Muslims barred from picture at Obama event

Xaquin44

Thanks to Larry for snagging this news article. So much for NObama uniting America in your message of Change dipsh!t!!!

Two Muslim women at Barack Obama's rally in Detroit on Monday were barred from sitting behind the podium by campaign volunteers seeking to prevent the women's headscarves from appearing in photographs or on television with the candidate.

POSSIBLY THE SAME VOLUNTEERS THAT PLACE THE EVENT PORTABLE TOILETS!

I suspect they are actually republican subverts sent by Dick Cheny to jsdajlkshnvmcx nz.m, n daspoij lapel pin asndljganhx,mn fiapowje9203uijksma
sdfkls;'dj
sl;kdf

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Thanks to Larry for snagging this news article. So much for NObama uniting America in your message of Change dipsh!t!!!

Two Muslim women at Barack Obama's rally in Detroit on Monday were barred from sitting behind the podium by campaign volunteers seeking to prevent the women's headscarves from appearing in photographs or on television with the candidate.

Muslims barred from picture at Obama event - Ben Smith - Politico.com
:killingme The towel heads are crackin me up!!

Xaquin44

you guys make me laugh.

You've blamed the 'towel heads' and obama .... otherwise known as 'the people not responsible'.

edit" admittedly though, it does seem kind of a boneheaded move on the part of a couple of his volunteers.

Though if you fault a politician for every single doing of his support staff, then every single politician would be in some kind of trouble.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
you guys make me laugh.

You've blamed the 'towel heads' and obama .... otherwise known as 'the people not responsible'.

edit" admittedly though, it does seem kind of a boneheaded move on the part of a couple of his volunteers.

Though if you fault a politician for every single doing of his support staff, then every single politician would be in some kind of trouble.
Who blamed who for what?

Xaquin44

Who blamed who for what?

pardon me.

I saw the 'towel heads' 'crackin you up' and thought maybe you were blaming their being turned away for them even wanting to be in the picture.

I'm not sure what was funny to you so I took a stab at it. If I was wrong, sorry.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
you guys make me laugh.

The rules and polices are set by senior members of NObama staff who work directly for him on how he wants himself portrayed to the American public during his smoke and mirrors campaign. It's funny how every time something is said or done by NObama that is negative but proven TRUE, you have some loon jump in to say how he cannot be responsible. If we can't hold him accountable now for his actions, should we wait till he's making the big decisions in the White House. You NObama supporters are pathetic...:coffee:

SamSpade

I was more amused by the comments beneath that blamed the whole incident on small-minded rednecks, righties, uneducated .. you know how it goes.

And it's wrong and stupid for two very clear reasons - one is, you don't react to some imagined reaction that hasn't happened yet and at the same time paint someone as a racist for something they haven't even done - because (in a classic act of stereotyping, something the party of tolerance doesn't DO) they're *gonna* do it.

But the other is even stronger. If you believe in something, you need to have the balls to stand on it, even if it does bring criticism your way. Fact is, if Obama has any courage to stand on what he believes, he should be willing to stand openly next to someone with a hijab. If someone's gonna lambaste you for standing next to a gay man, a black man, a Muslim or whatever - you don't hide from it, you confront it. That's called character. Hiding from it - well it's called cowardice and a lack of character, no matter what kind of insults you're hoping to avoid.

I can only hope that it wasn't Obama's idea.

Xaquin44

The rules and polices are set by senior members of NObama staff who work directly for him on how he wants himself portrayed to the American public during his smoke and mirrors campaign. It's funny how every time something is said or done by NObama that is negative but proven TRUE, you have some loon jump in to say how he cannot be responsible. If we can't hold him accountable now for his actions, should we wait till he's making the big decisions in the White House. You NObama supporters are pathetic...:coffee:

I've said this many times, perhaps this time it will sink in (but probably not). I don't support either candidate.

Where has it been proven true that obama ordered this?

Did he know ahead of time that these two would show up and his staff were to show them the door (so to speak)?

I'd think that memo would have been leaked somehow ....

Also, as I've said, every politican has staff that screw up. This will not be the last time we hear of a politicans staff doing something the actual politician would rather them not do.

To think that this was something that should be attributed directly to obama is silly. It's like blaming a band when event security pushes back a crowd.

These were the actions of volunteers, not paid staff and certainly not by the man himself.

You are stretching FAR to make this look bad and omitting facts while embelishing others along the way.

poor form sir.

Qurious

Im On 1.
u guys have to make up your mind what you want the man to do...lol

i mean seriously...

had he had them in the photo all of you would've been screaming TERRORIST lol as a matter of fact most of you already are...

this was a smart move to not have them in the photo...he's trying to win the American vote, even if he does have to pacify some of you by making decisions like these.

SamSpade

u guys have to make up your mind what you want the man to do...lol

i mean seriously...

had he had them in the photo all of you would've been screaming TERRORIST lol as a matter of fact most of you already are...

this was a smart move to not have them in the photo...he's trying to win the American vote, even if he does have to pacify some of you by making decisions like these.

Believe it or not, "we" are all different people. "We" do not make up "our" minds as a unit.

I would respect a man who says to hell with what the critics say, I'm standing next to a Muslim. Of course, such a man would have cojones, meaning, he'd be Republican.

I don't respect a man who says "you know what, having you, my Muslim friend, might cost me votes, because people will think you're my friend. Stand over there so we don't offend people". Such weasel behavior doesn't win my vote or respect. And very Democratic. You know, the party of can't be offended.

Qurious

Im On 1.
Believe it or not, "we" are all different people. "We" do not make up "our" minds as a unit.

I would respect a man who says to hell with what the critics say, I'm standing next to a Muslim. Of course, such a man would have cojones, meaning, he'd be Republican.

I don't respect a man who says "you know what, having you, my Muslim friend, might cost me votes, because people will think you're my friend. Stand over there so we don't offend people". Such weasel behavior doesn't win my vote or respect. And very Democratic. You know, the party of can't be offended.

i agree with this. He's been running his campaign like this all along....but what he says and does still gets over analyzed to bits like the fist pump for example. I dont agree with his camp doing this but I totally understand it. And if u think this is going to stop that muslim vote, you're very naive.

Xaquin44

good thing obama hasn't said that ....

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I've said this many times, perhaps this time it will sink in (but probably not). I don't support either candidate.

Where has it been proven true that obama ordered this?

Did he know ahead of time that these two would show up and his staff were to show them the door (so to speak)?

I'd think that memo would have been leaked somehow ....

Also, as I've said, every politican has staff that screw up. This will not be the last time we hear of a politicans staff doing something the actual politician would rather them not do.

To think that this was something that should be attributed directly to obama is silly. It's like blaming a band when event security pushes back a crowd.

These were the actions of volunteers, not paid staff and certainly not by the man himself.

You are stretching FAR to make this look bad and omitting facts while embelishing others along the way.

poor form sir.

Who said NObama ordered this, he has other people to do his dirty work like in every other case of these so called MISUNDERSTANDING's or MISCOMMUNICATION's he can give the image that nothing is his fault. Oh please...:buttkick:

Xaquin44

Who said NObama ordered this, he has other people to do his dirty work like in every other case of these so called MISUNDERSTANDING's or MISCOMMUNICATION's he can give the image that nothing is his fault. Oh please...:buttkick:

ok .... so your proof is where exactly?