MWF seeking F for Friendship

I forget :confused: are frozen waffles acceptable? I love my Eggos!
While still in our first year of marriage, hubby got home from work first and decided to suprise me with dinner. The downside was he had to work with what was in the house and we were in dire need of a trip to the grocery store. I came home to the table set and on my dinner plate was hotdogs and toaster waffles. He said, "It's pigs in a quilt!" I didn't know whether to laugh or fro up when I noticed had had put out both syrup AND ketchup not knowing which I'd prefer on my pigs in a quilt...:doh:

belvak

Happy Camper
While still in our first year of marriage, hubby got home from work first and decided to suprise me with dinner. The downside was he had to work with what was in the house and we were in dire need of a trip to the grocery store. I came home to the table set and on my dinner plate was hotdogs and toaster waffles. He said, "It's pigs in a quilt!" I didn't know whether to laugh or fro up when I noticed had had put out both syrup AND ketchup not knowing which I'd prefer on my pigs in a quilt...:doh:

:killingme :roflmao: :killingme

Pete

Repete

:killingme

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member

What a great story. :lmao: I would have skipped the ketchup though. :jet:

You should keep a box in the freezer. :really:

Toxick

Splat
I don't. I jump right in. And if you are new to the area, and find this forum you find that on most search engines it states it is a community forum to discuss life in southern Maryland "Whether you're relocating or a native, discuss general topics about living in Southern Maryland. What's happening locally" and then this particular section shows up as "This is a forum for members who are planning events and get-togethers. Make plans and post your meeting information here." Both of which makes us sound like a quite friendly group of Southern Marylanders. :smile: I remember when I joined way back when, I thought I had finally found a place to meet some nice people in the area. Disillusion people later, after they've become sucked in. that's my motto. :wink:

I know you're most likely not talking about me here, as my first post in this thread was not mean. It could probably be construed as "creepy as all ####", but not mean or unfriendly. Maybe it was too friendly.

Just for the record, I almost never scare noobs away, and I try not to derail their threads - although I did today. And I agree that all too often noobs are disenfranchised right off the get-go and this is not a good thing. Especially when people just want to come online and meet some nice people in their general area.

If I have done so here, it's totally not what I was trying to do. I was going for a cheap laugh, but I don't think I was mean or harsh in any way. If it came off that way, I need to seriously rethink my posting style.

That's all I wanted to say.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

So which did you prefer? :popcorn:

I know you're most likely not talking about me here, as my first post in this thread was not mean. It could probably be construed as "creepy as all ####", but not mean or unfriendly. Maybe it was too friendly.

Just for the record, I almost never scare noobs away, and I try not to derail their threads - although I did today. And I agree that all too often noobs are disenfranchised right off the get-go and this is not a good thing. Especially when people just want to come online and meet some nice people in their general area.

If I have done so here, it's totally not what I was trying to do. I was going for a cheap laugh, but I don't think I was mean or harsh in any way. If it came off that way, I need to seriously rethink my posting style.

What would Moxick say?

Pete

Repete

Ban yourself

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

I went with the cheap laugh. :huggy: I know there's a sweet sensitive talented Toxick in there who loves some warped humor. This is why :love: And no I wasn't talking about you specifically and your posts in this tread, I was typing in "general terms". I always find it a shame when newbies get run off.

Moxick

What would Moxick say?

Sez I: He puts on a good face and tries to convince everyone that he's some nice guy, but don't fall for it. He is one of the most cantankerous nasty bastards that you're ever going to meet outside of a Cantankerous Nasty Bastard Convention. If I had my way, he wouldn't just be banned from the forums, he'd be banned from life - execution style.

In my most humble opinion, the best thing to do is ignore the son of a #####, and wait patiently for the day he's removed from the gene-pool, and we can celebrate by drinking margaritas and co-colas over his freshly dug grave.

Sez I: He puts on a good face and tries to convince everyone that he's some nice guy, but don't fall for it. He is one of the most cantankerous nasty bastards that you're ever going to meet outside of a Cantankerous Nasty Bastard Convention. If I had my way, he wouldn't just be banned from the forums, he'd be banned from life - execution style.

In my most humble opinion, the best thing to do is ignore the son of a #####, and wait patiently for the day he's removed from the gene-pool, and we can celebrate by drinking margaritas and co-colas over his freshly dug grave.

Watch what you ask for, people... watch what you ask for...:faint:

Ponytail

Why? You know not every forum out there jumps right in with an attack or inside joke. Some places welcome people and make them feel right at home. Amazingly enough, it doesn't hurt at all to be nice to a newbie. :shrug:

LOL...I still remember how I was welcomed to the "party". :lol: