Need Everyone's Help!

Tucker's Mom

As some or all of you may know, there is a new elementary school opening in Wildewood and capital planning is in the process of naming this new school. Nominations are now being accepted, and I would like to see if anyone could please, please nominate that it be named after our county's only casualty of the war in Iraq, SPC Raymond J. Faulstich, Jr.

The only thing you need to do is email your nomination to Kimberly Howe, supervisor of capital planning at kahowe@smcps.org

Nominations are being accepted now and must be sent by Monday May 15th.

Thanks to all who help..... :patriot:

Tucker's Mom said:
As some or all of you may know, there is a new elementary school opening in Wildewood and capital planning is in the process of naming this new school. Nominations are now being accepted, and I would like to see if anyone could please, please nominate that it be named after our county's only casualty of the war in Iraq, SPC Raymond J. Faulstich, Jr.

The only thing you need to do is email your nomination to Kimberly Howe, supervisor of capital planning at kahowe@smcps.org

Nominations are being accepted now and must be sent by Monday May 15th.

Thanks to all who help..... :patriot:

Nice idea. But about others that were killed in wartime? Wasn't there someone that was killed in the Pentagon from St. Mary's as well?

MMDad

Lem Putt
CableChick said:
Nice idea. But about others that were killed in wartime? Wasn't there someone that was killed in the Pentagon from St. Mary's as well?
The old Lowe's building is named for him.

I prefer schools to be named for their location, not people. That keeps politics out of the process.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
MMDad said:

I prefer schools to be named for their location, not people. That keeps politics out of the process.

:yay: I agree.

Wildewood Elementary? I think it sounds nice.

Tucker's Mom

Sorry, I thought that maybe someone actually giving their life for your freedom might actually mean something to someone, but seems I am mistaken.

tomchamp

MMDad said:

How is naming a school after a war hero political?

MMDad

Lem Putt
tomchamp said:
How is naming a school after a war hero political?
Here's an example:

The Democrats want to name a school after Tom Champ because he is a veteran.

The Republicans say "We don't want anyone with two DWI's being idolized."

Who wins? Whoever is in power. That is politics. Any more questions?

Tucker's Mom

MMDad said:
Here's an example:

Who wins? Whoever is in power. That is politics. Any more questions?
Look, as stated before, I'm just asking for help, I'm not trying to turn this into a political discussion.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Tucker's Mom said:
Look, as stated before, I'm just asking for help, I'm not trying to turn this into a political discussion.
You're in the wrong place if you don't want discussion. Put an ad in the paper if you don't want other views.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Tucker's Mom said:
Why don't you try to be nicer and stop trying to be such a bully?
Compared to most people on here, I am being very nice. You posted your request. I responded with my opinion. You didn't like my opinion and got offended.

The only personal attack was between me and Tom Champ. What you don't know is that he is an alcoholic who likes to start things he can't finish. The only reason he responded to my post is because he doesn't like me.

You will have to look hard to find anyone around here who disrespects a KIA. However, some of us do feel that there are appropriate ways to commemorate our heros. I gave my opinion, nothing more.

Tucker's Mom

Well, I actually did think you did disprespect a KIA due to the fact that you posted this:

"Here's an example:

Who wins? Whoever is in power. That is politics. Any more questions?"

Sounds like you are alluding to the report of this "KIA" as you call him (he has a name by the way) as having problems in his younger days before he was driving the lead truck in a convoy and was fatally shot but kept driving thereby saving the lives of all others in the convoy with him. You seem to be suggesting that because of this you have a problem with a school being named after him???? What you possibly haven't considered is that maybe, just maybe in the future there could be a child who might hear the story of this hometown hero and know that he or she too could make a difference no matter what may have happened in their past.

So whatever dude, I'd think you have bigger problems than this thread and could possibly let something be just what it is, one person's way of paying tribute to someone who paid the ultimate price for all, including you. And offended? He** yeah I'm offended, I couldn't be prouder of him and I'd go to the ends of the earth to defend him!!!

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Tucker's Mom said:
Why don't you try to be nicer and stop trying to be such a bully?

I really don't see at all where anyone was bullying you. As a matter of fact I think you got a little nasty first and MMDad handled himself quite well.

Defenition of Forum: A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas.

Tucker's Mom

I don't even know what to say at this point so this will be my last post. I was simply asking for help from my community, a community I was born and raised in, and thought I could count on. Instead I feel as if no one has actually given me any support, only grief. Ray was my family member, I just wanted him to not have died in vain, just to be forgotten...there are bigger things to do in this life than bust people down for trying to summon help from their community for something that they believe in. I hope not one of you ever has to go through this, and I truly mean that...

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Tucker's Mom said:
Well, I actually did think you did disprespect a KIA due to the fact that you posted this:

"Here's an example:

Who wins? Whoever is in power. That is politics. Any more questions?"

Sounds like you are alluding to the report of this "KIA" as you call him (he has a name by the way) as having problems in his younger days before he was driving the lead truck in a convoy and was fatally shot but kept driving thereby saving the lives of all others in the convoy with him. You seem to be suggesting that because of this you have a problem with a school being named after him???? What you possibly haven't considered is that maybe, just maybe in the future there could be a child who might hear the story of this hometown hero and know that he or she too could make a difference no matter what may have happened in their past.

So whatever dude, I'd think you have bigger problems than this thread and could possibly let something be just what it is, one person's way of paying tribute to someone who paid the ultimate price for all, including you. And offended? He** yeah I'm offended, I couldn't be prouder of him and I'd go to the ends of the earth to defend him!!!
Just Great! Another person with a reading comprehension disorder.
Or is this the agree with me or I'm offended disorder?
Whatever the case maybe MMDad shall now be known as MMDude :lmao: