Need Name for New Baby Mini Donkey

SoMDGirl42

She sure is cute. Out of curiousity, how big do mini donkeys get? Are they similar in size to mini horses? I've always wanted a mini horse.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
SoMDGirl42 said:
She sure is cute. Out of curiousity, how big do mini donkeys get? Are they similar in size to mini horses? I've always wanted a mini horse.

She should mature at 31 inches.

Mini donks are little huggy bears! They are born without the flight instinct that horses have. You can take a foal and it will have NO fear.

We had to completely clip one foal we got from a farm in NJ. She didn't even bat an eye. Before that, she had never been touched by people. They are truly remarkable little animals.

SoMDGirl42

Busterduck said:

Mini donks are little huggy bears! They are born without the flight instinct that horses have. You can take a foal and it will have NO fear.

We had to completely clip one foal we got from a farm in NJ. She didn't even bat an eye. Before that, she had never been touched by people. They are truly remarkable little animals.
Help a sister out here, little confused. I know horses have foals, are you saying mini donkeys have foals too? I was confused if you are saying the mini donkeys have no fear and are easier than mini horses that have fight instinct. I've been around a lot of baby mini horses and always found them so sweet and I've not encountered any with the fight instinct.

Can I come pet your little ass?

Last edited:
M

Mousebaby

Um, hellooooo...

"Minnie!" :shrug:

Nah, j/k, how bout "Lovey"

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Busterduck said:
Any ideas? It's a Jannet.

Was thinking of "Cookies and Cream" Cookie for short.

AHHHH, I want, I want!!!!! Can I take her home with me?? :howdy: She is so cute and I think Cookie is cute.

Cowgirl

da6bearz said:
I would name him Cisco. He looks just like the hore that the "Cisco Kid" used to ride on the old tv show.

Hey, easy there...let's keep this PG for the kids...

SouthernMdRocks

Busterduck said:

I had no idea that they were born without that instinct. I just think they are adorable,, hey there you go, how about Dora for adorable!!! :whistle:

SouthernMdRocks

SoMDGirl42 said:
Help a sister out here, little confused. I know horses have foals, are you saying mini donkeys have foals too? I was confused if you are saying the mini donkeys have no fear and are easier than mini horses that have fight instinct. I've been around a lot of baby mini horses and always found them so sweet and I've not encountered any with the fight instinct.

Flight instinct is what horse are born with, they can be very scared and want to run from anyone but their momma. That's why imprinting them at birth is important, at least it seems to help.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
SoMDGirl42 said:

"Flight instinct" The instinct that horse are born with to run away from scary things so they don't eat you. :lmao: Not "Fight".