Netflix (or Amazon Prime) and chill

SamSpade

OK. I watched Star Trek Picard Season one last year.

Season one seemed OK, but not riveting by any stretch.

I've watched four episodes of season two now and the plot seems a bit schizophrenic. Also there seems to be an almost amateur/web-movie aspect to it, like it was written as fan fiction.

Am I asking too much that it measure up to the First Five?
Just saw this. Yeah, I was very disappointed with Picard Season 2. Seemed like a lot of Q episodes where after all was said and done - the reset button was pushed. Q creates a situation and when they're finished, pretty much everything is where it was. No point, really.

OTOH - Strange New Worlds has been mostly good. Last week's was - meh - ok, if a little silly, and the week before THAT a little pointless, except for the "surprise" at the end which I guessed way ahead of time.

SamSpade

Talked the SO into watching an episode of Reacher on Amazon Prime. She was hooked and we watched the rest over two days. Can't wait for season 2.
Maybe I'll give Jack Ryan season 1 a try and see if she likes that too.
Yeah my wife liked looking at him too.

I was just watching Cruise in the first one, and it's obvious that Tom never had the stature that Jack has --
But I'll say for him, they BOTH nail his cockiness. When you tell Jack "you're not going to be doing this" - he just says "No".
No explanation. Just that's not going to happen. They both nail that bit pretty well.

Same actor is Hawk in the Titans series on HBO.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah my wife liked looking at him too.

I was just watching Cruise in the first one, and it's obvious that Tom never had the stature that Jack has --
But I'll say for him, they BOTH nail his cockiness. When you tell Jack "you're not going to be doing this" - he just says "No".
No explanation. Just that's not going to happen. They both nail that bit pretty well.

Same actor is Hawk in the Titans series on HBO.

Agree, since the physical capability is so baked into the character, not much for Tom to do on that front. Agree, "Hawk" did well.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Just saw this. Yeah, I was very disappointed with Picard Season 2. Seemed like a lot of Q episodes where after all was said and done - the reset button was pushed. Q creates a situation and when they're finished, pretty much everything is where it was. No point, really.

OTOH - Strange New Worlds has been mostly good. Last week's was - meh - ok, if a little silly, and the week before THAT a little pointless, except for the "surprise" at the end which I guessed way ahead of time.
I started watching Picard season 2 and I am on episode 5. It's pretty lame and I don't know if I'm going to watch more. But I am loving Strange New Worlds! I haven't watched the two you mentioned but I'll give it a shot.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Talked the SO into watching an episode of Reacher on Amazon Prime. She was hooked and we watched the rest over two days. Can't wait for season 2.
Maybe I'll give Jack Ryan season 1 a try and see if she likes that too.
Reacher and Ryan were very good IMO. With Ryan, I had to keep reminding myself that liberties were taken with the story telling and it seems like they melded several books into each of the two story lines. OTOH, Alan Ritchson as Reacher is far more believable than Tom Cruise, if you've ever read any of the books.

DaSDGuy

Reacher and Ryan were very good IMO. With Ryan, I had to keep reminding myself that liberties were taken with the story telling and it seems like they melded several books into each of the two story lines. OTOH, Alan Ritchson as Reacher is far more believable than Tom Cruise, if you've ever read any of the books.
The Terminal List is awesome!!! Pratt goes way out of character in it. That was just book 1. There are four more and Pratt says he's ready to go when they are. I really hope they do. No spoilers here, just highly recommend it. BTW, Jack Ryan was three seasons.
On a Sci-Fi note, The Expanse should be watched start to finish. It is also very good.

kom526

The Terminal List is awesome!!! Pratt goes way out of character in it. That was just book 1. There are four more and Pratt says he's ready to go when they are. I really hope they do. No spoilers here, just highly recommend it. BTW, Jack Ryan was three seasons.
On a Sci-Fi note, The Expanse should be watched start to finish. It is also very good.
I started Terminal List this afternoon while my son was at his guitar lessons. It hooked me within the first 10 minutes.

kom526

4 episodes in on The Terminal List. Amazing. That scene in Ep. 4 in the old building was beyond anything I expected. Whoa.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Netflix. A Futile and Stupid Gesture. It's about the guys that started National Lampoon magazine and wrote Animal House.

PJay

Soon

Screenshot_20221214-224413.jpg

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I'm watching "House" on Prime. Glad it was off air before this latest flu, it probably would have made me hate the show.