More on MD Drivers Licenses

luvmygdaughters

I just received an email for it also. Not due until November, but, I made an appointment in Loveville on 06/18/19, just to get it out of the way.

Freefaller

Just thought i would share my experience. I had an appointment yesterday at the Waldorf MVA office. I had all my paperwork with me. I was in and out of the MVA in 6 minutes having completed everything. I was amazed!

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Wife and I have back to back appts the first of June. No point in waiting til the crush. Seems like Maybe the MVA could fire up that silly bus of thiers and service some of the hinterlands.

The Boss

I just did it yesterday and yes it's a pain . You need............

1) current Licence

2) Two social ID's. meaning a passport and SS card ,....they never looked at my Birth certificate .

3) Two things such as a Utility Bill with your current name and address on it . They accepted my bank statement and car registration.

...........My appointment was for 9, I was in line at 8 and that was a good 60 people in front of me at the Waldorf DMV which opens at 8:30 am. Once you find the right line and get a slip with your appointment on it from the desk it took a few mins to be called once at the counter the girl scans your documents gives you a confirmation sheet and your done ,I was in the car and gone by 9:05 am.

Freefaller

I just did it yesterday and yes it's a pain . You need............

1) current Licence

2) Two social ID's. meaning a passport and SS card ,....they never looked at my Birth certificate .

3) Two things such as a Utility Bill with your current name and address on it . They accepted my bank statement and car registration.

...........My appointment was for 9, I was in line at 8 and that was a good 60 people in front of me at the Waldorf DMV which opens at 8:30 am. Once you find the right line and get a slip with your appointment on it from the desk it took a few mins to be called once at the counter the girl scans your documents gives you a confirmation sheet and your done ,I was in the car and gone by 9:05 am.

I guess you got in the wrong line at first. I had gotten a call from the MVA two days prior to my appointed date to tell me NOT to get in the general info line but to look for the REAL ID appointment line, which had 1 person in it when I arrived. I was in and out of the MVA in 6 minutes!

Last edited:

DannyMotorcycle

I don't have a passport.. I guess birth certificate will do?

funny i seem to recall the SS card saying "not to be used as ID"

And what happens if i Lose my license? then what do i bring? (it expires in 2020)

seems to me if you bring BC, SS card, and 2 pieces of financial mail, they'd give you a new license anyway right?
So don't really need my current license? i'm about to go look it up on the mva website about losing your license.

DannyMotorcycle

Hmm I think i want to move to VA. Eff this. if i'm going to go through all this hassle, i might as well do the same thing in VA..
At least then i can buy trip permits online.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I went in last Saturday and the only glitch was my bad - I didn't realize my USAA Proof of Insurance Card doesn't include my home address on it. I guess I never paid attention to it! :lol: The MVA guy was nice enough, and told me that USAA doesn't include the home address, could I provide something else with my address on it - such as my Maryland vehicle registration card. Ooops! So I went outside & got that out of my car & I was good to go. Ohio Birth Certficate, Vehicle Registration, SS card and I think that was it. :yay: I'm official now. :rolleyes:

mitzi

I guess you got in the wrong line at first. I had gotten a call from the MVA two days prior to my appointed date to tell me NOT to get in the general info line but to look for the REAL ID appointment line, which had 1 person in it when I arrived. I was in and out of the MVA in 6 minutes!

I was at MVA (Loveville) last week. One person at the info desk and the line was out the door. Somebody got the word out if you were one that had an appointment, you didn't have to wait in the line. So those people were jumping the line and going straight up to the info desk. This may have worked fine if there were two people at the info desk. Those there to do other things (like me) ended up waiting nearly 40 minutes to get up to the info desk. I noticed when I finally was finished there was no line. They could have put a second person there to move it along, I don't know. I just got the h*ll out of there.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was at MVA (Loveville) last week. One person at the info desk and the line was out the door. Somebody got the word out if you were one that had an appointment, you didn't have to wait in the line. So those people were jumping the line and going straight up to the info desk. This may have worked fine if there were two people at the info desk. Those there to do other things (like me) ended up waiting nearly 40 minutes to get up to the info desk. I noticed when I finally was finished there was no line. They could have put a second person there to move it along, I don't know. I just got the h*ll out of there.
There were three people at the info desk when I went there (Loveville) to renew mine. Two actually handling people in two lines at the counter and one backing those two up helping review documents. Sounds like that's what they need to do all the time...

mitzi

There were three people at the info desk when I went there (Loveville) to renew mine. Two actually handling people in two lines at the counter and one backing those two up helping review documents. Sounds like that's what they need to do all the time...

They sure do need to do that all the time. It was terrible the day I was there, plus their A/C wasn't working. I avoid going there if there's anyway possible, but sometimes you have to.

The Boss

They only have the one line to get into the building at first and then you go left down to the second appointment desk. Yes I got the phone call all so,it didn't help. What they don't tell you is there is one line for appointments and one line for walk ins at the second appointment desk .