Michael Douglas: Oral sex causes throat cancer

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
This brings up a good point, however, how many people actually attempt to get testing done with a potential partner?

My husband and I were both tested pre-marriage. We had full physicals. :lol: And we continue to have annual physicals with complete blood work ups. INTJ strikes again.

Psst...he didn't mention that BJs cause cancer. :shrug:
Of course they do... if tab A enters slot B and slot B happens to be contaminated with HPV than consider tab A contaminated. It doesn't matter where he puts... the cancer causing virus can affect whatever tissues it takes hold in.

dustin

UAIOE
Type 2 HPVs are indeed linked to certain types of cancer (mainly cervical cancer in women), but I don't know about "throat cancer"

HPV and Cancer - National Cancer Institute

http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/common/ai/ai.pdf

It is well established that HPV 16 and HPV 18 are causative factors in cervical cancer, and now these two HPV's are also being linked to oral cancer. A study done by Dr. No-Hee Park showed that the mouth was, at the cellular level, structurally very similar to the vagina and cervix. Both organs have the same type of epithelial cells that are the target of HPV 16 and HPV 18. The majority of oral cancers are cancers of epithelial cells, primarily squamous cell carcinomas, not unlike the cancers that affect the cervix.
The Human Papilloma virus