Name change?

What should the name be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Barack Obama supports for Redskins name change - NFL - SI.com

Once again, making comments on topics that he would be better off not commenting about when he might not know all the facts.
[remember the If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon comment, or the Beer Summit after his remarks that the Cambridge police acted stupidly when arresting Professor Gates.]

As a leader, it is important to know when to speak but also when not to speak. When a comment should be made or when to be silent.
A misinformed and/or ill-timed comment can have a devastating effect on public opinion, impact ongoing police investigations, or even undermine the truth.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Holding the powerful position that he does, he should know that his individual opinions and comments should not be shared on matters he is not involved with. In most of these situations, he could have simply stated that "I do not know the facts regarding this matter so I'd rather not make a comment." Done. No further questions.
See that wasn't hard at all.

The sad part is how many people in this country are brainwashed to believe an authoritive figure without any question or thought on what is said.

Beta

Smile!
I can't believe Congress is actually trying to sponsor a bill to ban the name. I mean, what happened to freedom of speech? Are they insane? There's no way the Supreme Court would uphold a law by Congress to remove the Redskins name. It's a waste of their time when they should be focused on more important issues (like the shutdown and the budget...).

That being said, should they change it? Probably. It's like naming a team N#gg#rs or Crackers. That's not appropriate. Some sportscaster made a good point recently: would they name a team the Redskins if it was founded today? Of course not. Plenty of teams have change names or logos. But there's no right answer. The NFL could force Snyder's hand, or Snyder could change it, but if neither of those happen then it should stay. For those who don't like it, boycott the Redskins and use your freedom of speech, just like Snyder and Skins fans.

If they rename the Redskins, they should name em the Fightin Whities! fightinwhites.png

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I'm really offended by the fact that someone is offended by the name of a football team. I'm so offended that it may require months of therapy, and of course I'll be incapacitated, scarred for life, by these offended voices I keep hearing in my head.:drama:

warneckutz

Actually, I find Washington Redskins offensive.

They don't even play in Washington. Officially, FedEx Field is in Landover so take that no-good, lazy, chitty "Washington" out of the name, and call them the Landover Redskins.
:lol:

Ugh... PG County - nuke it.

Barack Obama supports for Redskins name change - NFL - SI.com

Once again, making comments on topics that he would be better off not commenting about when he might not know all the facts.
[remember the If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon comment, or the Beer Summit after his remarks that the Cambridge police acted stupidly when arresting Professor Gates.]

As a leader, it is important to know when to speak but also when not to speak. When a comment should be made or when to be silent.
A misinformed and/or ill-timed comment can have a devastating effect on public opinion, impact ongoing police investigations, or even undermine the truth.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Holding the powerful position that he does, he should know that his individual opinions and comments should not be shared on matters he is not involved with. In most of these situations, he could have simply stated that "I do not know the facts regarding this matter so I'd rather not make a comment." Done. No further questions.
See that wasn't hard at all.

The sad part is how many people in this country are brainwashed to believe an authoritive figure without any question or thought on what is said.

An effective name change would be removing that terrorist's name from the WH.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not bad, but I think they should then move to Boise and become the Idaho Potatoes.

But, then, that opens not one, but two cans of worms as people named Ida and professional comfort providers take offense.

Washington Redskins.

It's not as half baked an idea as it may sound like.

OK, it is but, still...