NBC knows what normal Christians are like...

B

Bruzilla

The problem with this show, and the writer's explanations of his motivations, is that it goes out of its way to present Christians as people with major problems. Everyone is drug dependent, or Gay, or sleeping around, etc. There's no mention of any goodness or godliness... which are attributes more commonly found. While there are certainly foibles in many peoples' lives, this is a pretty far-fetched scheme meant to be more Desperate "Hose"wives than Highway to Heaven.

The writer should just admit that his goal is to poke fun at religious people by portraying them as engaging in hypocrisy at an unrealisitic level.

Hessian

Right Bru...

I had tried to send Kharma from home and my filters just won't let me...heck I have to sign on twice just to connect. anyway-

It looks like the show is suffering from poor ratings, and sponsor jitters, as well as network syndicates saying NO.

I'd just like to send NBC a message:

Try writing about a Moslem Mullah with a drunken wife, homo kid, addicted daughter, cursing secretary and a woman who sews bright colors on her Burka(all part of a normal day in Peshwar)....and see what reaction you'd get.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Hessian said:
I'd just like to send NBC a message:

Try writing about a Moslem Mullah with a drunken wife, homo kid, addicted daughter, cursing secretary and a woman who sews bright colors on her Burka(all part of a normal day in Peshwar)....and see what reaction you'd get.
If they did, the outrage would be flying. NBC headquarters might even be bombed. But, as we have seen on this board, some think it is OK to attack Christians.

Hessian

And the nail in the coffin:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48476

I nearly laughed out loud when the creative talent behind this dung says he is so pleased with its "success."

Were you pleased when the Redskins had a 4-10 season?
Such is the confused liberal world: loss is victory, wrong is right, immoral is holy...and utter failure is wonderful success.

Brilliant.

I hope NBC is just as "happy" with the damage it created and the overwhelming loss of reputation & sponsors & viewers.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
"Success"

One NBC affiliate after another dropped the show. Advertisers ran from it. And, apparently, despite all the controversy it generated, so did viewers.

After the first three episodes, only Burlington Coat Factory was left as a national sponsor.

The network had to absorb millions of dollars in losses each time it aired the program, Wildmon pointed out, because the show's sponsors bailed out.

"We want to thank the 678,394 individuals who sent e-mails to NBC and the thousands who called and e-mailed their local affiliates," he added.

That sounds pretty successful to me Hessian. :lmao: