Nair? Razors?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
I had a b/f that would use Nair on his chest, but he'd have to let his hair grow out long in order for it to work. You can't expect to see results with just a little stubble unfortunately. :lol:

I'd put money on being able to guess who that was.... :lmao:

Cowgirl

pixiegirl said:
You sound just like my mom. She's sensative to everything. She ended up seeing a dermatologist she got so bad.... The conclusion: use absolutely NOTHING with any type of perfume or alcohol in it. At her age she doesn't have much leg hair but really likes that razor that has the soapy stuff around it. I tried them but it was too big and bulky for me. Before she found that she used a triple blade razor and this stuff called "coochie" that she got from a Slumber Parties rep. She also uses extra moisterizing body wash for sensative skin made by Dove.

I've heard about that Coochie stuff...I might try it. I am also going to buy one of the really expensive razors and see if that makes a difference. I'm so sick of this...:lol: I wish I had tons of money...I'd get laser hair removal and never have to worry about it again!

Cowgirl said:
I've heard about that Coochie stuff...I might try it. I am also going to buy one of the really expensive razors and see if that makes a difference. I'm so sick of this...:lol: I wish I had tons of money...I'd get laser hair removal and never have to worry about it again!
From what I've read, laser hair removal isn't always permanent. Imagine spending that kinda mulla only to have it grow back again. :ohwell:

Cowgirl

kwillia said:
From what I've read, laser hair removal isn't always permanent. Imagine spending that kinda mulla only to have it grow back again. :ohwell:

You just crushed my dreams. :bawl:

:lol:

Psst...and it's moola. :giggle:

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Ever try an epilator?

Epiliators work like mechanical tweezers and look like electric shavers with disks instead of blades. I've been using an epilator for years. Doesn't take much hair to work, but it will sting and takes some getting used to. I use a dry hot wash cloth on my skin before each use to open the pores and make it easier for the hair to pull out rather than break. I don't recommend using one under your arms or on your bikini line unless you have a real high pain threshold.
For those areas I use NADS body sugaring system about every 2-3 weeks.
I have very litle hair growth now thanks to all that yanking it out, and what I do have is very fine (and I'm half Italian).
I just started having Laser hair removal on my underarms because I'm tired of dealing with it. I'll repost later this summer when I have a better idea of the results.

beamher

kwillia said:

and don't you have to have a couple of sessions :shrug:

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
beamher said:
and don't you have to have a couple of sessions :shrug:

Depends on your skin and hair type, and how much power they use. But it will take at least 2 sessions. Expensive, but I never spend money on myself and figured I earned it. We'll see how it goes after the second session. I know electrolysis would be more pernament - but I don't have the time to sit there for 2 hours or more.

Seems like the thread was about sensitivity to razors and chemicals, just adding to the options.

lovinmaryland

beamher said:
i tried waxing and it irritated my whole body; i do still get my eyebrows waxed

that happened to me the first few times but now i am immune. i get my eyebrows and my ummm well.... i get a brazilian every now and then :whistle: the absolute best thing ever i swear to you ladies try it your man will love you for it :razz:

sockgirl77

Aerogal said:
Epiliators work like mechanical tweezers and look like electric shavers with disks instead of blades. I've been using an epilator for years. Doesn't take much hair to work, but it will sting and takes some getting used to. I use a dry hot wash cloth on my skin before each use to open the pores and make it easier for the hair to pull out rather than break. I don't recommend using one under your arms or on your bikini line unless you have a real high pain threshold.
I have very litle hair growth now thanks to all that yanking it out, and what I do have is very fine (and I'm half Italian).
I just started having Laser hair removal on my underarms because I'm tired of dealing with it. I'll repost later this summer when I have a better idea of the results.
The Epilady? Eff that. My mom told me to use one as a cruel joke. I do not wish that pain on anyone. It hurt as bad as the time I let my hair dresser friend convince me to wax my pits. :yikes:

Geek

Aerogal said:

never, never again

aanderson

Cowgirl said:
Does anyone actually use this shiat on their legs??? I have used it now and then on my bikini area with less than desireable results, but for some reason when I was in Walmart I bought some to use on my legs. I got the kind with the little applicator and little plastic "razor" thing. When I used the applicator like the directions said, I ran out before I even covered the bottom half of both legs. It went on way too thick...so I had to spread it around. It said to leave it on for about 3 minutes....but my legs started tingling (more like burning), so I took it off. It might have been 3 minutes.

Well, it didn't do very well at the hair removal part, but my legs itch...and when I scratched them I swear I was taking off skin. :jameo:

I have such trouble shaving...even with the expensive razors and shave gel I still get razor burn and heat rashes around my knees in the summer. I am going crazy. If the razor is brand new, I get razor burn...if it's old I get razor burn. :jameo: :jameo: I try using warm water, cold water, etc....and nothing seems to really work well.

Any advice?! :flowers:

Have you tried wiping the area with Witch Hazel after shaving? I use this on my bikini area after shaving and it takes away the razor burn almost instantly. You can get it at the drug store for like $1...my hubby has used it on his face too and it seemed to help. I don't get razor burn on my legs, so I have never tried it there. It may help...and if not, you've only wasted $1!!! Good Luck!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
sockgirl77 said:
The Epilady? Eff that. My mom told me to use one as a cruel joke. I do not wish that pain on anyone. It hurt as bad as the time I let my hair dresser friend convince me to wax my pits. :yikes:
:yeahthat: DR bought me one for Xmas years ago, when they were the new thing to have. I had tears streaming down my face when I used it.

Cowgirl

aanderson said:
Have you tried wiping the area with Witch Hazel after shaving? I use this on my bikini area after shaving and it takes away the razor burn almost instantly. You can get it at the drug store for like $1...my hubby has used it on his face too and it seemed to help. I don't get razor burn on my legs, so I have never tried it there. It may help...and if not, you've only wasted $1!!! Good Luck!

I'll try it! Thanks! :love:

nightowl

NOTE: I just noticed that Pixiegirl already mentioned this but here's the name of it.

Try the Schick Intuition Razor for Sensitive Skin. It has the soap built in. There are pros and cons of this product but I still find I like it best because it's so easy and convienent.

Pros
Soap built in.
Gives a close shave.
Can use in the shower right under the water.

Cons
Soap wears unevenly.
Soap wears fast so you only get about 5-6 shaves out of each refill.
Refills are expensive ($8 for 3).

Please know that you have to use this product in the shower with the water on your legs otherwise you could end up with dry burn.

Last edited:

aanderson

nightowl said:
NOTE: I just noticed that Pixiegirl already mentioned this but here's the name of it.

Try the Schick Intuition Razor for Sensitive Skin. It has the soap built in. There are pros and cons of this product but I still find I like it best because it's so easy and convienent.

Pros
Soap built in.
Gives a close shave.
Can use in the shower right under the water.

Cons
Soap wears unevenly.
Soap wears fast so you only get about 5-6 shaves out of each refill.
Refills are expensive ($8 for 3).

Please know that you have to use this product in the shower with the water on your legs otherwise you could end up with dry burn.

I use this razor and absolutely LOVE it...but all the Cons that nightowl mentioned are true. Still I think it is the best razor out there. Just my $.02.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Hey Cowgirl, I was thinking about you last night while showering....

Do you use the same razor for your bikini area, underarms and legs? If so that may be the source of your problem right there.

I use two razors and different types at that. One is for my legs soley and the other for my underarms and bikini area.

When you shave the blades pick up and leave behind skin cells. Basically a skin transplant. The skin on your legs may be irriated from hair and skin left behind after using it on your underarms and bikini area. If that makes sense.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I just received a Venus Breeze in the mail the other day and didn't think I would like it due to the shave gel being built into it. Most of the 2 in 1's don't allow for the movement of the lotion/cream but this one does. I really like the way this one works and very happy with the results. If you happen to have a Venus and need to get refils, try the Breeze ones.

male20674

amen

lovinmaryland said:
that happened to me the first few times but now i am immune. i get my eyebrows and my ummm well.... i get a brazilian every now and then :whistle: the absolute best thing ever i swear to you ladies try it your man will love you for it :razz:

AMEN

Cowgirl

pixiegirl said:
Hey Cowgirl, I was thinking about you last night while showering....

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that..... :smoochy:

Do you use the same razor for your bikini area, underarms and legs? If so that may be the source of your problem right there.

I use two razors and different types at that. One is for my legs soley and the other for my underarms and bikini area.

When you shave the blades pick up and leave behind skin cells. Basically a skin transplant. The skin on your legs may be irriated from hair and skin left behind after using it on your underarms and bikini area. If that makes sense.

I do use the same razor....does it really matter? :eyebrow: Isn't all my skin the same? I'll have to look into it...I've never heard that theory before. :shrug: