Might have found

itsbob

I bowl overhand
How was the ride coming home?? Noticed differences, improvements over the Honda?? INFO man, we want INFO!!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
itsbob said:
How was the ride coming home?? Noticed differences, improvements over the Honda?? INFO man, we want INFO!!
The bike is VERY tall, I can barely flat foot it. Seat height is 33 inches(vs 27"), bike is 100 lbs lighter and has about 40 more hp than the Shadow.. Ride home included traffic backups in Hughesville and Charlotte Hall for wrecks, lots of stop and go. took over 2 hours to get back from White Plains.
I expierenced what I'll call motorcycle vertigo when I first got on the bike. A momentary disoriention when I turned the handlebars and the frame mounted fairing didn't move with it. Took a second for the fairing to start swinging around to re-allign with the direction I was moving.
My brain kept telling me that ain't right. :lol:
Runs and rides nice, hit a couple of open stretches on the ride home, takes about 3 seconds to roll from 60 to 90 in 6th gear.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
The bike is VERY tall, I can barely flat foot it. Seat height is 33 inches(vs 27"), bike is 100 lbs lighter and has about 40 more hp than the Shadow.. Ride home included traffic backups in Hughesville and Charlotte Hall for wrecks, lots of stop and go. took over 2 hours to get back from White Plains.
I expierenced what I'll call motorcycle vertigo when I first got on the bike. A momentary disoriention when I turned the handlebars and the frame mounted fairing didn't move with it. Took a second for the fairing to start swinging around to re-allign with the direction I was moving.
My brain kept telling me that ain't right. :lol:
Runs and rides nice, hit a couple of open stretches on the ride home, takes about 3 seconds to roll from 60 to 90 in 6th gear.
careful with the front wheel.. I heard it's hard to keep it on the ground in 2nd and 3rd.. what you think is a little 'blip' of the throttle will take the front wheel off the ground in a flash..

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I've heard that if you crack it open above 1500rpm in first it lifts. Not going to play with that till I get the tires scuffed in.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Newbike004.jpg

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Got some some parts on order today. Lowering links for the rear shock (I'm tip toeing when I back up), a center stand, new mirror mounts so I can see something other than my sholders and some new handlebar risers, move the bar up and back about an inch each.

Pete

Repete
aps45819 said:
Got some some parts on order today. Lowering links for the rear shock (I'm tip toeing when I back up), a center stand, new mirror mounts so I can see something other than my sholders and some new handlebar risers, move the bar up and back about an inch each.
By the time you are done it will be your old Honda :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
By the time you are done it will be your old Honda :lmao:
Maybe the Honda on Steroids :lol:
I'd have to drop it over 6 inches to get the same seat height and lose half the gas tank.

Pete

Repete
aps45819 said:
Maybe the Honda on Steroids :lol:
I'd have to drop it over 6 inches to get the same seat height and lose half the gas tank.
Won't that reduce your lean angle as well? No more super twisties, you will be scraping ground.

Half the gas tank? So you can go 50 miles between fill ups? where is the gas tank?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
Won't that reduce your lean angle as well? No more super twisties, you will be scraping ground.
Half the gas tank? So you can go 50 miles between fill ups? where is the gas tank?
Yes it will reduce lean angle, but I'll still have a lot more than I had before. If I don't like it, I can always swap the original parts back in.
Don't understand the gas tank comment. The V Strom has a 6 gallon tank, the Honda had a little over 3.

SRV

SRV
Hey This My first Time On this Forum

Hello I just found this forum today thought I would drop in and say hello and see what was going on. I ride a 06 XL883C and love it. The only changes I desire to make at this point are Exaust, Air Flo, Seat and Lowering . Other than that I love riding my bike. I have been on some long rides as well as just local runs. I have not yet been involved with any of the ralleys but am looking forward to Rolling Thunder in May. I just started riding this past summer I learned on a 92 Honda Shadow 250cc. It was a great bike to learn on. I was going for one of the Honda Spirits 750 I believe it was, but my wife said she had bought me all of these Harley-Davidson t-shirts and I woul look silly riding a Honda wearing Harlry-Davidson t-shirts. So she was the one who sold me on buying a Harley-Davidson. I like most all the cruisers out there all I care about is riding. I know I could of saved myself a lot of money on one of the metric bikes and for that I regret getting the Harley-Davidson. There are some really nice metric bikes out there and right out of factory looking very good and custom. I know that I could of gotten everything I wanted in a bike for about a third of the money. :howdy: