My happy ponies

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I always find my ponies out in the feild stretched out.

This photo cracks me up cause the TB is the only one standing.

The rockies and appys are all stretched out.

Attachments

• FUNNY PONIES.jpg
    FUNNY PONIES.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Sorry

They look like there dead
are horses supposed to lay down like that?

No I don't own any... LOL

Colliegal

Beautiful Horses! BUT, I'm really lusting over your grass! We're still establishing a field we cleared two years ago.

WesternRider

Usually one horse will "stand guard" like that while the others are napping. They take turns keeping watch. It's a natural (instinctive) behavior.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Usually one horse will "stand guard" like that while the others are napping. They take turns keeping watch. It's a natural (instinctive) behavior.

not really replying to you but apparently the quick reply button is broke. My daughter on a friends Paint. Her first time on something other than a pony at the fair. Now I guess i need to give up my asphalt horse and get back to the farm and ride????

Attachments

• sophia1.jpg
    sophia1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 166

poster

I always find my ponies out in the feild stretched out.

This photo cracks me up cause the TB is the only one standing.

The rockies and appys are all stretched out.

:killingme Do you live in Calvert!
My husband called me a week or so ago in a half panic wondering if it's normal for horses to be laying down in a field. I told him, wouldn't you like to just lay in the grass with sun shinning on you for a little while?

CountryLady

luvmyponies
:killingme Do you live in Calvert!
My husband called me a week or so ago in a half panic wondering if it's normal for horses to be laying down in a field. I told him, wouldn't you like to just lay in the grass with sun shinning on you for a little while?

No, st mary's. Mine are off the beaten path which is how I like it.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Beautiful Horses! BUT, I'm really lusting over your grass! We're still establishing a field we cleared two years ago.

we do have some bare spots, which we will be over seeding this fall. But I am very particular about Pasture management and nutrient management.

There is a lot to learn to keep healthy pastures. Trust me I am still learning.

In MD we are really lucky to have such an active Extension office ~~ extension.umd.edu/ - and of course the MD Horse Industry Board ~~ Maryland Horse Industry.

We just finished installing the permanent High Tensile fencing. The electric fencing shown was just temporary. The pastures are much bigger now.

Tazgirl

We just finished installing the permanent High Tensile fencing. The electric fencing shown was just temporary. The pastures are much bigger now.[/QUOTE]

How do you like the tensile fencing? We have been wanting to upgrade from the eletric fencing but just haven't started researching what to upgrade too.

mingiz

Horse Poor
We just finished installing the permanent High Tensile fencing. The electric fencing shown was just temporary. The pastures are much bigger now.

How do you like the tensile fencing? We have been wanting to upgrade from the eletric fencing but just haven't started researching what to upgrade too.[/QUOTE]

The high tensil is good fencing if you get a good quality wire. Other wise you'll be fixing it when the deer clip it as they jump over it...BeenSpurd has used it for years she may give ya some pointers on it.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
having high tensile would scare me to death. I have 3 horses here that have permanent scars from being hung up or ran thru the wire when they were all younger.

Does that worry anyone here with the tensile fencing?

fredsaid2

having high tensile would scare me to death. I have 3 horses here that have permanent scars from being hung up or ran thru the wire when they were all younger.

Does that worry anyone here with the tensile fencing?

Very much so. It's not a fencing option for me. If they're absolutely going through it - it needs to break. I like wood w/ electric and I'm giving electric tape a go for a paddock.