Moving to Maryland

Novus Collectus

Hi everyone..It's my first post. I'm currently in GA moving to MD this summer. Anyone here live in the Pax River area? Any tips or advise? Look foward to chatting with everyone :patriot:

Welcome.

If you are a gun owner, buy as many in GA before you move to MD and buy magazines that hold more than 20 rounds because buying a gun here can be expensive and you have to go through a bit of rigamarole to buy most handguns and some semi auto rifles. And you can't buy 20+ round magazines here, but you can own them.

Novus Collectus

Look up a guy by the name of James P. Cusick SR when you get here.
He is a local artist that specializes in giving area tours while teaching you the politics of the state and region.

He can often be found at the correctional facility speaking about God, Parental responsibility and political science.

had to edit because I got Mr Cusacks name wrong. twice
I heard he is a prolific painter too.

onebdzee

off the shelf
I'm going to Challenger Estates. From what they told me it is still being built and I will get a new house.

I believe that is behind Target....which will put you in the Town Creek Elementary/Esperanza Middle/Great Mills High school district....unless they actually redistrict it like they said they were going to at the end of the school year

Welcome to the forums and St Marys

Jamiemar21

Hey there... We live in Challenger Estates... Its in the Wildewood community. You will love it. Its very nice. If you have any questions, let me know...
~Jamie

DallasRed

Hey there... We live in Challenger Estates... Its in the Wildewood community. You will love it. Its very nice. If you have any questions, let me know...
~Jamie

Is it correct that the school district will be

Evergreen
Esperaza
and
Leonardtown for next year?

And do you know the dimensions on the rooms in your house? I called Housing but they didn't know..

Would you mind sending me a PIC of your kitchen..Or describing it to me...

And how big are the lots of each house 1/4 acre 1/3..etc

I wanna come up there on Winter Break and ck the area out but I don't want to get caught in a snow storm LOL

Thanks for the help

OH one last question.. Do you go to a civilian DR or do you have to go to Tricare clinics like in VA Beach?

Once again Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Hi everyone..It's my first post. I'm currently in GA moving to MD this summer. Anyone here live in the Pax River area? Any tips or advise? Look foward to chatting with everyone :patriot:

Bring your wallet. The State of Maryland wants your money.

Jamiemar21

Is it correct that the school district will be

Evergreen
Esperaza
and
Leonardtown for next year?

And do you know the dimensions on the rooms in your house? I called Housing but they didn't know..

Would you mind sending me a PIC of your kitchen..Or describing it to me...

And how big are the lots of each house 1/4 acre 1/3..etc

I wanna come up there on Winter Break and ck the area out but I don't want to get caught in a snow storm LOL

Thanks for the help

OH one last question.. Do you go to a civilian DR or do you have to go to Tricare clinics like in VA Beach?

Once again Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

:howdy:

Hey... The houses are beautiful. The layouts are all different depending on what kind of house you get. Their are singles, duplex, and triplexes. All of which are huge. You would get a four bedroom if you have three kids... you will have a seperate dining room, huge kitchen, living room... the master bathroom is huge... dual sinks, and so on... oh and also a seperate two car garage... The lots are small, but the have playgrounds for the kiddos. This is the first time we haved lived on base housing, and we love it. As far as school systems, i am not sure... my babies are too little so we havent reached that point yet.
Their is a clinic on base... its small, but nice...
You will like it here... if you don't mind driving. I love it! We came from Jacksonville... I hated it there, so this is a nice change. Heres a website that might help a bit... Lincoln Military Housing | Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Air Force

K

ketelone

:howdy:

Hey... The houses are beautiful. The layouts are all different depending on what kind of house you get. Their are singles, duplex, and triplexes. All of which are huge. You would get a four bedroom if you have three kids... you will have a seperate dining room, huge kitchen, living room... the master bathroom is huge... dual sinks, and so on... oh and also a seperate two car garage... The lots are small, but the have playgrounds for the kiddos. This is the first time we haved lived on base housing, and we love it. As far as school systems, i am not sure... my babies are too little so we havent reached that point yet.
Their is a clinic on base... its small, but nice...
You will like it here... if you don't mind driving. I love it! We came from Jacksonville... I hated it there, so this is a nice change. Heres a website that might help a bit... Lincoln Military Housing | Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Air Force

WHAT?!?! Why did you hate Jacksonville? I love it! I can't wait to go back!