Million More Movement will it help?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
willie said:
it's enough of them to make life harder for the hard working black citizen.
And that's the truth. You don't fight stereotypes by perpetuating them. And every time some ghetto rapper sings about #####es and hos and crime and killing people, it feeds the stereotype. Every time Farrakhan gets an audience for his insane rantings, it feeds the stereotype.

Where are Jesse Jackson and other "black leaders" when it comes to this sort of thing? Trying to figure out how to make a buck off of it, that's where.

And anyone notice that the minute Bill Cosby gave his "straighten out" speech, he was the target of sexual harrassment accusations? That can't possibly be a coincidence.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
vraiblonde said:
And that's the truth. You don't fight stereotypes by perpetuating them. And every time some ghetto rapper sings about #####es and hos and crime and killing people, it feeds the stereotype. Every time Farrakhan gets an audience for his insane rantings, it feeds the stereotype.

Where are Jesse Jackson and other "black leaders" when it comes to this sort of thing? Trying to figure out how to make a buck off of it, that's where.

And anyone notice that the minute Bill Cosby gave his "straighten out" speech, he was the target of sexual harrassment accusations? That can't possibly be a coincidence.
Bill Cosby is the only worthwhile nationally-known black leader to step up that I can remember in the last couple years. And his words split the black community in half. Unfortunately, he didn't follow through with what could have been a significant movement. The man sure knew what he was talking about, but then he just... disappeared.

He ought to go on a public speaking tour, form a nonprofit organization to market his philosophy to black Americans, and really get something done. Such an organization should learn from the "anti-drug" and "truth" commercials, which I believe I heard have actually had a positive effect on curbing teen smoking and drug use.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
sleuth said:
Bill Cosby is the only worthwhile nationally-known black leader to step up that I can remember in the last couple years. And his words split the black community in half. Unfortunately, he didn't follow through with what could have been a significant movement. The man sure knew what he was talking about, but then he just... disappeared.

He ought to go on a public speaking tour, form a nonprofit organization to market his philosophy to black Americans, and really get something done. Such an organization should learn from the "anti-drug" and "truth" commercials, which I believe I heard have actually had a positive effect on curbing teen smoking and drug use.
Will never happen. What Cosby proposes is too "hard". Stop promescuity, get a job, get off welfare, learn and use English, stop acting stupid. None of this sounds fun.

Pete

Repete
I listened to a repeat of Rusty Humphrey last night on XM. He was reading some of the thoeries/beliefs of the "Nation of Islam."

They believe that the "Black man" is the original human and that "white men" were created by a scientist during an experiment in Africa with a ressesive gene.

"White people" are inherently evil and cannot be helped.

Prophesy is that "white" people will rule for a period then Muhamed will return and restore the "black man" to his rightful place as rulers of the earth.

They believe "The Nation of Islam" is really a nation and that members should denounce their US citizenship.

there was a bunch of other stuff that was totally loony. Not sure he had a good source, it was just what he put out.

Otter

Nothing to see here
sleuth said:

And thats exactly why you don't find truthspeakers in politics, speak out against the status quo and you get slammed. Smart, reasonable people have no desire to be run thru the muck of the media and special interest groups, so they don't end up in politics / public service.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
aps45819 said:
continue the concept that black people are victims and to stupid to achieve the American Dream without help from the white massers that run the gubbermint.
That must have hit home for somebody, they found it necessary to hit me with red :lol:
I was amazed at the reaction when Cosby came out and said personal responsibility was the way to live.