Metal Detector?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
julz20684 said:
Oh I have stuff to tell you. We have to do lunch.

And thank you! :huggy:
Thursday? I can swing down that away for a nooner if it's good for you. If K is available I could pick swing by and bring her along for Gab Fest 2007. :gossip:

BadGirl said:
Thursday? I can swing down that away for a nooner if it's good for you. If K is available I could pick swing by and bring her along for Gab Fest 2007. :gossip:
This may just be possible...:yay:

J

julz20684

BadGirl said:

I'm in a training class all day. What about Friday, same place as last time?

jrogers

Gwydion said:
I am to assume that $6 is $600 right? Damn.....I was expecting like $75 max.
Maybe Goodwill has one...

yes ... we started off with the $75.00 models and wasnt having any luck. My husband saw someonwe with a White's model in OC one year and just had to have one. We looked at so many different ones before riding over to the dealer. I think True Value in Ch. Hall had them but not the one he wanted. Well worth the $ purchase $ though.
You could always check the pawn shop. or maybe the classifieds.

Last edited:

Gwydion

jrogers said:
yes ... we started off with the $75.00 models and wasnt having any luck. My husband saw someonwe with a White's model in OC one year and just had to have one. We looked at so many different ones before riding over to the dealer. I think True Value in Ch. Hall had them but not the one he wanted. Well worth the $ purchase $ though.
You could always check the pawn shop. or maybe the classifieds.
Thanks for the info! I doubt I will spend anywhere near that much...but maybe I can find a used one. :yay:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
julz20684 said:
I'm in a training class all day. What about Friday, same place as last time?
No can do for Friday. Dog grooming appointment and I can't miss it. You'd know why if you saw my mutt-looking dogs right about now. They truly need some loving care and close contact with some shampoo and a clipper.

Maybe next week? K, care to chime in?

J

julz20684

BadGirl said:
No can do for Friday. Dog grooming appointment and I can't miss it. You'd know why if you saw my mutt-looking dogs right about now. They truly need some loving care and close contact with some shampoo and a clipper.

Sure, next week should work well...let me know which day.

jrogers

Gwydion said:
Thanks for the info! I doubt I will spend anywhere near that much...but maybe I can find a used one. :yay:

Good luck with which ever one you choose. Maybe you will get your hands on a second hand one and find someones buried treasure (a huge chest full of cash):rolleyes: and then you can buy a more advanced one with your findings. If you are intrigued enough, it is definately well worth the investment if you plan on keeping the hunt as a hobby.

Check this out: Advice on Purchasing a Used Metal Detector

and this One coin pays for detector!

Hey - maybe even posting a wanted ad in the classifieds here would bring you in a few replies. You would be amazed at what people have lying around not realizing someone else would love to have. We had an older model one here that we never used, I will look around and see if we still have it somewhere.

There is a dealer in Chaptico. Bay Country Metal Detectors. He used to be in Prince Frederick. Nice guy. Have not heard any bad stuff about him.

I have been looking into getting one for over a year now. I am trying to decide between buying a lightly used one from a forumite (Tesoro brand if I recall correctly) or a Garrett Ace 250 (for about the same price, but brand new). Everyone I have talked to agrees that the 250 is the way to go for a starter machine.

Gwydion

Thanks for the links! I went browsing through the rest of that website....lots of interesting stuff! If you do manage to drag up your old one, lemme know! I'm also tlkin with my gramps who thinks he has an older model tucked away in his garage...so I might still have some luck yet!

Well it appears my gramps has one I can have...so I'm gonna have some fun with it and see if it is interesting enough for me to spend a couple hundred on a newer model.

Last edited:

gogorooster

Heya All, New to the Area, but a avid MD'er for a few years now. White's has great detectors, but you will pay a nice sum for the better models...

Any good place to detected around here? I am from Pa, and their Metal Detecting laws are quite lax, can go anywhere with one just about. I looked in some of the laws around here and state and Charles county parks and public land are out of the question. Any one have nice farm land that they wouldn't mind a detectorist to roam through?

Rooster....

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
BadGirl said:

Awwwwwwwwwww I just realized you gave up lunch for me.. :huggy:

Gwydion

As a slight update: My gramps had one that he gave me...old...but I was able to "find" a few pennys that I placed about 4 inches into the sand....grated that was just a test, but eh, whatever. Still haven't found anything cool.

And to the 4 people that left me red karma and calling me a cheap ass for not buying a $600 metal detector....I would love to see your kickass metal detector you bought before you knew if you would enjoy it as a hobby. ####tard