More fatties causing trouble

dave1959

that coffee was 180 .... WTF who needs to serve coffee @ 180

and yes the woman should have know it was HOT .......

equal blame to go around

Sorry if I sound ignorant..but I thought coffee was made with boiling water..212 degrees... So if it was fresh out of the pot 180 sounds about right.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Don't businesses have a right to refuse service, or can they be sued for discrimination? If they can't refuse to serve someone but they have a heartattack in the restaurant due to a burger, can they be sued for that too? Is there anything you can't be sued over these days?

lovinmaryland

I did not know this. Gives one a whole new perspective.

When I was getting licensed for insurance they brought up this case and a lot of the misconceptions. She actually had 3 rd degree burns which need skin grafting. All she asked for was that her medical bills be covered when they refused she sued.

Don't businesses have a right to refuse service, or can they be sued for discrimination? If they can't refuse to serve someone but they have a heartattack in the restaurant due to a burger, can they be sued for that too? Is there anything you can't be sued over these days?

I don't know but in this case it's not like they refused him service, surely they'd sell him burgers alllll day. Hell he'd probably be their best customer :eek:inkoink: they simply refused to change the set up/design of their place to accommodate his fat ass. He could stand and eat, he could get it to go but no, he wants them to make a special fat person table.

Ugh, I'm irritated....not necessarily about this, at the moment it's just easier to take it out on this fatty! j/k :lmao:

dave1959

Oversized people and disabled need to understand that there are some things they cannot do and places they cannot go.
I'm tired my counter at work that is too short for me because a disabled person "may" try to shop here.
Maybe i'll use the ADA laws for defense in my back injury case from bending over all day.

lovinmaryland

Oversized people and disabled need to understand that there are some things they cannot do and places they cannot go.
I'm tired my counter at work that is too short for me because a disabled person "may" try to shop here.
Maybe i'll use the ADA laws for defense in my back injury case from bending over all day.

When I moved out here from San Diego I was :shocked: that most of the businesses, restaurants, etc... dont have accessible ramps and features. In California all that is mandatory. Not saying its right or not right but just different to what I was accustomed too.

bcp

In My Opinion
that coffee was 180 .... WTF who needs to serve coffee @ 180

and yes the woman should have know it was HOT .......

equal blame to go around

The hotter you brew the coffee, the more oil that is extracted from the grounds.
brewing at 180 vs 140 is a great savings when you serve so much over the year.

thurley42

HY;FR
When I moved out here from San Diego I was :shocked: that most of the businesses, restaurants, etc... dont have accessible ramps and features. In California all that is mandatory. Not saying its right or not right but just different to what I was accustomed too.

I think the problem is the idea that obesity is a handicap. People who are paralyzed, etc. are that way for some reason other than their own bidding..(car accidents/other accidents aside)....fat people are fat because they are lazy, and have poor eating habits....Don't give me that whole, "I have a glandular problem"...The Biggest Loser more than proves that super large people can lose the weight if they work at it.

I think ramps, handicap accessible areas are a good thing. Accomodating someone because they are too lazy to work out and have no self control to put down a cheeseburger is ridiculous

IMO

bcp

In My Opinion
I think the problem is the idea that obesity is a handicap. People who are paralyzed, etc. are that way for some reason other than their own bidding..(car accidents/other accidents aside)....fat people are fat because they are lazy, and have poor eating habits....Don't give me that whole, "I have a glandular problem"...The Biggest Loser more than proves that super large people can lose the weight if they work at it.

I think ramps, handicap accessible areas are a good thing. Accomodating someone because they are too lazy to work out and have no self control to put down a cheeseburger is ridiculous

IMO

You know there is somebody on SOMD that is fat right?

IMO

Exactly! :clap:

:weeoweeowee weeoweeowee weeoweeowee:

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!

IMO
Whew, good thing you threw that in there. I was getting ready to sue you for...................well, I woulda thought of something! :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like turtles

:fixed:

Am I the only person in the world who, when confronted with coffee that's too hot or a booth that's uncomfortable, simply....stops going to the restaurant that's making me unhappy? Why do people feel they have a right to be perfectly happy in every single establishment they enter?

Beta84

They're out to get us
:fixed:

Am I the only person in the world who, when confronted with coffee that's too hot or a booth that's uncomfortable, simply....stops going to the restaurant that's making me unhappy? Why do people feel they have a right to be perfectly happy in every single establishment they enter?

Because it's the American way! We have the right to be stupid! :patriot:

lovinmaryland

IMO

I agree w/ your opinion on the overweight people...but he was commenting about the counter being to low for people in wheel chairs. :smile:

thurley42

HY;FR
You know there is somebody on SOMD that is fat right?

Yeah.....me!

I blew my shoulder out last summer and long story short have had three operations to repair it....I could have continued to eat right and keep my cardio up, but instead I literally said, "Nah...I'm gonna drink beer and eat like crap for awhile..."

My shoulder still isn't 100% but I have put on 40 lbs and am sick of feeling like crap. So now I'm on a strict meal plan and waking up at the buttcrack to get in cardio...and anyone who hasn't eaten right for an extended period of time knows that your body is not happy when you take away all the crap and start giving it what it needs....I'm not enjoying life right now..especially that football season has started again...

My long winded point is that if it's something you can fix yourself, it's your job to fix it. Not the airline/restaraunt/etc etc etc's job to make it more accomodating.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Yeah.....me!

I blew my shoulder out last summer and long story short have had three operations to repair it....I could have continued to eat right and keep my cardio up, but instead I literally said, "Nah...I'm gonna drink beer and eat like crap for awhile..."

My shoulder still isn't 100% but I have put on 40 lbs and am sick of feeling like crap. So now I'm on a strict meal plan and waking up at the buttcrack to get in cardio...and anyone who hasn't eaten right for an extended period of time knows that your body is not happy when you take away all the crap and start giving it what it needs....I'm not enjoying life right now..especially that football season has started again...

My long winded point is that if it's something you can fix yourself, it's your job to fix it. Not the airline/restaraunt/etc etc etc's job to make it more accomodating.
Agree 110% :buddies: