Movin on Up (Caps)

OldHillcrestGuy

Quietly the Caps are moving up in the standings only 4points away from tying for the top spot, a win tonight its only 2 points out in the Eastern Conference lead. :yahoo:

Picked up 8 points on the slumping Flyers, in the past 4 games.

craptastic

Quietly the Caps are moving up in the standings only 4points away from tying for the top spot, a win tonight its only 2 points out in the Eastern Conference lead. :yahoo:

Picked up 8 points on the slumping Flyers, in the past 4 games.

I'm thrilled!! Tonight's game will be a big test though; hopefully they can squeeze out a win :buddies:

OldHillcrestGuy

Another tight hockey game, only 2 points out of first in the East. Way to go Caps :yahoo::dye:

Hopefully this trend of winning will continue the rest of this week when they come back home to play the very bad Edmonston Oilers and Carolina.

BuddyLee

Football addict
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Good cardiac win...again!

I kept telling you guys everything would sort itself out and not to panic.

OldHillcrestGuy

I just hope Backstroms injury is nothing serious, maybe it was his broken thumb acting up.

Im thinking that maybe Holtby is moving into that #2 slot as a Cap goalie, Varlamov seems to be quite injury prone.

Holtby played one heck of a game last night coming in for Neuvirth. Its nice to have 3 very young goaltenders, unfortunately they cant keep them all.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Egads...I'm too old for this...

Holtby!!! :clap: Hope Neuvi is okay..he took a good boing on the head.

craptastic

I just hope Backstroms injury is nothing serious, maybe it was his broken thumb acting up.

Im thinking that maybe Holtby is moving into that #2 slot as a Cap goalie, Varlamov seems to be quite injury prone.

Holtby played one heck of a game last night coming in for Neuvirth. Its nice to have 3 very young goaltenders, unfortunately they cant keep them all.

I LOVE me some Holtby :dance: So fun to watch and by far the most talent I have seen in a 21 year old goalie in a long time! I'd be super sad to see Varly go but I really can't wait to see Holtby fulltime in the NHL.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I LOVE me some Holtby :dance: So fun to watch and by far the most talent I have seen in a 21 year old goalie in a long time! I'd be super sad to see Varly go but I really can't wait to see Holtby fulltime in the NHL.

:yeahthat: :dance: :dance: :dance: <= Holtby Shuffle

I love how he robbed Vinnie in the shootout and his post-game interview was so composed and mature for a 21 YO. The guy is a Beast!

OldHillcrestGuy

What a great game tonight, way to go Holtby shutout hockey no goals in the last 5 periods for him, Caps are playing great just in time for the playoffs. :yahoo:

Those aquistions that the Caps got at the trade deadline have got to be one of the best things that has happened to them.

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
What a great game tonight, way to go Holtby shutout hockey no goals in the last 5 periods for him, Caps are playing great just in time for the playoffs. :yahoo:

Those aquistions that the Caps got at the trade deadline have got to be one of the best things that has happened to them.

Ott and I were at the game!! Had great seats..6 rows off the ice. They start out so damn slow...but they really picked it up. :yahoo:

I got some good pics and a ton of Holtby. :hot:

OldHillcrestGuy

You both picked a good game to go to. Caps are becoming a really dangerous team to play, everything is coming together now at just the right time. I think the pickup of Arnott, Wideman and Sturm may just be the final pieces of the puzzle for them, and with the triplets in goal (thats what Alan May now calls the 3 goalies) its going to be exciting coming down the stretch watching them play.
Varly's days might just be numbered, to many injuries and too long to heal.

Otter

Nothing to see here
You both picked a good game to go to. Caps are becoming a really dangerous team to play, everything is coming together now at just the right time. I think the pickup of Arnott, Wideman and Sturm may just be the final pieces of the puzzle for them, and with the triplets in goal (thats what Alan May now calls the 3 goalies) its going to be exciting coming down the stretch watching them play.
Varly's days might just be numbered, to many injuries and too long to heal.

Wideman and Sturm were both impressive, lot of energy. Arnott is as expected, very good. Knuble is rapidly becoming my favorite to watch. Not to take away from Holtby, but that was probably one of the easiest shutouts he ever had, Edmonton didn't really show up.

OldHillcrestGuy

All 3 of the new guys got a point last night. One of the players who's been on fire lately is Semin. They said last night that Boudreau wants Arnott on the 2nd line to kind of mentor Semin and help him.
I was listening to ESPN Sports radio and they have those segments with Alan May on there, he does a really good job of being a sports anaylst. They asked him about the turn around on the Caps play lately. He talked about how Arnott immediately came to the team and how he had a players get together and he told the team exactly what had to be done if they wanted to advance far in the playoffs. They must have listened I dont think they have lost since he has been here. Also how Wideman is helping Mike Green with his play,(once he gets back) telling him what the Panthers strategy was against him when they played each other. Cant wait to see Green and Wideman play together on the point on powerplays. :dye: