Netflix (or Amazon Prime) and chill

We really enjoyed "The Bodyguard"! It is "Season One", but don't be fooled, the storyline reaches closure at the end of the season so no need to worry about being left with a cliffhanger and no follow-up season.

Chris0nllyn

Black Mirror is coming back 12/28. It's supposedly going to include interactive menu options where you choose the path of the characters.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Black Mirror is coming back 12/28. It's supposedly going to include interactive menu options where you choose the path of the characters.

:yahoo: One of my favorite series so far! I wonder how many episodes they will have this season. I hope more than the 6 from seasons 3 and 4. I also wonder how that interactive feature will work but it sounds interesting!

Chris0nllyn

:yahoo: One of my favorite series so far! I wonder how many episodes they will have this season. I hope more than the 6 from seasons 3 and 4. I also wonder how that interactive feature will work but it sounds interesting!

One of my favorites also! So many good episodes. some are dark as #### and some are pretty thought provoking.

The first episode is named "Bandersnatch" which some think may be from Through the Looking-Glass but some other people who have way more time on their hands than myself think the name comes from a video game in the 80's that had two story lines. There's a bunch of cryptic stuff put out by the director to lead folks to that.

It seems like Netflix quasi-announced it on accident so we don't know how many episodes but I wouldn't expect it to change much from last season. They tweeted a list of new shows coming and they showed only the first episode coming out

As far as the interactive feature, Netflix has it on 4 Netflix series/movies now. If it's like them (I can assume it will be), you'll be watching it and get two pop up boxes where you choose what happens next (and the story line follows your selection).

Here's an idea of what to expect:

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
One of my favorites also! So many good episodes. some are dark as #### and some are pretty thought provoking.

The first episode is named "Bandersnatch" which some think may be from Through the Looking-Glass but some other people who have way more time on their hands than myself think the name comes from a video game in the 80's that had two story lines. There's a bunch of cryptic stuff put out by the director to lead folks to that.

It seems like Netflix quasi-announced it on accident so we don't know how many episodes but I wouldn't expect it to change much from last season. They tweeted a list of new shows coming and they showed only the first episode coming out

As far as the interactive feature, Netflix has it on 4 Netflix series/movies now. If it's like them (I can assume it will be), you'll be watching it and get two pop up boxes where you choose what happens next (and the story line follows your selection).

Here's an idea of what to expect:

Thanks for the info! Some of the episodes were very chilling, like "Metalhead" with the robot dogs :)shiver:), but all are thought-provoking. I will gladly take 6 episodes, which is better than none. :lol:

Have you (or anyone else) watched a series called "The Travelers"? That one also is getting good reviews, with season 3 about to be released.

Chris0nllyn

Thanks for the info! Some of the episodes were very chilling, like "Metalhead" with the robot dogs :)shiver:), but all are thought-provoking. I will gladly take 6 episodes, which is better than none. :lol:

Have you (or anyone else) watched a series called "The Travelers"? That one also is getting good reviews, with season 3 about to be released.

Metalhead was wild. Very quick and in B&W but it was very good. Some of my favorite episodes are The National Anthem, Black Museum, Nosedive, Playtest (really good and dark), and USS Callister.

I haven't seen that yet but I just "cut the cord" so I imagine I'll be seeing it sometime. :lol:

Christy

b*tch rocket

I started watching it. I think I made it through half of season 1 and lost interest. Maybe I'll go back and revisit it.

SamSpade

Wife and I just binge-watched season 3 of "The Last Kingdom".

Think "Game of Thrones" without the magic and fantasy - it is historical fiction and some of it is spot on.

It deals with an era of English history that hitherto I was utterly unaware of - in the late 8th century and all through the 9th,
Vikings invaded and conquered almost ALL of England, from Scotland, England, Wales and all the way down to Devon and Cornwall.
The sole remaining kingdom was Wessex, ruled by Alfred the Great, geographically in the middle of the southern coast of England.

The series is fiction as it follows the story of Uhtred of Bebbanburg, a Saxon who was captured and raised by Danes
(Vikings, although they're never called that in the series). He becomes an outstanding fighter and tactician and friend/adviser
to Alfred although his "heathen" upbringing makes real friendship almost unthinkable to Saxons.

Unlike Game of Thrones - whose plots were sometimes too convoluted, over-sized cast - the show draws you in quickly.
It took half a season of GoT before I grew to like it.

Obviously you as a viewer KNOW that the English eventually win. For that who like to read, like all good series, it is
based on a series of books.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Wife and I just binge-watched season 3 of "The Last Kingdom".

Think "Game of Thrones" without the magic and fantasy - it is historical fiction and some of it is spot on.

It deals with an era of English history that hitherto I was utterly unaware of - in the late 8th century and all through the 9th,
Vikings invaded and conquered almost ALL of England, from Scotland, England, Wales and all the way down to Devon and Cornwall.
The sole remaining kingdom was Wessex, ruled by Alfred the Great, geographically in the middle of the southern coast of England.

The series is fiction as it follows the story of Uhtred of Bebbanburg, a Saxon who was captured and raised by Danes
(Vikings, although they're never called that in the series). He becomes an outstanding fighter and tactician and friend/adviser
to Alfred although his "heathen" upbringing makes real friendship almost unthinkable to Saxons.

Unlike Game of Thrones - whose plots were sometimes too convoluted, over-sized cast - the show draws you in quickly.
It took half a season of GoT before I grew to like it.

Obviously you as a viewer KNOW that the English eventually win. For that who like to read, like all good series, it is
based on a series of books.

Hubby and I binged the first 2 seasons, then couldn't wait for season 3. There is a lot of historic accuracy, even though the time is off for Uhtred (The real Uhtred was later. You can find documentary on YT). The Last Kingdom Uhtred is a combination of characters. While I didn't think the acting was that great (some characters, not all), the battles/fights were awesome, and the environment/film locations were believable.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

I will be watching this tonight. :yahoo: Netflix is calling it a movie rather than an episode. Mixed reviews so far but mostly positive. :yay:

The interactive episode of Black Mirror that dropped on Netflix on Friday has been judged a success by many of the critics who have tried it out.

Set in 1984, Bandersnatch tells of a computer programmer trying to adapt a fantasy novel into a video game.

Viewers must make the lead character's choices for him - decisions that send the plot in different directions.

The Guardian declared it "a masterpiece of sophistication" - but Variety said the show had taken "the wrong path".

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46699402

glhs837

Power with Control
We've been watching the new Sabrina. We like it, but be warned, it's certainly not the old Sabrina.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
In the middle of Bird Box right now....its pretty good.

I am going to try to rewatch that. I started watching it while I was at my sister's house over the Christmas holiday, but it was too late and I was too tired to follow along with the plot so I just turned it off and went to sleep. :lol: :snooze:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am going to try to rewatch that. I started watching it while I was at my sister's house over the Christmas holiday, but it was too late and I was too tired to follow along with the plot so I just turned it off and went to sleep. :lol: :snooze:

Watching now. Pretty good!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

:yay:

Watching now. Pretty good!

Yes, it was. I watched it last night and it kept my attention, plus made me squirm a few times. Good suspense throughout it. I did find Sandra Bullock's nose distracting at times but her acting was very believable.

I also watched "Black Mirror: Bandersnatch" and found it intriguing but a bit hard to follow. The "choose the path" options throughout had me wondering what would have happened if I took the other option, so I may rewatch it choosing different choices.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:yay:

Yes, it was. I watched it last night and it kept my attention, plus made me squirm a few times. Good suspense throughout it. I did find Sandra Bullock's nose distracting at times but her acting was very believable.

I also watched "Black Mirror: Bandersnatch" and found it intriguing but a bit hard to follow. The "choose the path" options throughout had me wondering what would have happened if I took the other option, so I may rewatch it choosing different choices.

Just finished it. I liked it. I think I'll skip the other one, it doesn't appeal to me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Now watching Murder Mountain. Docuseries about the pot business in Humbolt County, CA.

We just finished the 3 season series "Wanted". Enjoyed it. Story line wrapped up with a bow at the end of season 3. So not a long commitment.