Music meant to make you cry...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Seriously...

this one always gets me. Love the song, there's such a beautiful haunting quality to her voice, and that she was taken from us way too soon. RIP Eva.

PsyOps

Pixelated
this one always gets me. Love the song, there's such a beautiful haunting quality to her voice, and that she was taken from us way too soon. RIP Eva.

Good find Jazz. Knowing who she was and what she went through really moves me when I hear this song.

Last edited:

BOP

More IZ:

RIP IZ. This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

Last edited:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Just discovered this one on Youtube after looking for it many times. I love to sing this one, but admittedly it gets me a little choked up when I try. :ohwell:

A day of uncertain weather
Captured in a frame forever
A face in a faded photograph

He must have had a life
Maybe with a family
People who meant everything to him

A sinner, a saint, a soldier
Caught up in a war he never
Had a chance to start or build a life

All gone long ago
Leaving no trace
Disappearing like smoke in the wind
To become just a face without a name
Leaving no trace

Hopes and fears important plans
Forgotten memories
Footsteps fading in the sand, ooh
Schemes and dreams small and grand
Nothing left to see
Footsteps fading in the sand, ooh

Someone who cast a shadow
Maybe just a lazy man
Doesn't make much difference now it's true

A day of uncertain weather
Captured in a frame forever
A face in a faded photograph

All gone long ago
Leaving no trace
To become just a face without a name
One more to add to the total
Of those never heard of again

Yes he's gone
Just a face without a name
Leaving no trace
All gone
Just a face without a name
Leaving no trace
Disappearing like smoke in the wind...

Rael

Supper's Ready
Here's one, but you have to listen from the beginning through until at least 1:40 to 1:45 (as the flute solo and strings start to blend in with the piano). This is Roger Hodgson (formerly from Supertramp) and his classic Fool's Overture (which he supposedly always intended to be performed with an orchestra).

Maybe not as much "cry', but definitely a musical 'hair standing on the back of the neck' musical piece (for me). :yay: :yay:

Enjoy.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Here's one, but you have to listen from the beginning through until at least 1:40 to 1:45 (as the flute solo and strings start to blend in with the piano). This is Roger Hodgson (formerly from Supertramp) and his classic Fool's Overture (which he supposedly always intended to be performed with an orchestra).

Maybe not as much "cry', but definitely a musical 'hair standing on the back of the neck' musical piece (for me). :yay: :yay:

Enjoy.

Very nice! :yay: I have quite the soft spot for flautists, being one myself. :lol:

In the same vein of 'making your hair stand up' was this piece I saw the GRP All-Stars perform in the 90's. It doesn't get any better with Dave Valentin on flute, Lee Ritenour on guitar, Gary Novak on drums, Abraham Laboriel on bass, Ernie Watts on tenor sax, and on keyboards BOTH Dave Benoit and Don Grusin. :notworthy