Need ideas...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Look into Airbnb!!!

Not to bemoan your suggestion. One must understand they are renting a house in an unknown neighborhood with unknown neighbors. It is definitely a renter's caveat emptor situation. I say this becasue there are even Airbnb's in the Ranch Club.

Hessian

I have mentioned it before ( a while back)...take a close look at the "Inner Banks"
*Ride the Free Ferries over the Pamlico & Neuse Rivers
*Take the 15.00 ferry to Okracoke.
*Walk the Colonial Gardens in New Bern at the Governor's mansion
*Walk the ruins of the CW Forts on the NC Coast near Beaufort
*Eat on the Waterfront in "Little Washington"...walk the boardwalk (very similar to Solomons...but better!
*Fresh seafood comes in down in Belhaven & Oriental & Bayboro

There are some well situated Airbnbs that are reasonable...allowing day trips in all directions

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Not to bemoan your suggestion. One must understand they are renting a house in an unknown neighborhood with unknown neighbors. It is definitely a renter's caveat emptor situation. I say this becasue there are even Airbnb's in the Ranch Club.

I've rented before through VRBO and TripAdvisor and had a great experience. The trick is to only choose properties that have an excellent rating, and a bunch of them. No ratings or 2 high ratings is a no.

SamSpade

If it hasn't been mentioned before - our family has always loved Chincoteague. Most days, it's pretty quiet and once Labor Day passes, it's VERY quiet.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I've had great luck ...I checked the reviews (all have been Excellent) AND since I was visiting relatives or in the one case I was visiting Vrai, they knew the area or did a drive by and checked out the place and neighborhood.

Retired1stSgt

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. The area a few miles away has inexpensive hotels/cabins. Not far from Knoxville, Chattanooga and a day trip to Nashville. Lots of things to do in this area.

jrt_ms1995

Why the hell not?! We are less than 30mins from you and have so little to offer. There’s Trossbach’s Produce stand and the confederate monument and ME!
Hey! Don't forget, my name's on that monument, so there's that, too!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Good thing I backed out on my own. They got bumped for their flight tonight due to all the cx flights last night. That included my 4 traveler's last night.

I guess I will get hard crabs this weekend! 😂