Missing Father/7 mo. old PLEASE READ!!!!

EASTERBUNNY77

No that wasnt me. I offered at 7:30 AM yesterday to have 6 investigators start searching the two main routes. EB read my message, didnt reply. 48 hours is a very long time. Does he have a cell phone ?

Sorry for not replying, I just felt it better to just fwd it to my mom, she has more contact with the family than I do, thanks you for all your suggestions and help. The family is giving all of the suggestions a try. Thanks again.

STAYATHOMEMAMA3

The child was last seen with a parent, and that parent has not reported her missing.

This raises an interesting point though - if a parent who has a child with them goes missing, why isn't the child also automatically considered missing.

EXACTLY. Their response is that she is only missing to us because she is with her dad, so technically not missing. Makes no sense, but this is why they aren't issuing any bulletins about her. ESPECIALLY since they are aware of his drug addiction. Very aggravating to say the least

STAYATHOMEMAMA3

There was a recent case in Feb where a family of 4 vanished. Groceries out, dogs chained outside, perscrition glasses on the counter. Car found abandoned blocks away from the mexican border. The remaining family has started an awesome website in an effort to track the missing parents and their children.

The Joseph Mcstay Family Website - Help bring home Joseph, Summer, Gianna, and Joseph Jr

Not sure how to do that, but will definitely work on it. Great idea. I think also creating a FB page just for them. Robert Butler has a fb page, but need to create one about their disappearance. Thanks again

DocHudson

Seat Belts Save Boobs
Credit Cards

If they hold "joint" credit cards, she can monitor usage.
Same for Debit Cards, and Cell Phone Usage.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
EXACTLY. Their response is that she is only missing to us because she is with her dad, so technically not missing. Makes no sense, but this is why they aren't issuing any bulletins about her. ESPECIALLY since they are aware of his drug addiction. Very aggravating to say the least
Maybe they aren't as concerned because they are being told that he'd never hurt his child. :shrug: What should have been done is to say he was out of control, had a gun, was planning on taking out as many cops as possible before killing the child. THAT would have gotten the response needed. And yes I did ask my neighbor - a Charles County deputy - what would get the police moving.

B

Bronwyn

Maybe they aren't as concerned because they are being told that he'd never hurt his child. :shrug: What should have been done is to say he was out of control, had a gun, was planning on taking out as many cops as possible before killing the child. THAT would have gotten the response needed. And yes I did ask my neighbor - a Charles County deputy - what would get the police moving.

Just have to be careful that charges are brought against them for filing a false report. A gray area when trying to manipulate law enforcement.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Just have to be careful that charges are brought against them for filing a false report. A gray area when trying to manipulate law enforcement.
Well its too late now anyway. They've told the police about the addiction but also that he'd never hurt the child. They should have played up the addiction and that he's a danger to everyone. That's not manipulating the police. According to my neighbor all drug addicts are viewed as a potential threat to the safety of the arresting officer, generally because certain drugs seem to give the person inhuman strength to resist arrest and the person's judgement is so clouded they don't care that they are fighting a police officer. Its why they hate responding to domestic disturbances when both parties are messed up. They try to take one into custody and the one that called them ends up attacking them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe they aren't as concerned because they are being told that he'd never hurt his child.

Which makes me wonder:

Is it against some law to take off and not notify everyone you know? OP and other apparent family members have said repeatedly that this guy is not a danger to his child, so what's the problem? If there's no sign of "foul play" why can't he take his daughter wherever he wants without people freaking and sending out a search party?

B

Bronwyn

Well its too late now anyway. They've told the police about the addiction but also that he'd never hurt the child. They should have played up the addiction and that he's a danger to everyone. That's not manipulating the police. According to my neighbor all drug addicts are viewed as a potential threat to the safety of the arresting officer, generally because certain drugs seem to give the person inhuman strength to resist arrest and the person's judgement is so clouded they don't care that they are fighting a police officer. Its why they hate responding to domestic disturbances when both parties are messed up. They try to take one into custody and the one that called them ends up attacking them.

I agree :lol: But I was responing to the "gun & taking out as many cops as possible" part :lol:

B

Bronwyn

Which makes me wonder:

Is it against some law to take off and not notify everyone you know? OP and other apparent family members have said repeatedly that this guy is not a danger to his child, so what's the problem? If there's no sign of "foul play" why can't he take his daughter wherever he wants without people freaking and sending out a search party?

If my son, who I talked to every day and loved very much suddenly vanished without a trace... I would care.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If my son, who I talked to every day and loved very much suddenly vanished without a trace... I would care.

But how long would it take you to get worried? To think that they'd "vanished"? Sometimes I don't hear from my (adult) kids for a week, and it never occurs to me that something might be amiss. I run away for several days at a time, and nobody has ever expressed concern.