My new favorite restaurant...

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
oldnavy said:
I agree, the place is great. Their Big Kahuna burger is the best I have had in this area. Menu lacks a little choice, but what is on it is good. I also second the motion that the fries are awesome and beer is cold.

Now, I was just talking to someone about this over the weekend. I thought I had heard/read that Vera has passed away...some time last year. The person I talked to this weekend said that she is still around and living in the house/castle next door. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

Vera did pass away a few months back. Her stepson lives in the house/castle next door.

We were there for lunch a week ago, Sunday. It was good and the margarita's were awesome!

And the palm trees planted on the grounds are real not plastic.

USNavyMike

High EGT said:
Thanks for the critique and will definitly have to do Vera's this summer. As for those plastic palm trees they llok vaguely familar over at the Tiki bar.

Yep they are real and more coming up soon, there are about a dozen under the patio that needs planting...

sinwagon

vraiblonde said:
...is Vera's :yay:

I took my step-daughter there for dinner tonight and we sat on the big deck while the sun was setting. It was the most beautiful sight in the world and the food was pretty good, too.

I agree! I have been there before at that time for drinks and appetizers with friends. It is absolutely beautiful!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
USNavyMike said:
Yep they are real and more coming up soon, there are about a dozen under the patio that needs planting...
HELLO???

We knocked them. They're plastic.

O

oldnavy

vraiblonde said:
HELLO???

I think that there are some of both. The ones on the side hill...toward the beach I believe are real. They were watering them last time I was there. I'm told that the fake ones are being replaced by real ones as they are able to get them.

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
...is Vera's :yay:

I took my step-daughter there for dinner tonight and we sat on the big deck while the sun was setting. It was the most beautiful sight in the world and the food was pretty good, too.

Did you happen to catch who was working the bar?

Is the bar still even there?

I used to work there about 100 years ago, and I was wondering if my old buddies were still slinging drinks.

vraiblonde said:
HELLO???

If you had to "knock" them to be sure they were plastic then that's the kinda plants I'm talking about! I would love to do all of my landscape in realistic looking fake plants...:cool:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You know...

kwillia said:
If you had to "knock" them to be sure they were plastic then that's the kinda plants I'm talking about! I would love to do all of my landscape in realistic looking fake plants...:cool:

...some people just like exposing their bad side.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
kwillia said:

:yay: I'm all for that :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

kwillia said:
:blushing: I thought you'd be out watering your gerbers or something.

...no, just dusting off the plastic ones, painting them new colors, seeing if we can make them out of used tires, packing away the 'used' ones that didn't sell so we can get them back out and sell them next year...

USNavyMike

vraiblonde said:
HELLO???

Oh well excuse me, I never thought you were the expert on knocking on tree's and plants to make sure they were fake or not. mmmm,,,

me think someone's been nipping alittle too much....

oh yea, I hear they are looking for someone to take Vera's place, perhaps you could do that as well as moderate the forums... could be a new career path for ya!!!

Last edited:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
USNavyMike said:
Oh well excuse me, I never thought you were the expert on knocking on tree's and plants to make sure they were fake or not. mmmm,,,

me think someone's been nipping alittle too much....
:popcorn:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Nanny Pam said:
I checked out their menu. They are a little pricey, don't you think?
I guess you're paying for the view. :shrug:

:yeahthat:

What happened to the old lady anyway?