Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Hot Pepper (Your choice.)
Salt
Pepper

And you're good to go. Tastes just like theirs. :drool:

aosmiles

I was told that it's a Miracle Whip base instead of Mayo. :ohwell:

Yes....the recipe called for Mayo, but I don't like Mayo so I believe Miracle Whip is much better. Mexico Restaurant makes it as well, but it is not as flavorful...it is something many Mexican Restaurants offer, but I prefer Monterry's over the others.....

ylexot

Super Genius
Yes....the recipe called for Mayo, but I don't like Mayo so I believe Miracle Whip is much better. Mexico Restaurant makes it as well, but it is not as flavorful...it is something many Mexican Restaurants offer, but I prefer Monterry's over the others.....

Really? I've been to many mexican restaurants all over the country and the only place I've ever seen that white sauce is in SoMD. I think it's just a concoction made up for the people around here who wouldn't know good mexican food if it bit them on the ass.

somdfunguy

not impressed
Really? I've been to many mexican restaurants all over the country and the only place I've ever seen that white sauce is in SoMD. I think it's just a concoction made up for the people around here who wouldn't know good mexican food if it bit them on the ass.

you mean good Tex-Mex, almost no one serves Mexican food. many try to serve good Tex-Mex but fail.

N

navywife1984

Miquel's on Coronado (San Diego) is the best for their white sauce and food, but Monterey's is good as far as SOMD is concerned.

:patriot:

aosmiles

Well....the best Mexican is that which is authentic from Mexico or the Southwest, which is where I'm from. However, I have had this white sauce in other states on this side of the Mississippi. So-it can be found elsewhere, but that is not the point of this thread. :)