Need Everyone's Help!

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
elaine said:
I think the students should name the school. When I was in HS they were building a new high school to the south of us that some of the students in our school would be attending the following year. The students chose the name of the school, the colors, the name of the football team, mascots, etc. All were in place when the school opened.
:yeahthat:

That would be cool. I remember when my Elementary School changed the mascot, the kids got to vote on it.

I think they should go with that!

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
elaine said:
I think the students should name the school. When I was in HS they were building a new high school to the south of us that some of the students in our school would be attending the following year. The students chose the name of the school, the colors, the name of the football team, mascots, etc. All were in place when the school opened.

That is a great idea. It allows them to feel ownership. However, for an elementary I might question this philosophy. I am not sure I am ready to see the Pink Power Ranger or Spongebob Squarepants Elementary.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
FromTexas said:
That is a great idea. It allows them to feel ownership. However, for an elementary I might question this philosophy. I am not sure I am ready to see the Pink Power Ranger or Spongebob Squarepants Elementary.

:smack: If they only ask the highest grade students, or two highest grades, it won't be an issue, dummy. Additionally, they don't just ask the students...they give them multiple choices.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
FromTexas said:

Squarepants Elementary..... :lmao:

camily

Peace
FromTexas said:
Pink Power Ranger? :killingme that is soooo 10 years ago.
Now Spongebob sounds great! :lmao:

bcp

In My Opinion
Al Sharpton Elementary School of Ethics.

actually, I think that the original poster has a valid reason in her mind for her suggestion, and regardless of my opinion of that name, she is going about it the right way to see if others agree with her.

no need to be nasty with her.

hope this keeps the witchy spells away from me.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
bcp said:
Al Sharpton Elementary School of Ethics.

actually, I think that the original poster has a valid reason in her mind for her suggestion, and regardless of my opinion of that name, she is going about it the right way to see if others agree with her.

no need to be nasty with her.

hope this keeps the witchy spells away from me.

No one WAS being nasty. She's the one who got nasty when no one agreed with her. :shrug:

And I got red for this thread. :roflmao: Hmmmmmmm.