Nair? Razors?

Cowgirl

Does anyone actually use this shiat on their legs??? I have used it now and then on my bikini area with less than desireable results, but for some reason when I was in Walmart I bought some to use on my legs. I got the kind with the little applicator and little plastic "razor" thing. When I used the applicator like the directions said, I ran out before I even covered the bottom half of both legs. It went on way too thick...so I had to spread it around. It said to leave it on for about 3 minutes....but my legs started tingling (more like burning), so I took it off. It might have been 3 minutes.

Well, it didn't do very well at the hair removal part, but my legs itch...and when I scratched them I swear I was taking off skin. :jameo:

I have such trouble shaving...even with the expensive razors and shave gel I still get razor burn and heat rashes around my knees in the summer. I am going crazy. If the razor is brand new, I get razor burn...if it's old I get razor burn. :jameo: :jameo: I try using warm water, cold water, etc....and nothing seems to really work well.

Any advice?! :flowers:

W

Wenchy

Nair is nasty. As far as the other part goes...same problem (razor burn)

I have some good news and some bad news for you:

My body hair growth is taking care of itself and actually going away on its own.

My facial hair? :jameo:

Cowgirl

Nickel said:
Have you tried waxing? :shrug:

I wax my eyebrows, and have actually waxed my arms....but I seriously don't think I could handle the pain of waxing my legs. Plus, don't you have to wait till the stubble gets long to wax again?

Cowgirl

Wenchy said:

My body hair growth is taking care of itself and actually going away on its own.

But you're older than me...I'd rather find a solution now. :bawl:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Cowgirl said:
I wax my eyebrows, and have actually waxed my arms....but I seriously don't think I could handle the pain of waxing my legs. Plus, don't you have to wait till the stubble gets long to wax again?
:shrug: I don't know, I was just putting it out there. :lol:

W

Wenchy

Nickel said:
Have you tried waxing? :shrug:

I know this isn't my thread, but waxing gave me a rash that looked worse than "pizza face" acne.

Oh, we are supposed to talking about legs and bikini lines. :lmao:

Somebody on here has an interesting story about a bikini waxing gone bad. :whistle:

W

Wenchy

Cowgirl said:
But you're older than me...I'd rather find a solution now. :bawl:

A Mach 3 razor works the best for me (expensive stuff) and I use hair conditioner to shave with. It eats the blade right up, but little razor burn.

I'm going hirsute and never wearing shorts or a bikini again.

When I wear a tank top, just don't look at my pits. :yay:

Cowgirl

Wenchy said:
A Mach 3 razor works the best for me (expensive stuff) and I use hair conditioner to shave with. It eats the blade right up, but little razor burn.

I'm going hirsute and never wearing shorts or a bikini again.

When I wear a tank top, just don't look at my pits. :yay:

:lol: I can't use conditioner...my poor legs. Even now, I can't put lotion on after I shave...and go into a pool or hot tub? I'd rather gouge out my eyes with a dull pocketknife.

I was hoping someone had the magical answer! :lol:

cdsulhoff

Try shaving with baby oil? I do this when I am in a hurry.. I just pour baby oil on my legs and shave.. Great for quick dry shaving.. Oh I use a man's shaver they work better.

Or you can call my aunt.. She is an electrolysis.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Wenchy said:

WELCOME to menapause.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cdsulhoff said:
Try shaving with baby oil? I do this when I am in a hurry.. I just pour baby oil on my legs and shave.. Great for quick dry shaving.. Oh I use a man's shaver they work better.

Or you can call my aunt.. She is an electrolysis.
Is she on 235 in the Hollywood area?

beamher

Cowgirl said:
Does anyone actually use this shiat on their legs??? I have used it now and then on my bikini area with less than desireable results, but for some reason when I was in Walmart I bought some to use on my legs. I got the kind with the little applicator and little plastic "razor" thing. When I used the applicator like the directions said, I ran out before I even covered the bottom half of both legs. It went on way too thick...so I had to spread it around. It said to leave it on for about 3 minutes....but my legs started tingling (more like burning), so I took it off. It might have been 3 minutes.

Well, it didn't do very well at the hair removal part, but my legs itch...and when I scratched them I swear I was taking off skin. :jameo:

I have such trouble shaving...even with the expensive razors and shave gel I still get razor burn and heat rashes around my knees in the summer. I am going crazy. If the razor is brand new, I get razor burn...if it's old I get razor burn. :jameo: :jameo: I try using warm water, cold water, etc....and nothing seems to really work well.

Any advice?! :flowers:

i use nair and it's one other brand i use along the same line; tried the shaving thing but it seems as if the razor scratches my skin or doesn't do as good of a job. the 3 minute rule doesn't seem to get the job done--if taken off too soon, no results. i seem to have to leave it on longer (i stopped timing it) however, i put in on and check periodically as to the progress(the hair seems to wave/curl) or maybe wipe a small section. the front part of my legs are hairier so i apply there first and remove from there last. my knees seem sensitive as well so i only do when extremely necessary. when it start tingling i would definitely take it off because it's probably starting to burn or becoming irritable (the tingling does occur but you should want to take off before it starts burning; maybe it's something you're doing beforehand and don't realize it's going to affect the area). shaving results in me having bumps, whereas, this doesn't, it just removes the hair and has no impact on my skin

it was like trial and error until i got use to it.

beamher

Cowgirl said:

i don't think so; it hurts when the hair is longer and thicker to me

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
You sound just like my mom. She's sensative to everything. She ended up seeing a dermatologist she got so bad.... The conclusion: use absolutely NOTHING with any type of perfume or alcohol in it. At her age she doesn't have much leg hair but really likes that razor that has the soapy stuff around it. I tried them but it was too big and bulky for me. Before she found that she used a triple blade razor and this stuff called "coochie" that she got from a Slumber Parties rep. She also uses extra moisterizing body wash for sensative skin made by Dove.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Cowgirl said:
Does anyone actually use this shiat on their legs???
I had a b/f that would use Nair on his chest, but he'd have to let his hair grow out long in order for it to work. You can't expect to see results with just a little stubble unfortunately. :lol: