MICE!!!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I've caught 3 in the last 24 hrs, after no luck catching them for 2 weeks.

1 good old-fashioned mouse trap
1 empty cracker box
1 cracker
a dab of peanut butter

Box on it's side so that there is room for the trap to snap. Crumble the cracker in the back of the box. PB on trap. Set trap in the front of the cracker box. Put box where those little bastages hang out. WHAMO!

NOTSMC

1 empty cracker box
1 cracker
a dab of peanut butter

Box on it's side so that there is room for the trap to snap. Crumble the cracker in the back of the box. PB on trap. Set trap in the front of the cracker box. Put box where those little bastages hang out. WHAMO!
I had one in the house about month ago. Little *ucker managed to eat peanut butter out of every.single.trap I set and I set plenty. He finally chewed a hole in a kitchen cabinet that was next to the refrigerator. I set six traps right outside the hole. He couldn't move w/o hitting a trap.

It worked, he managed to get his head in one trap and his foot in another trap. He then proceeded to live for another four hours before I finally figured out I could scoop him up with a dustpan and toss the whole thing in the garbage. Freaked me out.

rio

It worked, he managed to get his head in one trap and his foot in another trap. He then proceeded to live for another four hours before I finally figured out I could scoop him up with a dustpan and toss the whole thing in the garbage. Freaked me out.
🤣 we are kindred spirits! I would've done the same, or wait for someone else to come home, or call a brave neighbor. I don't care how girlie or wimpy that makes me, I own it!

mitzi

1 empty cracker box
1 cracker
a dab of peanut butter

The box is a good idea. Last time I got one, he flopped around what seemed like forever. The trap got him on his rear and I think it crushed his hips. I don't want them in my place but it was actually pitiful. I wished I'd had a humane way of putting it out of it's misery. Finally, I had to scoop him up and put him in a plastic bag and put it out on the deck to get rid of in the morning. I couldn't stand hearing it flopping anymore. At least in the box I wouldn't have to watch this horror again :lmao:

NOTSMC

The box is a good idea. Last time I got one, he flopped around what seemed like forever. The trap got him on his rear and I think it crushed his hips. I don't want them in my place but it was actually pitiful. I wished I'd had a humane way of putting it out of it's misery. Finally, I had to scoop him up and put him in a plastic bag and put it out on the deck to get rid of in the morning. I couldn't stand hearing it flopping anymore. At least in the box I wouldn't have to watch this horror again :lmao:
Did you know that you can actually re-use the traps?

I didn't have enough traps to cover the area outside the mouse hole so I borrowed some from my BF. When I told him I caught the mouse in two traps, he said great bring the traps back when you come over on Saturday - he thought there were mice in his garage. I asked what he meant by bring them back and he sounded really confused. Imagine my horror when I found out he actually releases the dead mice and uses the traps again.

Men. They're all nuts.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

1 empty cracker box
1 cracker
a dab of peanut butter

Thing1 and I were out of the house the week the weather turned chilly, and after a couple of days of being back, I saw evidence of a mouse on our first level. I acted quickly and bought traps and used a teeeny bit of peanut butter and didn't catch anything. (I've caught mice this way many times at work, before we got warehouse cats) NO LUCK for 2 days and then we caught 1 mouse and it was on the top level of the Townhouse. mouse

Haven't seen evidence of a mouse NOR have we caught one since. :rolleyes: Our lower level is where it came in - I saw the evidence, but we cleaned up the floor and have been looking everyday. We have 3 of the wooden traps there and the bait is still on the traps. I find it hard to believe I only had ONE mouse, but ...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Did you know that you can actually re-use the traps?

I didn't have enough traps to cover the area outside the mouse hole so I borrowed some from my BF. When I told him I caught the mouse in two traps, he said great bring the traps back when you come over on Saturday - he thought there were mice in his garage. I asked what he meant by bring them back and he sounded really confused. Imagine my horror when I found out he actually releases the dead mice and uses the traps again.

Men. They're all nuts.
:yay: Throw that entire s*hit out in the trash! They cost $2.50 for 4 traps - I'll buy more! :lmao:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We've only had two mice in the house and it was years ago. Didn't even know about them until I went into the kitchen to feed the cats, flipped on the lights, and saw a freaking bloodbath all over the kitchen floor. One or both of the cats found them and once they were injured or dead, proceeded to bat them around the entire kitchen leaving blood trails all over. Ick!! Not sure how Boone or Gracie would fare with mice as I have to kill bugs so they can have the pleasure of eating them. :rolleyes:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I think I've posted this before, but...

Middle of the night, stupid cat bouncing all over us, making stupid cat noises. Fussed at him, swatted at him, finally threw him off the bed.

Making the bed in the morning, trails of blood all over the comforter.

And bits of dead mouse in the hallway.

NOTSMC

We've only had two mice in the house and it was years ago. Didn't even know about them until I went into the kitchen to feed the cats, flipped on the lights, and saw a freaking bloodbath all over the kitchen floor. One or both of the cats found them and once they were injured or dead, proceeded to bat them around the entire kitchen leaving blood trails all over. Ick!! Not sure how Boone or Gracie would fare with mice as I have to kill bugs so they can have the pleasure of eating them.
Years ago, I was feeding the cutest little feral kitten that popped up in my yard. As she turned into a cat, she began leaving dead mice and voles on my doormat. Stepped on one barefoot one morning. She eventually turned to killing birds, notably one large woodpecker. She then proceeded to kill larger animals; eventually killing a rabbit. I heard it scream and later found the body in one spot and the head in another.

NOTSMC

I think I've posted this before, but...

Middle of the night, stupid cat bouncing all over us, making stupid cat noises. Fussed at him, swatted at him, finally threw him off the bed.

Making the bed in the morning, trails of blood all over the comforter.

And bits of dead mouse in the hallway.
OMIGOSH. I'd have been horrified.

NOTSMC

Many years ago my cat caught a pregnant mouse and dropped it in the bathtub. Good thing. She started having her babies there. I scooped and flushed them all.
What did you scoop them with? I could see me just trying to wash it down the drain.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Years ago, I was feeding the cutest little feral kitten that popped up in my yard. As she turned into a cat, she began leaving dead mice and voles on my doormat. Stepped on one barefoot one morning. She eventually turned to killing birds, notably one large woodpecker. She then proceeded to kill larger animals; eventually killing a rabbit. I heard it scream and later found the body in one spot and the head in another.
When I was little, we had a cat that would bring back squirrel tails every morning. Luckily for my mom, we were all young enough to believe that there were squirrels running around without tails but otherwise fine.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My wife's childhood cat, Junior, was a mighty hunter of snakes.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I was getting mice in the kitchen on the 2nd floor, no where else. Couldn't figure how they were getting in. Finally figured it out after I heard them in the stove exhaust vent. They were climbing up a cedar tree on the side of the house that was brushing the side of the roof. From the tree across the roof and down the exhaust vent into the kitchen.

Cut down the tree because it was damaging the roof line anyway, and no more mice.