Moms in here please

NAS

i agree with the bitin the child back my son bit me when he was 2 and i bit him back and said **thats how its feels** and he never bit again, i know to some it sounds awful but its really not

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by joeyinlexpark
This "nice touches Sean" is a crock!!!
Agree. They don't listen and it's hard to communicate with a 2 year old anyway. Kids at that age are like animals (really) - they only understand negative and postive reinforcement. When you talk nice to them and try to explain things, they don't get the message. You could probably tower over him, use your mean Daddy voice and intimidate the crap out of him - get your message across without getting physical. My mean Mommy voice is legendary in our house - when I break it out, kids start scurrying. :lol:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I just want to go on record as saying that I think biting your kid is wrong. I'm not one of these mamby pamby, no disipline, let your kids do what they want kinda moms and I don't think talking to them at that age does much good but the thought of intentionally hurting your kid appalls me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by cmcdanal
I just want to go on record as saying that I think biting your kid is wrong.
I agree to some extent, but you can't really argue with the results. I don't think anyone's advocating biting the kid's arm off - just give him enough to feel some discomfort. You're not supposed to leave bruises or marks on your kid.

K

Kain99

I was never much of a spanker. When the kids were little I definitely swatted their butts for going towards the road, touching outlets etc.

All of that aside I have to agree that situation is very serious.

I say bite him back. The Daycare Center cannot keep a biter... No Center can.

Teach him the quick way. You cannot reason with a two year old.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Kain99
I was never much of a spanker. When the kids were little I definitely swatted their butts for going towards the road, touching outlets etc.

All of that aside I have to agree that situation is very serious.

I say bite him back. The Daycare Center cannot keep a biter... No Center can.

Teach him the quick way. You cannot reason with a two year old.
so you say a bite for a bite...why didnt you then jam their fingers into the outlets, to learn them to not touch?:shrug:
FYI. I bit my kid once (not too hard) Never bit me again....

K

Kain99

Originally posted by mainman
so you say a bite for a bite...why didnt you then jam their fingers into the outlets, to learn them to not touch?:shrug:
FYI. I bit my kid once (not too hard) Never bit me again....

OMG! That reminds me of that show Titus! Man I loved that show.... :razz2:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Mine is hard-headed (must have gotten it from mom!) bit a lot. We bit back, slapped & said no, nothing helped. Kept doing it for 3 months or so. Now she doesn't do it anymore, must have been a phase.