Mich. Republicans help Nader

He added, "Republicans ought to focus on getting George Bush elected, like we're working to get John Kerry elected."

Well, DUH! That's exactly what they are doing ya idjit!

"Brewer said unless Republicans cease the Nader petition drive, Democrats will flyspeck each signature to see if it's valid. Such scrutiny kept Nader off the ballot in Arizona. "

It's Florida all over again!

"The Republican Party doesn't take ethics lessons from a trifecta of trial lawyers," McNeilly said, referring to Democratic chairmen Brewer and Butch Hollowell and Gov. Jennifer Granholm -- all three lawyers. "They should call themselves the disenfranchisement party."

:clap:

"Nader campaign spokesman Kevin Zeese said it doesn't need Republican help to get on Michigan's ballot. At the same time, he called Democrats "the anti-democratic party" for trying to keep Nader off state ballots. "

:clap:

rraley

This election is too important to have 4% of Kerry's votes shaved off to Ralph Nader. If a conservative third-party candidate with a substantial movement was trying to get on the ballot, you know damn well that the Bush Campaign would be fighting to keep him off. And we all should know why the GOP is doing this - to fracture the left and the Democratic Party and it won't happen.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Originally posted by rraley
This election is too important to have 4% of Kerry's votes shaved off to Ralph Nader. If a conservative third-party candidate with a substantial movement was trying to get on the ballot, you know damn well that the Bush Campaign would be fighting to keep him off. And we all should know why the GOP is doing this - to fracture the left and the Democratic Party.

Thank you Captain obvious. :biggrin:

rraley

Originally posted by tlatchaw
Thank you Captain obvious. :biggrin:

I know I thought it was obvious too until huntr1 started posting quotes from Republicans suggesting that they had a benevolent agenda for helping Nader.

I know I thought it was obvious too until huntr1 started posting quotes from Republicans suggesting that they had a benevolent agenda for helping Nader.
Um, NO! It is ofcourse obvious that the reason the Repub's are doing it in order to win the vote in Michigan you idiot. Try your reading comprehension again..."At least 30,000 valid registered voter signatures are needed by Thursday, although Nader is trying on his own to get on the Michigan ballot as the Reform Party candidate. It's generally believed Nader would draw more votes from Democrat John Kerry than Republican George W. Bush.

In a close race, that could give Bush a win and all 17 electoral votes from Michigan, a battleground state where Kerry is slightly favored."

Reading Comprehension Lesson

"McNeilly said Republicans didn't try to stop Reform Party candidate Ross Perot from getting on state ballots in the 1992 presidential race, even though Perot cut into President George Bush's support, helping Bill Clinton."

Another Reading Comprehension Lesson

"In the 2000 election, Nader drew less than 2 percent of the vote in Michigan. He was the choice of 2.74 percent of voters nationally. Democrats said he pulled enough votes in Florida to put Bush in the White House."

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Like there wasn't any glee or assistance from Democrats when old Ross Perot ran in opposition to Bush the first. Guess the Democrats are beginning to understand that politics is a two-way street and life (or our electoral process) sometimes isn't fair.

"Nader campaign spokesman Kevin Zeese " NOT A REPUBLICAN

"Brewer said unless Republicans cease the Nader petition drive" NOT A REPUBLICAN

rraley

Dear God, huntr1 calm down. Sorry to have misread those statements...I'm at work and only made a quick glance. Calm down there pitbull.
And yes, Democrats were gleeful that Perot ran in 1992. If I recall my reading correctly, if the GOP had tried to stop him, they would not have gone very far because of how much support he was receiving (as compared to Nader who is in the low single digits). The Democrats see a chance to stop him in these states due to his low levels of support. But those low levels of support could make all the difference in a close election, so we aren't taking any chances.

Dear God, huntr1 calm down. Sorry to have misread everything in this and most every other thread...I'm an idiot and don't have any reading comprehension skills.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Dear God, huntr1 calm down. Sorry to have misread those statements...I'm at work and only made a quick glance. Calm down there pitbull.
And yes, Democrats were gleeful that Perot ran in 1992. If I recall my reading correctly, if the GOP had tried to stop him, they would not have gone very far because of how much support he was receiving (as compared to Nader who is in the low single digits). The Democrats see a chance to stop him in these states due to his low levels of support. But those low levels of support could make all the difference in a close election, so we aren't taking any chances.

WTF! So just because someone decides to favor a party other than the corrupted Democrat or Republican parties they cannot run for president? That is truly un-American sounding to me. If your party can't win the election too bad. Don't go crying because a certain third party candidate stole your election. If you lost it because of that reason in particular you really shouldn't have been on the ticket in the first place. There are alternatives out there that challenge the two party system it's just too bad everyone is pessimistic about them in thinking that they will never have a fighting chance to win. However, if enough votes are tallied up you can make a difference and make people stop and wonder.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
"Brewer said unless Republicans cease the Nader petition drive, Democrats will flyspeck each signature to see if it's valid. Such scrutiny kept Nader off the ballot in Arizona. "
Democrat flyspecking also kept a lot of service people from being counted in FL.

Pete

Repete
So you advocate disqualifying a legal candidate just because his following is small? You want to tell a person and his followers he is not ALLOWED to run? I thought you were a democrat? I guess only when it suits. :ohwell: