Michigan school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley charged with terrorism, murder: 'Not just an impulsive act'

herb749

I did hear on a couple of different newscasts that the gun was purchased for the kid. (WMAL and FOX) If that is indeed the case then the dad needs to be charged to fullest extent of the law. It would be damned near impossible to prove that though.

I heard it was the Mom's gun. She's a realtor and bought it for protection.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
News earlier today said the parents bought it for the kid just 4 days before the shooting.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
And the parents have now been charged with involuntary manslaughter.

The parents of the teen suspect accused of killing four students after opening fire inside a Michigan high school earlier this week are now facing involuntary manslaughter charges as prosecutors on Friday revealed text messages allegedly sent to their son before and after the attack.

James and Jennifer Crumbley are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter, according to Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald. Their son, 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley, allegedly fired at least 30 rounds in the hallways of Oxford High School on Tuesday, killing four classmates and injuring seven others, including a teacher.

Michigan school shooting: Ethan Crumbley’s parents facing involuntary manslaughter charges | Fox News

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It gets even better…

Michigan authorities are asking the public to be on the lookout for the parents of Oakland High School shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley.

A statewide "Be on the Lookout" (BOLO) alert was issued for James and Jennifer Crumbley Friday, two police departments confirmed to FOX 2 Detroit.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-manhunt-ethan-crumbley-parents
Yup. I saw that, too.

Parents of Michigan school shooter Ethan Crumbley charged with manslaughter | Daily Mail Online

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It gets even better…

Michigan authorities are asking the public to be on the lookout for the parents of Oakland High School shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley.

A statewide "Be on the Lookout" (BOLO) alert was issued for James and Jennifer Crumbley Friday, two police departments confirmed to FOX 2 Detroit.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-manhunt-ethan-crumbley-parents
Even worse developments:
The prosecutor announced the involuntary manslaughter charges at a press conference BEFORE notifying the sheriff's department. In fact the sheriff just said that a member of the media called and asked him about the charges.

The SRO was not involved in any of the meetings pertaining to the shooter.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
As per the news: The kid was caught searching for bullets on his phone in class. The parents were called, but did not answer. Instead, the mother texted the kid, "lol, you have to learn not to get caught."

Lock those parents up and throw away the key.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Idiot, it isn't terrorism, what it is though is premeditated 1st degree murder.

This ^^^

"Terrorism" has a political component. You can't say it was "terrorism" just because the victim was terrified. Words mean something even though the progs just like to make it up on the fly.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"Terrorism" has a political component. You can't say it was "terrorism" just because the victim was terrified. Words mean something even though the progs just like to make it up on the fly.

That was the basis for my comment

22AcaciaAve

I have a problem with the terrorism charge as well. They claimed all of the kids were in terror once the shooter started. Well, that is true of any robbery. I'm sure customers in a bank or store are terrified once a robbery begins. By that definition, every act of violence is a terrorism incident.

As for the parents, well I generally think charging parents is a slippery slope. I know my kids did things that I didn't find out about until years later. And I was the discipline guy in our house. But these people absolutely should be charged. This kid had problems, and they knew it. And they failed to lock up a gun from a 15 year old who was mentally unbalanced. No possible way I would leave a weapon available for my kids when they were that age.

I'm sorry if he was bullied, nobody deserves that, but I knew people who were bullied in school, and at times I was bullied. At no time did I ever think about blowing people away. And maybe he might have handled it better if his parents were more supportive. Maybe they needed to find another way of comforting him besides giving him a gun, and texting "Just don't get caught" when he was googling bullets in school. They knew he was about to go off. Clearly when the active shooter bulletin came out at his school, they both knew it was him. Maybe they needed to help him before this. As far as I am concerned, they should be given a maximum sentence. And hopefully the prison population will handle the rest.

And also the school authorities need to be put under the spotlight. They called the parents to the school, and when the parents left, they simply returned this deranged kid to the class. I spoke to a friend of mine who was a principal of a Catholic school for his entire life. His solution was to tell the parents they either take their son home and get him help, or he will call the police immediately and let them handle it. No way was that kid getting back into the class area. Totally crazy that people in charge of a school had the parents and the psycho kid in their office, and nobody checked his back pack and then they let him back into the school population. There should be some big time lawsuits coming out of this.

Last edited: