My Girl

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Taking my girl in for an assessment tomorrow. She's a St Bernard/Great Pyrenees mix, just over 11 yrs old.

She's been on pain meds 6 months, they really help make her movement easier, but they will never fix the aches and pains (just like us).

The last couple weeks she's been falling outside alot, and her breathing is really labored. Not eating much, getting skinny.

I don't want to let her go, but I'm aftaid I'm going to have to.

Auntie Biache'

Taking my girl in for an assessment tomorrow. She's a St Bernard/Great Pyrenees mix, just over 11 yrs old.

She's been on pain meds 6 months, they really help make her movement easier, but they will never fix the aches and pains (just like us).

The last couple weeks she's been falling outside alot, and her breathing is really labored. Not eating much, getting skinny.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you get some good news.

frequentflier

happy to be living

I'm sorry, my-thyme. It is not an easy decision to make. She will always live on in your heart.

luvmygdaughters

So Sorry, hoping all goes well for your big girl. The only time they break our hearts, is when its time to say good bye.

The decision of "when is it time" is so very heart wrenching. If she is indeed suffering, may you find peace in knowing you can help her go peacefully and be with her as she goes to her forever sleep. I have had to help mine transition and believe it was the most crucial part of being their caretaker I ever had to do.

Auntie Biache'

The decision of "when is it time" is so very heart wrenching. If she is indeed suffering, may you find peace in knowing you can help her go peacefully and be with her as she goes to her forever sleep. I have had to help mine transition and believe it was the most crucial part of being their caretaker I ever had to do.

This. Please don't make the same mistake I made with one of my cats. He was so sick, and I had such a hard time letting go, that he suffered longer than he should have.

my-thyme

Patron
So, I had myself together, was prepared for whatever.

The car battery was dead. THE GD CAR WOULDNT START!!!!

No one around to help, apparently I put the jumper pack on backwards and blew a bunch of hard-to-get fuses. Son has ordered the parts.

Well, my girl got a 2 week reprieve. Have a new appt for next week.

:banghead:😭

frequentflier

happy to be living

No one around to help, apparently I put the jumper pack on backwards and blew a bunch of hard-to-get fuses. Son has ordered the parts.

:huggy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

We all know the feeling, and if anyone has been a pet owner, has been there, done that..

The cruelty that a dog's lifespan is a small portion of our own.

WingsOfGold

Bummer, I feel for you. Dogs are better people than people are. I once put my best friend down, I only hope that she forgives me. You do what you have to do from a practicle POV, I don't envy you.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I watched my son when he put his black lab down at home - I thought I was literally watching his heart break in front of my eyes. I feel for you and I wish you courage.

How did your son put his dog down at home? Just wondering. We had a lab, too, that was dying, but we had a mobile vet come to our house who helped her cross the rainbow bridge. I was feeding Oreo her fave food when she died with her head in my lap. Please explain what your son did. Thanks.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA

:huggy: in advance.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Had a mobile vet come out to the house, put her to sleep, and took her body away for cremation.

I didn’t understand your post when you said ‘watched my son put his lab down at home’. It sounded like he did it, and not a vet. Thanks for the explanation. You have, probably seen my posts referring to mobile vet help with dying pets. It is never easy; no matter how we approach it.

my-thyme

Patron
Goodbye, Miya, you were the best dog ever.