More on MD Drivers Licenses

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In
Believe the final number will be higher since almost a million renewals a year. How long was MD issuing non-complaint licenses? Wife issued one in November 2016, non-complaint with no deadline set on the M VA website, son renewed September 2017 compliant.

Here’s my guess: people whose noncompliant licenses will require renewal before the fed deadline for real Id compliance are in a different situation than those who were issued noncompliant licenses that won’t expire until after the Fed deadline. e

Tech

In

Here’s my guess: people whose noncompliant licenses will require renewal before the fed deadline for real Id compliance are in a different situation than those who were issued noncompliant licenses that won’t expire until after the Fed deadline. e
The wife was issued a real ID License that turned out to be non compliant, yes the are trying to fix that problem. For us that have the old license just won't be able to use them as ID for certain things, provide docs at renewal when it comes up.
The son received a compliant real ID by on-line renewal in 2017, can't remember any doc scans when he got his permit five years before.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My status says that I need to present the documents next time I renew my license, which is in 2021.

I really don't understand this new requirement. I should become an illegal invader; then Maryland won't question me about anything and I'll not only get a hassle-free drivers icense, I'll get free money too.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

What's the big deal. You don't need a license to fly on a plane. Or to even enter a federal building. If you don't have one they still allow you in.

As was stated, if you get stopped by the popo an your license is not compliant, it will be confiscated. Sure, you can use other forms of ID, but it's going to get to be a pain. At some point, your license will expire and you have to get it renewed. At that time you'll have to produce the documents anyway. You're just postponing the inevitable. Just get it done.

transporter

I've gotten my 5th or 6th since I renewed last yr

I just got this today:

Dear Valued Customer,
Due to the federal REAL ID Act, you are now required to present documents to possess a new Maryland Driver’s License or Identification Card. Please click the button below to initiate gathering your documents and schedule an appointment to complete your transaction at your local branch by your REAL ID Enrollment date.

REAL ID Enrollment
June 12, 2019

MVA Online

Failure to present documents to an MDOT MVA branch by the date listed above will result in a cancellation of your Maryland driver’s license or identification card.

If you have any questions regarding REAL ID or would like additional information, please visit our website or call us at 410-768-7000.

5 or 6 notices and you don't bother to pay attention???

Guess that is what happens when you spend 24/7/365 scanning, copying and pasting articles from dailywire, townhall, etc.? (Which is also likely reason why you are an unemployed/underemployed comrade.)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I just got this today:

Dear Valued Customer,
Due to the federal REAL ID Act, you are now required to present documents to possess a new Maryland Driver’s License or Identification Card. Please click the button below to initiate gathering your documents and schedule an appointment to complete your transaction at your local branch by your REAL ID Enrollment date.

REAL ID Enrollment
June 12, 2019
MVA Online

Failure to present documents to an MDOT MVA branch by the date listed above will result in a cancellation of your Maryland driver’s license or identification card.

If you have any questions regarding REAL ID or would like additional information, please visit our website or call us at 410-768-7000.
I have received NONE, and neither has anyone else with a drivers license in our home.

awpitt

Main Streeter
My status says that I need to present the documents next time I renew my license, which is in 2021.

I really don't understand this new requirement.

This is a federal requirement that states must comply with. If you don't plan to fly or visit a federal facility after Oct 2020, there's nothing to worry about. Or, if you plan to fly or visit a federal facility after Oct 2020 and you have a passport, there's nothing to worry about.

awpitt

Main Streeter

I just got this today:

Dear Valued Customer,

REAL ID Enrollment
June 12, 2019

MVA Online

I got the same email on Friday except my deadline is Nov 5th.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I didn't see if they addressed people with the old license, without the star.
Do us suckers have to renew before the current license expires?

TO be on the safe side, I'd make sure everyone is compliant prior to the deadline.

The Boss

And I didn't when I got my Real-ID-starred license last year after renewing online. Also, no letters or e-mails about it, and the ...realidlookup app has said for months my license is non-compliant.

Just another government clusterduck.
nether did I but I checked and I need to go back and get "verified".

awpitt

Main Streeter
Amid confusion, Md. MVA to clarify license recall warning

The warning from Maryland’s Motor Vehicle Administration of a June deadline to provide documents — or risk having a driver’s license recalled and confiscated — came as a shock to many drivers.

What angered some was MVA’s suggestion that drivers were warned repeatedly about the deadline, but had done nothing about it.

Last Thursday, the administration said that more than 66,000 Maryland drivers could have their licenses confiscated if they don’t quickly provide documentation to make them compliant with the federally mandated REAL ID process.

The 66,000 drivers are in possession of the newly designed licenses, which include a REAL ID star near the upper-right corner. But they haven’t brought required documents to MVA for scanning to complete the process.

https://wtop.com/maryland/2019/05/amid-confusion-md-mva-to-clarify-license-recall-warning/

BernieP

Resident PIA
seeing as how I don't have (1) a new license and (2) a star, I'm not one of the 66,000 (i.e. I don't have a Real ID License).
So riddle me this MVA, I've seen some of the requirements, how in hell did you issue a license to people who didn't verify their address, place of birth.
The requirement for your "real" social security card amuses me. That number was at one time only to be used for Social Security.
The "original" card I have (or may not) is not printed on any special paper, doesn't have a water mark or other tamper or forgery resistant technology. Plus there is no picture. So what does it prove? Other than an item with your national ID number that if lost could lead to having your ID stolen.