My Plants!

Kirsten

Originally posted by Sharon
I used to put the coffee grounds around my roses but I don't bother with it anymore.

And now I know what option you were talking about earlier. You know that even if all 12 seeds mature into coffee plants, the beans (cherries) ripen and need to be picked as they mature. The soil/fertilization you use will have a lot to say about the quality of your coffee. After picking, the cherries have to be pulped and then dried, hulled and lastly roasted. I can't say if 12 plants will yield you more than a pound at a time or not. I seriously doubt it unless you have a humidity/temp controlled place to store them.

Coffee is grown tropically so you better get busy on plans for building the greenhouse now. :biggrin:

Alright Sharon I know it's silly and just outright nuts but the thought of growing our own and having it is just a neat idea. I know it wouldn't be much and knew some of the work, granted not all of it. But heck it could be interesting. I doubt we'll do it but imagine getting a huge greenhouse and doing it? I am weird I guess.

For roses my mom used Bloodmeal and Bonemeal and some rock salt or epson salts to promote root growth and some absolutely beautiful blooms. Something she picked up from her grandmother.

Kirsten

On an aside, looks like I tried to split the cyclamen too early. Seems to be toast. Well one plant loss isn't bad. Will have to go back down to Lowes and see what else I can find.

Vince

Shoot, all I have done this year is trimmed my fruit trees and just ran the tiller through the garden for the first time. Maybe put out some onions :bawl: this Saturday.:biggrin: And Jazz, if you ever trim your Asian Pear Apples watch out. Those new buds are like needles. Had to cut mine way back this year and jabbed the sh!t out of myself.

Originally posted by Vince
Shoot, all I have done this year is trimmed my fruit trees and just ran the tiller through the garden for the first time. Maybe put out some onions :bawl: this Saturday.:biggrin: And Jazz, if you ever trim your Asian Pear Apples watch out. Those new buds are like needles. Had to cut mine way back this year and jabbed the sh!t out of myself.
All I've done is get 2 trailer loads of mulch from the Chuck Co. landfill and I bought a 3 pt. hitch & moldboard plow for my garden tractor. Got an AWSOME deal on the hitch/plow. They are OLD, and were quite rusty when I got them, but I have taken them apart as far as I can, and have wire brushed and painted almost every part. Only problem is that the hitch is missing the top link. It was supposed to be complete, so I am going to go back to the tractor junk guy @ the famers market and see if he makes good on his claim that it was complete. If not, I've gotta find one somewhere. Guess I'll try Gardiner's over the weekend.
Anybody live near Chaptico? There is a lawnmower repair guy down there that has a big ol' but load of old mowers & accessories. I cannot find his number, and hoping one of you may know it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Vince
And Jazz, if you ever trim your Asian Pear Apples watch out. Those new buds are like needles. Had to cut mine way back this year and jabbed the sh!t out of myself.

We prune them every year (we prune all the trees every year, in fact) and know first-hand how sharp those buds are. Ouch!