What would you rather hear people say?

• Merry Christmas

Votes: 85 83.3%
  • Happy Holidays

Votes: 17 16.7%

• Total voters
T

toppick08

I was in a store today and the cashier actually said "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays." I was actually very pleased to hear that. Should more people be saying Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

MERRY CHRISTMAS !! Also laugh at the fact of the schools calling the CHRISTMAS break, winter break or holiday. Too P.C. for me. :howdy:

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
Since its technically not christmas and the holidays are so closely grouped together, you could blanket it and say happy holidays and be safe.

This is the dumbest thread this week as well....

Cowgirl

I don't care if people say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. Really, what does it matter? I like Happy Holidays because I always kinda thought it included "Happy New Year" in that. :shrug: It's just shorter than saying "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year."

Hell, it's nice to hear a store clerk say ANYTHING these days. :lol:

It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other what people say. If they're more comfortable saying Happy Holidays so as not to offend someone, that's fine. I don't mind hearing other greetings that promote their own holiday (Chanukka, Kwanzaa, etc), in fact, I like that. BUT... I will always say Merry Christmas and expect others to accept my greeting as I accept theirs.

It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other what people say. If they're more comfortable saying Happy Holidays so as not to offend someone, that's fine. I don't mind hearing other greetings that promote their own holiday (Chanukka, Kwanzaa, etc), in fact, I like that. BUT... I will always say Merry Christmas and expect others to accept my greeting as I accept theirs.

Kwanza is a Joke. About as real as festizus.

I agree with you, but this was just my PC way of saying that you can say or celebrate whatever you want, just don't tell me what I should or shouldn't say or celebrate openly.

Merry Christmas.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I was in a store today and the cashier actually said "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays." I was actually very pleased to hear that. Should more people be saying Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"T'was The Night Before A Non-Denominational Winter Holiday" by Larry the Cable Guy. I'm sure it's on YouTube someplace.

think he makes a valid point with his revision of the Fairy Tale.

CalifrniaDreamn

I don't care either way. I've had lots of Jewish friends and will say Happy Holidays if I'm not sure. I just like it that someone wishes me happiness in the holiday season, whether it is Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays!

pumpkin08

Merry Christmas

I think merry christmas because it is what Ipersonally celebrate. That lets who ever im saying it to know what I celebrate.:buddies: MERRY CHRISTMAS

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I went through my Arby's drive-through for lunch yesterday and they had a sheet of paper taped right next to the window.

It had, "We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."

The most interesting part was below that...

"Have a blessed holiday," (or something close). They're not afraid. :yay:

HappyMOM

It depends..

I am Jewish and I don't necessarily mind that people wish my family a Merry Christmas. I do get bothered when people (mostly people we encounter doing our weekly shopping) ask my daughter if she is ready for Santa/Christmas? I understand that the majority of people celebrate Christmas, but most people don't seem to even comprehend that not everyone celebrates Christmas. I read an editorial in the paper recently where someone assumed that the only people who didn't celebrate Christmas were atheist! My family has many traditions and believes. One and foremost is our belief in G-d. It would just be nice that if someone is going to make an inquisitive remark maybe they should say "What are you going to be doing for the holidays?"
Other than that, I have not beef with people wishing us a Merry Christmas.

bcp

In My Opinion
I am Jewish and I don't necessarily mind that people wish my family a Merry Christmas. I do get bothered when people (mostly people we encounter doing our weekly shopping) ask my daughter if she is ready for Santa/Christmas? I understand that the majority of people celebrate Christmas, but most people don't seem to even comprehend that not everyone celebrates Christmas. I read an editorial in the paper recently where someone assumed that the only people who didn't celebrate Christmas were atheist! My family has many traditions and believes. One and foremost is our belief in G-d. It would just be nice that if someone is going to make an inquisitive remark maybe they should say "What are you going to be doing for the holidays?"
Other than that, I have not beef with people wishing us a Merry Christmas.

why do you get bothered by people asking if your daughter is ready for Santa? he is not part of the Christian holiday of Christmas really.
and, if I were in Israel and someone asked my daughter if she was prepared for [SIZE=-1]Hanukkah[/SIZE], should I be upset?