Monavie

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyone tried it? Supposedly it cures cancer and diabetes, helps you lose weight, makes your hair shiny and lustrous, silences barking neighbor dogs and encourages world peace.

My friend is a distributor and she sold me 4 bottles of it (admittedly without any pressure from her because I figure even if it doesn't turn me into Dara Torres, I can still use the vitamins and this is an easy way to get them). You drink 2 oz. in the morning, then another 2 oz. in the afternoon. It's rather tart and somewhat thick, fruity and although not delicious, it's not unpleasant.

There are numerous sites calling it a scam, but they appear to be talking about the MLM distributorship of it, not the actual product. Just curious if anyone's familiar with it. (The product, that is, I don't care about the business end of things.)

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Anyone tried it? Supposedly it cures cancer and diabetes, helps you lose weight, makes your hair shiny and lustrous, silences barking neighbor dogs and encourages world peace.

My friend is a distributor and she sold me 4 bottles of it (admittedly without any pressure from her because I figure even if it doesn't turn me into Dara Torres, I can still use the vitamins and this is an easy way to get them). You drink 2 oz. in the morning, then another 2 oz. in the afternoon. It's rather tart and somewhat thick, fruity and although not delicious, it's not unpleasant.

There are numerous sites calling it a scam, but they appear to be talking about the MLM distributorship of it, not the actual product. Just curious if anyone's familiar with it. (The product, that is, I don't care about the business end of things.)
$160.00?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Let us know how that works for you. I never heard of it, but that doesn't mean anything. The article is somewhat disturbing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

She gave me a discount.

However, I figure one bottle lasts about a week. So that's $40 a week. When you consider what I spend on cigarettes, $40 a week for something healthy doesn't seem so outrageous.

I mixed my afternoon dose with orange juice and it was quite yummy. :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
She gave me a discount.

However, I figure one bottle lasts about a week. So that's $40 a week. When you consider what I spend on cigarettes, $40 a week for something healthy doesn't seem so outrageous.

I mixed my afternoon dose with orange juice and it was quite yummy. :yay:

try mixing it with gingerale and Vodka

lisa8439

one of my doctors was using it last time I went there.... I didn't ask her about it, but I was curious after seeing it on her desk and googled. I didn't see a whole lot positive so I didn't think much of it.

I had no idea it was THAT expensive!! :cds: wow. Though I've paid that much for a good bottle of vitamins, so if it worked, then it might be debatable as to whether or not it was worth it.

Let us know if you notice any difference in a week or two...

So even if it makes you feel like you can leap tall buildings in a single bound while you take it... what do you expect will happen the moment you stop? :coffee:

You want a magic pill... simply start taking fish oil daily. Two in the morning and two in the afternoon.

Studies are published almost daily as the scientific community discovers more and more of the many extraordinary omega 3 fish oil benefits.

If you haven't already been swept up in the net yet, here are 7 proven omega 3 benefits you should know about.

1. Less Pain and Inflammation. Omega 3 fatty acids, particularly EPA, have a very positive effect on your inflammatory response. Through several mechanisms, they regulate your body's inflammation cycle, which prevents and relieves painful conditions like arthritis, prostatitis, cystitis and anything else ending in "itis."

2. Cardiovascular Health. Omega 3 fatty acids have also been proven to work wonders for your heart and the miles and miles of arteries and veins that make up your cardiovascular system. They help to lower cholesterol, tryglicerides, LDLs and blood pressure, while at the same time increasing good HDL cholesterol. This adds years to your life expectancy.

3. Protection from Stroke and Heart Attack. When plaque builds up on arterial walls and then breaks loose, it causes what's known as a thrombosis, which is a fancy way of saying clot. If a clot gets stuck in the brain, it causes a stroke and when it plugs an artery, it causes a heart attack. Research shows omega 3 fatty acids break up clots before they can cause any damage.

4. Better Brain Function and Higher Intelligence. Pregnant and nursing mothers can have a great impact on the intelligence and happiness of their babies by supplementing with fish oil. For adults, omega 3 improves memory, recall, reasoning and focus. You'll swear you're getting younger and smarter.

5. Less Depression and Psychosis. Making you smarter is not all omega 3 does for your brain. Psychiatry department researchers at the University of Sheffield, along with many other research studies, found that omega 3 fish oil supplements "alleviate" the symptoms of depression, bipolar and psychosis (Journal of Affective Disorder Vol. 48(2-3);149-55).

6. Lower Incidence of Childhood Disorders. Just to show how fish oil fatty acids leave nobody out, studies show that children (and adults) with ADD and ADHD experience a greatly improved quality of life. And those with dyslexia, dyspraxia and compulsive disorders have gotten a new lease on life thanks to omega 3 oils.

7. Reduction of Breast, Colon and Prostate Cancer. And finally, omega 3 fish oil has been shown to help prevent three of the most common forms of cancer – breast, colon and prostate. Science tells us that omega 3s accomplish this in three ways. They stop the alteration from a normal healthy cell to a cancerous mass, inhibiting unwanted cellular growth and causing apoptosis, or cellular death, of cancer cells.

lisa8439

You want a magic pill... simply start taking fish oil daily. Two in the morning and two in the afternoon.

:buddies: THAT is the 'vitamin' that I pay about $60 a month for. I buy it from a company that has pharmaceutical grade/mercury free... worth every penny! I tried the cheap stuff from CVS and a couple of other brands, the difference is night and day. It has helped tremendously with aches and pains from my last lyme infection, and I honestly believe that I haven't been as 'affected' by the lyme this time around (yep, got it again) because i've been taking omega 3 every day. I take 4 a day too.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
:buddies: THAT is the 'vitamin' that I pay about $60 a month for. I buy it from a company that has pharmaceutical grade/mercury free... worth every penny! I tried the cheap stuff from CVS and a couple of other brands, the difference is night and day. It has helped tremendously with aches and pains from my last lyme infection, and I honestly believe that I haven't been as 'affected' by the lyme this time around (yep, got it again) because i've been taking omega 3 every day. I take 4 a day too.
What brand do you buy?

tygrace

So even if it makes you feel like you can leap tall buildings in a single bound while you take it... what do you expect will happen the moment you stop? :coffee:

Studies are published almost daily as the scientific community discovers more and more of the many extraordinary omega 3 fish oil benefits.

If you haven't already been swept up in the net yet, here are 7 proven omega 3 benefits you should know about.

1. Less Pain and Inflammation. Omega 3 fatty acids, particularly EPA, have a very positive effect on your inflammatory response. Through several mechanisms, they regulate your body's inflammation cycle, which prevents and relieves painful conditions like arthritis, prostatitis, cystitis and anything else ending in "itis."

2. Cardiovascular Health. Omega 3 fatty acids have also been proven to work wonders for your heart and the miles and miles of arteries and veins that make up your cardiovascular system. They help to lower cholesterol, tryglicerides, LDLs and blood pressure, while at the same time increasing good HDL cholesterol. This adds years to your life expectancy.

3. Protection from Stroke and Heart Attack. When plaque builds up on arterial walls and then breaks loose, it causes what's known as a thrombosis, which is a fancy way of saying clot. If a clot gets stuck in the brain, it causes a stroke and when it plugs an artery, it causes a heart attack. Research shows omega 3 fatty acids break up clots before they can cause any damage.

4. Better Brain Function and Higher Intelligence. Pregnant and nursing mothers can have a great impact on the intelligence and happiness of their babies by supplementing with fish oil. For adults, omega 3 improves memory, recall, reasoning and focus. You'll swear you're getting younger and smarter.

5. Less Depression and Psychosis. Making you smarter is not all omega 3 does for your brain. Psychiatry department researchers at the University of Sheffield, along with many other research studies, found that omega 3 fish oil supplements "alleviate" the symptoms of depression, bipolar and psychosis (Journal of Affective Disorder Vol. 48(2-3);149-55).

6. Lower Incidence of Childhood Disorders. Just to show how fish oil fatty acids leave nobody out, studies show that children (and adults) with ADD and ADHD experience a greatly improved quality of life. And those with dyslexia, dyspraxia and compulsive disorders have gotten a new lease on life thanks to omega 3 oils.

7. Reduction of Breast, Colon and Prostate Cancer. And finally, omega 3 fish oil has been shown to help prevent three of the most common forms of cancer – breast, colon and prostate. Science tells us that omega 3s accomplish this in three ways. They stop the alteration from a normal healthy cell to a cancerous mass, inhibiting unwanted cellular growth and causing apoptosis, or cellular death, of cancer cells.

Where do you get it from, and what brand?

lisa8439

What brand do you buy?

I order it online, it's from 'life extension' - this one:
Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Fruit Extract, 120 softgels

sorry I don't know how to 'caption' the link so that it says 'this one' instead of the entire link...

I go through a bottle a month just by myself, taking 4 a day. I also give each of my kids 2 a day. They are a little big, but I poke a hole in them and just empty the contents out into applesauce or whatever, kids don't taste it at all.

I also take a CoQ10 pill when I take the two fish oil capsules so that I don't have any 'fishy' burps... LOL but I've tried several brands, including some from whole foods that were more expensive, and this brand is by far the best I've found. I get my CoQ10 from them too.

Between those two things, my overall health has really improved - I had lyme about 8 years ago and up until a year ago was really still suffering from the effects. Stiff joints, frequent headaches, etc - the omega 3 has really helped that, and the CoQ10 is just good for overall health. My bloodwork is better now at 30 than it was at 25, hands down.

lisa8439

I get the Nature Made Odorless gell tabs from BJ's Wholesale. I pay a little more for odorless/tasteless but it's worth it to me since I would :barf: if I tasted fish.

:killingme yeah I made that mistake before I started taking the CoQ10 at the same time!! Now I get 'orang-y' burps instead LOL

There is also a company called 'blue ice' I believe that makes good omega 3 stuff, but they are pretty pricey... they have flavors like cinammon though, and they make liquid if you want to put it in a smoothie instead of swallowing a pill. Whole Foods sells the blue ice stuff there...

I am still looking for a good multi-vitamin - anyone have any ideas?? :popcorn:

Sorry Vrai if I've hijacked your thread!! LOL Still let us know how the monavie is - I've been interested in that since I saw my doctor with it, but I had no idea it was so expensive!

lisa8439

So Vrai, are you jumping over buildings and pooping rainbows yet?? LOL How long does it supposedly take to notice a difference? :popcorn:

I'm genuinely curious about the monavie stuff and whether or not it is worth the money. Is it that acai juice, or do they carry water? I thought the stuff I saw in my doctor's office was water.... or does it just look like water?

I'd just suck it up and try a bottle but I don't want to pay $40 a bottle... :popcorn:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So Vrai, are you jumping over buildings and pooping rainbows yet??

OMG, haven't you been watching the news? Didn't you see the story about me??

:lol:

I've only been drinking it since Saturday, and no miracle yet. But it is vitamins that I wouldn't normally get, so I'm sure that's a good thing. Normally I don't drink juice because I don't care for it, but this is kind of a forced drink because I don't want to waste the money I spent. :lol:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
So, is there a product name or do we just squeeze the #### out of a fish and drink whatever comes out?

I like Nordic Naturals. It's a little more pricey but very clean (as far as the source of the fish). There are different kinds you can get, some with a higher concentration of DHA or EPA. There are blends for women in their menopausal years, teens, children, hair & skin, heart, brain, they even have blends for your pets..... etc.