My favorite thing

BOP

I am sorry that I read the original post here and even worse that I continued to read the entire post! I am terrified of spiders and have never seen one that bursts into babies. I hope I never do...but since this is only the beginning of my second year in Southern MD I will now be even more scared to kill a spider. I have noticed that they are HUGE here!! Not to mention, plentiful.

@mutantninjaspiders

PrepH4U

I remember the first time I saw that, it was like a nightmare. I'm not particularly phobic about spiders - will smash them with my bare hand if need be - but to see the spider explode into a zillion little tiny spiders freaked me out.

Read this article for the rest of the story! It has pictures....:jameo:

Doctors remove spider hiding in woman

Doctors remove spider hiding in woman’s ear canal

A woman who went to China's Changsha Central Hospital complaining of itching in the left side of her head was told by doctors that the source of irritation was a spider that had been living inside her ear canal for five days.

Doctors reportedly used a saline solution to flush out the spider in order to avoid having the spider burrow deeper inside the canal or bite her.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

A woman who went to China's Changsha Central Hospital complaining of itching in the left side of her head was told by doctors that the source of irritation was a spider that had been living inside her ear canal for five days.

Doctors reportedly used a saline solution to flush out the spider in order to avoid having the spider burrow deeper inside the canal or bite her.

I only read the first line. :cds::cds::cds::cds::cds::cds:

:jameo: THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO WASH YOUR SHEETS EVERY 4 DAYS!!! :cds:

I am changing to every 2 days now.

ontheriver

:faint:

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...
:jameo: THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO WASH YOUR SHEETS EVERY 4 DAYS!!! :cds:

I am changing to every 2 days now.

Just think, there is probably 2-3 spiders within 5' of you right now... watching your every move... waiting to attack..... just bidin' their time... tick... tock... tick.... tock...

:evil:

SamSpade

I'm of two opinions around spiders.

If they're in the yard or around the house - and they aren't black widows - I leave them alone. They eat pests. One year back when I lived in Lusby I killed every spider within twenty feet of my home, and I was fighting pests for months.

If they are IN my home, all bets are off. They might eat pests indoors too, but sooner or later they're going to bite ME. Or my kids. Probably a few times. And then they'll lay eggs.

The one place outdoors that matters is my front porch, and I have a truce with them - don't try to build a web intended to catch ME, and you will live. When I open the front door and you've built a web right across the threshold, you die. Or if you're dangling with all legs straight out and lowering onto my head. Then you die. Or if you're sneaky, and build a web down the sidewalk, so I will walk into you. Then you die. Keep your damned web near my porch light, eat your moths and flies, and we'll be fine. Get greedy and I kill you and all your friends.