Need an oil change TODAY... where to go??

frequentflier

happy to be living
Thats why you never, never, never take your car to jiffy lube or Walmart or any jiffy lube type services. Everyone should learn how to change their own oil. Its really quite easy.

My husband was in the area of jlube and thought it would be nice to do since I was planning a trip. It was thoughtful on his part...but I am glad the engine didn't seize up or anything on the hills of PA when it was about 25 degrees out.
When he has the time, he does change the oil in some of our vehicles. When he has the time and it's not freezing cold outside!

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
With that said, when I saw him walking toward me with my air filter, I thought I was going to have to hurt his feelings and tell him I wouldn't pay their prices for them to put an air filter in for me when I'm quite capable of paying 1/2 their price for a filter and putting it in myself. I was :shocked: when the guy spread it out and said, "air filter looks pretty clean, you have at least one more oil change before it needs replacing". EVERY time I get my oil changed, no matter where I go, they've always tried raping me for a new air filter. I have to say, I loved the honesty there. I already knew my air filter was good, I changed it not too long ago :buddies:

There used to be a PCV run every other time I took my car in for oil/lube. I keep telling them I only come for oil and lube because I cannot dispose of the oil. O/W, I DIY.

benscamaro

I have to make an unexpected trip.
Lots of driving & won't be back til Sun.

The thing is, I really need an oil change before I go.
Can you tell me where I can go today?
Thanks!

OnSite Automotive Services
301-705-9745, 301-752-6692
We come to your home or office!
Fully insured just like a "quick" lube shop without the shop.
Give us a try...

benscamaro

You guys make it down Pax River way? Seems a bit for from Waldorf for an oil change.

Absolutely, I have customers in the CRE and in mechanicsville. It is alway better to have more than one at a location, but I have never said no to a customer for where they are located.

Iv4girlz

Try Tires Plus over by BJ's. I have been going there since day one of opening and have never had any issues at all. They are also under new management now.

benscamaro

$39.95 conventional (5qts) $3 extra per qt
$69.95 synthetic (5qts) $6 extra per qt
$89.95 european synthetic (5qts) $8 extra per qt

I understand that my prices are higher than almost every "quick" lube shop, but I come to you. I offer convenience.

Website is on the way.. being built now, should be online by monday (fingers-crossed)
I started this business on my own, I do this part-time on the weekends and evenings until I get a strong enough customer base to go full time. I am fully insured and have been cleared by the maryland EPA to do this. I also accept ARI Fleet accounts.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Everyone should learn how to change their own oil. Its really quite easy.
1. go to Walmart and park your car away from the crowd and over a storm water drain (you'll find out later).
2. know the make model (etc) of your car before entering store.
3. procede to the Automobile section of store to purchase oil and filter. This is why you need the year, make and model of your car - so you get the correct filter.
4. pay for the stuf (don't want to get arrested for shoplifting)
5. remove plug from oil pan (usually on the backside of the engine) and remove oil filter. Just make sure not to drop the plug down into the storm drain. Now you understand why it's important to park over the
6. after all the oil has drained into the storm drain replace the plug and install the new filter (the one you just paid for in Walmart).
7. Next, add the oil. Typically it takes 5 quarts. Use the larger opening with the cap that says oil. Pouring down the dipstick tube can take much longer.
8. Leave the old filter and empty cans on the storm drain to empty.
9 you are now ready to drive away.