More schools test single-sex classrooms

bcp

In My Opinion
vraiblonde said:
School is where children and teenagers learn to socialize. If you remove the opposite gender from the equation, they won't be able to practice dealing with each other for when they're adults.

This is all part of the gay/lesbian agenda isnt it???

they think if you take away all of the opposite sex, the children will be able to get intouch with their homo side better and create a new world order of rump rangers.

bcp

In My Opinion
Homesick said:
School uniforms > Yes.

School segregation > Yes.

I can understand the uniforms

but in my mind I can really find little value for segregation.

can you explain to me why you think that it would be a good thing?
My only reason that would support such a thing is that the class clowns and disruption is usally caused by a boy. other than that, I think that the mixing of ideas from different perspectives is a good thing.

Plus it makes my daughter feel better about herself when she brings home straight "A"s while the little boys dont.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Went to an all girls high school in Philly - didn't appreciate it at the time but it was nice not to have to worry about make-up (who cared?) or clothes (always knew what I was wearing the next day). When I see all the teen angst in the kids I know so much could be avoided with single sex schools. Don't even put them together for lunch or recess - you'd still have the need to strut and preen that goes on. I know that it'll probably never happen around here but it really worked for us. We had girls who shone and went on to successful carreers, familys, etc. and we had our losers too. Sometimes you can give someone all the best and they blow it - that's human nature.

Okay... I asked my 13 yr old son if he thought he would be able to concentrate better and therefore learn more if he was in an all boy classroom... his reply, "Get real, Mom! You know what a room full of guys would be like if they don't think they gotta act right cause girls are watching...:duh:"