My happy ponies

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Love the high tensile. I use the horsecote (12.5 gage wire) "NON- Electric" from kencove fence company. Electric Fence, High Tensile Fencing Supplies, Gates, Grazing, Cattle, Horse, Goat, Deer, Poultry, Garden It is the best I have found with a 30yr warranty on the black stuff. White wire has a 20yr warranty due to the UV breaks down the white much quicker. I also got the wire that was molecularly bonded which adds to the life of the wire.

Horsecote Wire 12.5 Gauge

I could still run a few strands of electric if I wanted.

I use 4 strands of wire. with the bottom wire being 18 inches from the ground and the rest being 12 inches apart. I use it to house young foals as well as adult horses with no issues. If they run into it they bounce right off. Each wire can handle about 250 pounds of pressure from a running horse.
All of my horses are less than 1000lbs. My 4yr old appy ran into it full force. no injury to him or fence. He just got what amounted to slightly less than a rug burn on his side from the wire. His hair grew back in a few months. He hasn't done it since.

The one thing that I do love about it (added bonus) that it is not always easy to do with other types of fencing. If you have an emergency, and you need to get into or out of the feild quickly, you can just slip through the wires. saves time from having to go all the way down to a gate to enter or exit. The wires are mounted on heavy duty tension springs, so they give a little to help absorb impact.

We Absolutely LOVE it.
LESS TIME FIXING FENCES......MORE TIME RIDING PONIES!!!

We also will be installing ritchie automatic waterers for this same reason. :starcat:

Last edited:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I Love My Electro Braid Fencing, So Far In 3 Years No Problems.

What about when snow builds up? or High winds?

What gauge is the type that you use?

What type of and How far apart are your posts?

I found that the electrobraid still needs replacing after a while due to UV breakdown, corrosion, etc....

With the type of high tensile fencing We insatalled, you can have the line posts as much as 30-40 feet apart, while the end/gate/corner posts and brace posts are at 8 feet apart. This saves you that added expense of more posts and back breaking labor installing them. I didn't feel comfortable installing my posts quite that far, so I went with 19' 6'' from post to post. After it had been in stalled and we have used the first feild since November, It would have been fine going 30' with no issues.

ALSO we used the CCA posts 4-6inches diam, 8 feet long for the line posts. and the 5-7 inch (I think) 10 feet long for all corner/gate/brace posts.

IntegritysDream

Its okay for a horse to lay down flat, they are just napping, if theyve been down for a while, or we see one down in the feild, we just whisle or talk to it to make sure he responds. You can usually tell if something is wrong like if they are colicing cause they will be all sweaty or breathing heavy or unconsistant or tossing/trashing. But its normal for a horse to just lay out in the sun for a while :)

CountryLady

luvmyponies
thanks, I love my ponies!!!!

Here are a few more photos of the new Baby taking a nap!

Attachments

• 100_1842.JPG
    100_1842.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 100_1841.JPG
    100_1841.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
How's your cute little baby doing? I would like to see more pix of him, do you have any face pix?

Here is one of momma and filly 10days old. She is a little over a month old now. She is quite a freindly little thing. VERY SOCIAL & OUTGOING LITTLE FILLY this one is.

Attachments

• untitled 1.JPG
    untitled 1.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 142

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Her sire is SOMDRocks boy Prince. :biggrin:
She's a really pretty, soft pastel peachy color. I'm thinking palomino, maybe a light pali. when she sheds out. not sure about the silver-if she's red it wouldn't show anyway. it would be lucky to get 2 with silver in back to back breedings on 2 mares.

SOMDRocks, did his new owners register and certify him? Is he gelded? My chocolate/white colt by him out of the Palomino Racking mare Breezy is HUGE.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
She's a really pretty, soft pastel peachy color. I'm thinking palomino, maybe a light pali. when she sheds out. not sure about the silver-if she's red it wouldn't show anyway. it would be lucky to get 2 with silver in back to back breedings on 2 mares.

SOMDRocks, did his new owners register and certify him? Is he gelded? My chocolate/white colt by him out of the Palomino Racking mare Breezy is HUGE.

I'm not sure if his paperwork has been done but he was gelded before he went to Kentucky for training. Any pix of your colt!! I call and find out about the paperwork.

CountryLady

luvmyponies

OHHH! Cool! I just got my camera back from my boy, so I will get some new pictures. She is a VERY STUNNING little filly. And VERY SWEET. SOMDRocks is welcome to come see her some time. For being just a little over a month old she is almost too freindly. She always comes up to you, even before momma, to get loved on. She really tickles me. :lmao:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
OHHH! Cool! I just got my camera back from my boy, so I will get some new pictures. She is a VERY STUNNING little filly. And VERY SWEET. SOMDRocks is welcome to come see her some time. For being just a little over a month old she is almost too freindly. She always comes up to you, even before momma, to get loved on. She really tickles me. :lmao:

That's nice to hear how sweet she is, Prince is a sweet boy too.