Monthly Inflation and JOBS

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Ground beef sale coming to a store near you. Stock up while you can. Remember, inflation is only transitory.

232076881_4897830256898841_5007307603153625353_n.jpg

Hijinx

I was at BJ's the other day and there were packaged New York Strip steaks there selling for $19.95 a lb.
There were some cheaper ones selling for $11,95.

Ground beef is a major staple of our diet as we cannot afford steaks any longer or not so much as we cannot afford them, we just refuse to pay that price. We got one of their roasted chickens for $4.99 that gives us 2 meals and chicken salad sandwiches. Great buy there.

HemiHauler

I buy my beef (and pork) on the hoof from a nearby farm and on a per-pound price, I pay a fraction of the apparent prices being bandied about of late. As a bonus, I get to shake the hand of the man who grows my food and we’ve even had a few beers before.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I buy my beef (and pork) on the hoof from a nearby farm and on a per-pound price, I pay a fraction of the apparent prices being bandied about of late. As a bonus, I get to shake the hand of the man who grows my food and we’ve even had a few beers before.
Is everyone else here as impressed with this as i am?

:jet:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

A quote from a 1924 edition of the American Banker's Association not intended for the public sums up what is currently happening all around us:

"Capital must protect itself in every possible way, both by combination and legislation. Debts must be collected, mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible. When, through the process of law, the common people lose their homes, they will become more docile and more easily governed through the strong arm of government applied by a central power of wealth under leading financiers. These truths are well known among our principal men who are now engaged in forming an imperialism to govern the world. By dividing the voter through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting for questions of no importance. It is thus by discreet action we can secure for ourselves that which has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished."

Voting for different political candidates/parties, it is a charade to give you a feeling of importance.

Also, notice that only Afghanistan is taking up the majority of the news cycles? What is it that is not being reported?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Inflation Soars To Four-Decade High Of 7.5%

According to the United States Department of Labor, the Consumer Price Index (CPI) — which tracks costs faced by the typical American family — attained its highest rate of increase since February 1982. Core CPI, which does not consider volatile categories such as food and energy, increased by 6% year-over-year.

Inflation refers to the erosion of a currency’s purchasing power. Though nominal wages are rising as the American economy recovers from COVID-19 and the lockdown-induced recession, “real average hourly earnings” — which consider the effect of inflation — fell by 2.4% last year.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Not Right’ For Him ‘To Say What We’re Doing Is Contributing To The Inflation’

Host George Stephanopoulos noted that inflation, which is at its highest levels in 40 years, is costing the average American family approximately $275 a month.

Stephanopoulos then played a clip of Manchin saying:

This is not a time to be throwing more fuel on the fire. We have an inflate — we have inflation and we have, basically, an economy that’s on fire. You don’t throw more fuel on the fire that is already on fire causing the problems that we have. So we’ve got to get our house in order.

Pelosi gave a long-winded response to Manchin’s remarks before claiming, “it’s not right — with all the respect in the world for my friend, Joe Manchin — it’s not right to say what we’re doing is contributing to the inflation because it is exactly the opposite.”

phreddyp

Host George Stephanopoulos noted that inflation, which is at its highest levels in 40 years, is costing the average American family approximately $275 a month.

Pelosi gave a long-winded response to Manchin’s remarks before claiming, “it’s not right — with all the respect in the world for my friend, Joe Manchin — it’s not right to say what we’re doing is contributing to the inflation because it is exactly the opposite.”
The speaker B**ch is grasping at every straw she can, the ONLY thing that matters to this Pompous C**t is the Democratic party line and nothing else.

Hijinx

Well Nancy------------------if what you are doing is exactly the opposite of causing inflation.

Why is inflation still rising.? If what you are doing is not causing inflation--WTF is?
You stupid old twit.

Clem72

I was at BJ's the other day and there were packaged New York Strip steaks there selling for $19.95 a lb.
There were some cheaper ones selling for $11,95.

Ground beef is a major staple of our diet as we cannot afford steaks any longer or not so much as we cannot afford them, we just refuse to pay that price. We got one of their roasted chickens for $4.99 that gives us 2 meals and chicken salad sandwiches. Great buy there.

Pretty nice ribeyes at Food Lion a couple of days ago for $7.99/lb. Extra thick the way you like it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Economists Trash Dems’ Fuel Price Control Proposal: ‘Can’t Believe They’re Dumb Enough To Do This’

Such a policy, which prohibits private companies from increasing prices regardless of market conditions, would have catastrophic consequences including energy supply shortages and increased inflation, the economists argued in a series of interviews with The Daily Caller News Foundation. Democrats have alleged in recent weeks that inflation is being driven by corporate price gouging and that Big Oil is using the Ukraine crisis as cover to raise prices and boost profits.

“I just can’t believe they’re dumb enough to do this,” Benjamin Zycher, an economist and senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, told TheDCNF in an interview.

“If prices are controlled at below-market clearing levels, then you get shortages because the quantity demanded is greater than the quantity supplied at the legal maximum price,” he continued. “And that’s why you get gasoline lines and allocation controls.”

The House Rules Committee announced that it would review the Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act — a bill that enables the president to issue an emergency declaration banning energy prices issued in an “excessive or exploitative manner,” according to its sponsors — on Monday before reporting it to the floor. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who told reporters last week that oil and gas companies were exploiting consumers, promised that there would be a floor vote on the legislation this week.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The graph that disproves Biden's claim inflation is 'higher' than 'every other major industrial country in the world': Stats show 41-year high price rises in the US have been growing ahead of G7 nations and China

• President Joe Biden has been under fire for inflation that has reached its highest point in 41 years and has squeezed the finances of millions of Americans
  • He has blamed Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine and the COVID pandemic for the surge in prices - and now has pointed to inflation being a global issue
  • While prices having been rising across the globe, the inflation in the U.S. has been higher than the G7 nations and China for most of the year
  • Data from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development from April 2021 until April 2022 shows U.S. inflation has been rising steadily above all other nations

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Washington Post Finance Columnist Scolds Americans for Complaining About Inflation

Everyone can imagine a writer for the Washington Post defending record inflation if it had happened on Trump’s watch, right?

Harold Hutchison reports at the Daily Caller:

‘Stop Complaining’: WaPo Personal Finance Adviser Dismisses Americans Suffering From Inflation
A Washington Post columnist told Americans to “stop complaining” about the effects of inflation while on MSNBC Wednesday.

“You got to stop complaining when there’s so many people who literally the inflation rate means they may only have two meals instead of three,” Michelle Singletary, a personal finance columnist for the Post, said during “Chris Jansing Reports.” “There are Americans who did extremely well in the last two years in the market.”
“You still have your job,” Singletary said. “And yeah, it’s costing you more for gas, but guess what, you’re still going to take that holiday, that Fourth of July vacation, you could eat out.”…
“Stop looking at your portfolio,” Singletary said. “And you know what you can do with all that energy? Help other people, help put some food on the table of somebody else’s house because you have extra.”

Here’s the video:

All of a sudden, media people and Democrats (but I repeat myself) are making excuses for the nightmare level of inflation happening under Biden.

Hijinx

We are paying more and getting less.
Now even though we may not be in dire straights--------where does it end?
It's like saying a person struggling in the water is not really drowning yet.

phreddyp

Washington Post Finance Columnist Scolds Americans for Complaining About Inflation

Everyone can imagine a writer for the Washington Post defending record inflation if it had happened on Trump’s watch, right?

Here’s the video:

All of a sudden, media people and Democrats (but I repeat myself) are making excuses for the nightmare level of inflation happening under Biden.

James Glassman was 10x better than that stupid bitch . I've read her columns for years always laced with race and spin.

Reactions: TPD

herb749

Here’s the video:

All they know right now is, look, its 1/6 .