Michael Vick

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As for idolizing him, where are the parents who are suppose to be teaching the chaps right and wrong? Yep, that's a long thread all in itself.

Yep.

Those parents are probably in the same place as the parents who allow their kids to pick on their peers who don't get into the whole celebrity worship thing. You know - the nerds.

We can teach our kids all we want, but really - who will they listen to: Mommy and Dad, or some famous cool celebrity? Why do you suppose all those Hollyweirds did that "pledge" video? Because they know they have no influence on young people?

So putting all of our pervasive pop culture off on parents to police is pretty naive.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Yep.

Those parents are probably in the same place as the parents who allow their kids to pick on their peers who don't get into the whole celebrity worship thing. You know - the nerds.

We can teach our kids all we want, but really - who will they listen to: Mommy and Dad, or some famous cool celebrity? Why do you suppose all those Hollyweirds did that "pledge" video? Because they know they have no influence on young people?

So putting all of our pervasive pop culture off on parents to police is pretty naive.
Your kids didn't listen to you did they? :poorbaby:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but, did I not see on the news, or even ESPN, that there were nearly 6 to 8 dogs that refused to fight each other, when placed in that enclosure, where the fighting took place - and Vick and another cohort killed these animals - because they refused to engage one another?

They were electrocuted, beheaded, and/or drowned. That, aboveall, is why I cannot comepletely forgive Vick. He may have served his time, for starting and running the whole enterprise, but the senseless killing of those dogs, was another matter, to my way of thinking.