticking out of it. Sis is doing about 55 miles per hour headed straight for it.

Me (all calm) ~ "What ya gonna do about that pile?"

her (all calm) ~"I am going to put it between the tires"

Holy Crapamoly! Ever see a Feastiva? I have worn Maxi pads bigger than that car. I was sure we were about to launch Duke's of Hazards style over this giant pile of ####. I had to watch though. Couldn't believe my eyes. Like seeing a snake try and eat an elephant.

Boom, we hit. God Bless that little car, it didn't go airborne. But the grinding noise of the grill eating that mound was alarming. Thudding and smooshing over it, my sister refused to let up on the gas. It was fun seeing my Dad's face when we pulled in the driveway. Her car always smelled like poop after that.

Needless to say it wasn't me. The ding. I blame him.

Last edited:

browneyes

lol Love the stories. Thanks for sharing.
By the way you are a great story teller. ;)
And I can relate to the grilling.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Here's us:

Me: I need to get the oil changed in the Seabring. Let's see, I've put 3,000 miles on it in six months.
DR: Not offering to do it, says "I get my oil changed every six months" (but he puts 3x the mileage on his truck.
Me: Well, I guess I'll get it done (this was a month ago and still not done)
Him: Yeah, you should.
Me: Eff it. This will take planning on my part......:lol: I need to make an appointment to get it done. I hate being responsible for vehicles.

nicole_M

:yeahthat: Hubby bought me the Expedition I wanted, fully loaded, with LIGHT TAN interior, big mistake. 3 little kids... End of story.

He works 24/7... So I take care of the maintenance on the truck, yardwork, house etc... But he is always examining my truck... One of my reverse sensors has a nick it and I have NO clue where that came from... Wasn't me :roflmao:

Geek

lol Love the stories. Thanks for sharing.
By the way you are a great story teller. ;)

:huggy: :smooch:
Here's us:

Me: I need to get the oil changed in the Seabring. Let's see, I've put 3,000 miles on it in six months.
DR: Not offering to do it, says "I get my oil changed every six months" (but he puts 3x the mileage on his truck.
Me: Eff it. This will take planning on my part......:lol: I need to make an appointment to get it done. I hate being responsible for vehicles.

I would make a big show of walking to the car with vegetable oil, saying "well I guess I will do it myself, get me the turkey baster"

M

Mousebaby

It's me that does the car grilling in the family.

He takes my car out and it almost never fails that something happens to it. Well for the past month I have not been allowed to drive due to dizziness for God knows why so he's been driving. I am the WORST back seat driver there is! I absolutely HATE his driving especially in MY car! He is constantly running over the concrete things on the parking spaces with my front end. WTF???

I am frankly surprised that he even drives my car because I am a nagaholic when it comes to my car and how he takes care of it. :lmao:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Maybe it only happens in my house. TGS kindly bought me the minivan of my dreams. He drives our crap vehicle. The one that you need two feet to drive, even though it is not standard shift. And the windows only work some of the time. I appreciate his sacrifice for my princess like comfort. But apparently, an inspection goes on that I don't know about. As he comes in the house he "notices" our van. He is checking for damage. Every day.

The other day he walks in to the kitchen where I am happily dancing the jiggler around. Big smiles.

He says "There is a ding in the van"

No response from me, still smiling, less dancy, trying to pretend like I am listening.

He tries again "There is a ding in the front hood"

Me ~"Maybe is is from the storm the other night? A tree branch or something"

Him ~"No"

How the hell does he know it wasn't a tree branch? Coulda been. What is he Columbo of the dings?

Him~ "Looks like a rock"

Here he throws in a pregnant pause. Full of accusation.

Me~"Huh, you think the storm kicked up a rock?"

Silence from TGS. Then, the grilling stare. Like I am in an interview room down in the precinct. He adds the always pleasant eyebrow arch.

Isn't that sumthin? Does he think that I would not notice a rock banging on the hood of the van while I was driving?

Need I mention that he has been driving the van both times we had damage to my princess mobile? Blew out the back window backing into a ladder and was at the helm when a actual rock hit the actual van and exploded out the back window?

No, I won't mention that.

Granted, the woman in my family have a crappy car history. Locking keys in running vehicles. Arriving to a lunch date in two cars leaving in one and forgetting about the second car. Until the next day.

But my sister has the worst stories of all. I was a passenger for one story. She was driving her spiffy Ford Feastiva. In the middle of the road, there was about a three foot high pile of manure that must have fallen off a farm truck, hay sticking out of it. Sis is doing about 55 miles per hour headed straight for it.

Me (all calm) ~ "What ya gonna do about that pile?"

her (all calm) ~"I am going to put it between the tires"

Holy Crapamoly! Ever see a Feastiva? I have worn Maxi pads bigger than that car. I was sure we were about to launch Duke's of Hazards style over this giant pile of ####. I had to watch though. Couldn't believe my eyes. Like seeing a snake try and eat an elephant.

Boom, we hit. God Bless that little car, it didn't go airborne. But the grinding noise of the grill eating that mound was alarming. Thudding and smooshing over it, my sister refused to let up on the gas. It was fun seeing my Dad's face when we pulled in the driveway. Her car always smelled like poop after that.

Needless to say it wasn't me. The ding. I blame him.

:killingme: :roflmao: I think I just woke my kids from laughing out loud!

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Geek,
If I could give you krama, it would say that you are the most interesting person on the forums IMO. :lol:

Signed,
Your Meat

Here's us:

I figure since you are making your own decisions on what vehicle to buy you can get your own oil changed. Both your t bird and this car are nearly impossible without a lift. 301 863 5800. Call today. :love:

Last edited: