Most Government Workers Could Be Replaced By Robots, New Study Finds

This_person

I think they will only be able to have certain roads where this works, something like an Eisenhower designated highway. When you look at the variability of the roads even in perfect weather they vary greatly, not to mention construction zones.

That's really a huge part of my point - in other words, a train without "tracks", but not really useful for the masses most of the time.

This_person

Funny how people who voted for Trump to bring jobs to America now want millions of people to be out of work.

The idea there being that if people don't work for the exact organization in the exact way they want, then they will just be out of work permanently? It's a binary system of "work for X, or don't work"?

Clem72

That's really a huge part of my point - in other words, a train without "tracks", but not really useful for the masses most of the time.

I probably won't live long enough to see it be legal, but I would LOVE to be able to drive to the HWY then say "Okay Toyota, drive me to Hilton Head South Carolina", then lean my seat back and go to sleep. Then the car can wake me when we get near where I would need to take over again.

And of course the best benefit in todays head-in-the-cellphone society would just be a flawless adaptive cruise control and auto-braking/maneuvering.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I probably won't live long enough to see it be legal, but I would LOVE to be able to drive to the HWY then say "Okay Toyota, drive me to Hilton Head South Carolina", then lean my seat back and go to sleep. Then the car can wake me when we get near where I would need to take over again.

And of course the best benefit in todays head-in-the-cellphone society would just be a flawless adaptive cruise control and auto-braking/maneuvering.

It's already here, or nearly so. I think BMW has a model that allows you to relax in traffic and let AI handle the stop and go. I can't believe we're more than 10 years from just what you'd like and I would believe a lot closer to it.

Wishbone

It's already here, or nearly so. I think BMW has a model that allows you to relax in traffic and let AI handle the stop and go. I can't believe we're more than 10 years from just what you'd like and I would believe a lot closer to it.

Great... My ride will be DOA every "patch tuesday"