What would you rather hear people say?

• Merry Christmas

Votes: 85 83.3%
  • Happy Holidays

Votes: 17 16.7%

• Total voters

Dork

Highlander's MPD
I was in a store today and the cashier actually said "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays." I was actually very pleased to hear that. Should more people be saying Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I say Merry Christmas. If someone's going to get offended over a polite greeting then maybe they shouldn't be out in public. :shrug: That being said, "Happy Holidays" is fine too.

W

Wenchy

I was in a store today and the cashier actually said "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays." I was actually very pleased to hear that. Should more people be saying Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Good for him/her. :yay:

Merry Christmas!

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I've heard that they say happy holidays:
1) so they don't offend someone who doesn't believe in one or the other
Christmas or Hanukkah.
2) so they can cover all bases; Christmas, Hanukkah & now Kwanzaa.
I say, liars! I will never be offended if someone says happy Hanukkah to me. And there is no truth in #2 since we don't combine any other holidays during the year. It simply boils down to the fact that some people want Christ out of everything.

SpriteZero

Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas...
Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas...
Yup..that is how the song goes...and so do I...

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Christmas or Hanukkah.
I say, liars! I will never be offended if someone says happy Hanukkah to me. And there is no truth in #2 since we don't combine any other holidays during the year. It simply boils down to the fact that some people want Christ out of everything.

I was thinking that since Hanukkah is over and that Kwanzaa isn't really celebrated by many and those who do also celebrate Christmas, then why not focus on the reason for the season?? Let's apply common sense. If someone is in the store and they are buying toys, wrapping paper, MP3 players or whatever, you should be able to assume they are going to be Christmas presents.

I spoke to a jewish friend of mine recently who is in his 70s. He's never been offended by someone saying Merry Christmas to him. He's mature enough to understand what the holiday is all about and what it means for the majority of Christians in the world. He explained that Hanukkah isn't a very big Jewish holiday anyway. It just gets more attention because it falls around the same time as Christmas. I can also remember the secretary where I used to work. She was Jewish and decorated her office for Hanukkah but she was also in charge of the Christmas angel tree and enjoyed collecting the Christmas presents for the poor kids. I was not offended by her Hanukkah decorations. There was nothing offensive about them.

Anyway.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When leaving Lone Star today after lunch, the nice young man that held the door for us wished us a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah.

I have no problem with that. :shrug:

FerretRescue

bite me
Christmas or Hanukkah.

I like them to say whatever holiday they honor. If they honor Christmas or Hanukkah. I will say Merry Christmas Back.

Anything but Kwanzaa, because Kwanzaa is not a real holiday to me.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
When leaving Lone Star today after lunch, the nice young man that held the door for us wished us a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah.

And I didn't make him cry.
:lmao:

I like them to say whatever holiday they honor. If they honor Christmas or Hanukkah. I will say Merry Christmas Back.

Anything but Kwanzaa, because Kwanzaa is not a real holiday to me.

But what about Petezza?:shrug: