Netflix (or Amazon Prime) and chill

luvmygdaughters

Watched "Cry, Macho" on Netflix last night. I've always been a Clint Eastwood fan and will watch anything he is in, directs or produces. I had to make myself finish watching this movie. Hard to see Clint up in age now. Was very slow and really made no sense to me.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I watched "King Richard" on Netflix. It was very good, but it was a bit marred by memories of his actions at the Oscars.

I also finished watching all 5 seasons of "The Handmaid's Tale." It was awesome, uncomfortable, and thought provoking. One of the best series I have ever watched. :clap:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I watched "King Richard" on Netflix. It was very good, but it was a bit marred by memories of his actions at the Oscars.

I also finished watching all 5 seasons of "The Handmaid's Tale." It was awesome, uncomfortable, and thought provoking. One of the best series I have ever watched. :clap:
I finished The Empress on Netflix today. I liked it!

Watched "Cry, Macho" on Netflix last night. I've always been a Clint Eastwood fan and will watch anything he is in, directs or produces. I had to make myself finish watching this movie. Hard to see Clint up in age now. Was very slow and really made no sense to me.
We couldn’t finish it. :yawn:

stgislander

PREMO Member
I caught some clips of Ted Lasso on YT recently. I got sucked in and now I want to binge it from the beginning.

It kills me, but I may have to sign-up for Apple TV and drop it after a month.

SamSpade

I caught some clips of Ted Lasso on YT recently. I got sucked in and now I want to binge it from the beginning.

I've done that. I do that regularly, with STARZ - my wife and I watch Outlander, but nothing else.

And Ted Lasso is totally worth it. I am so sorry it was on for so short a time.

But I might suggest - on Apple TV -

Foundation - Severance - Silo - and Monarch. Yeah, sci-fi.
I also enjoyed, The Last Thing He Told Me even though it was kind of predictable.

SamSpade

I've been binging This Is Us on Netflix.
We saw that from beginning to end when it was on the air. But it hit us in a different way - almost EVERY issue on that show - one or both of us has dealt with - death of a parent, adoption, children with a disability, children of a different race, being overweight - on and on. The first couple seasons, I kept asking my wife "are we EVER going to watch one that DOESN'T make us CRY?".

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We saw that from beginning to end when it was on the air. But it hit us in a different way - almost EVERY issue on that show - one or both of us has dealt with - death of a parent, adoption, children with a disability, children of a different race, being overweight - on and on. The first couple seasons, I kept asking my wife "are we EVER going to watch one that DOESN'T make us CRY?".
I discovered it late, so I streamed the first few seasons, then the last on network TV. It's a great storyline and the writing is very good, too. I would like to see Raising Hope and Scrubs again, but I haven't searched for them yet.

Christy

b*tch rocket

It is worth it. There are a ton of good shows on there. I did the free trial to watch Silo and kept it because there were lots of good shows to keep my interest. I really like "For All Mankind". If you are into Sci-Fi, "Foundation" is a winner. "Severance" was interesting and different. "Blackbird" was really good. Paul Walter Hauser does a good serial killer in Blackbird. He totally creeped me out.

We finally got around to giving "Suits" a try. Did not expect to like it as I do not like big cities, city people, lawyers, bankers, etc. But we are totally enjoying it!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We finally got around to giving "Suits" a try. Did not expect to like it as I do not like big cities, city people, lawyers, bankers, etc. But we are totally enjoying it!
That's good. No interest due to Megan Markle. Cannot stand her.

tuffenuff2

I'm watching Fargo . Currently on season 3. Love it. Before that I watched Slow Horses - what a great show. Gary Oldman deserves an award for his role.

SamSpade

When it was on the air - it was our favorite show. Wife and I were skeptical of stories that Meghan was dating a prince.