New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I don't know about this one, but the one ive frequented before had great produce quality, especially for basics like lettuce, tomatoes, squash etc. And the price was great, they had avocados for like 38 cents etc. And some people don't have the cash to be picky about some of the stuff they buy.

sockgirl77

I was thinking the same thing! The one I went to everything was like and off brand youd never heard of before. So essentially a big dollar general that sells only food. OH JOY! Just what we need around here!

I'd be happy if we got another Dollar General here. Some of us like to budget and not deal with Walmart. :shrug:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I like Aldi's. :shrug:

I wouldn't buy everything from there, but I do enjoy going in there and buying unique things that I don't find in my regular grocery stores.

JeJeTe

Happiness
I visited the Ridge Walmart last week and holy hell I was impressed. You people never have to leave from there now. :smile:

BigBlue

A lot of people like Aldis, but I wasn't impressed with the one I visited. Consumer Reports rated it pretty poorly in terms of meat, bakery and produce quality.

So why shop there ??? The one in Brandywine(in PG) is terrible .

BernieP

Resident PIA
I was thinking the same thing! The one I went to everything was like and off brand youd never heard of before. So essentially a big dollar general that sells only food. OH JOY! Just what we need around here!

It's what people want. Noticed that Giant in First Colony is changing... for the worse. Don't seem to have the fresh food they once had. Seafood case was low, meet selection is down and the produce section seems to have reduced it's offerings.
Every type of bean from a half dozen companies, but you can only find store brand sauerkraut

Urbanite

It's what people want. Noticed that Giant in First Colony is changing... for the worse. Don't seem to have the fresh food they once had. Seafood case was low, meet selection is down and the produce section seems to have reduced it's offerings.
Every type of bean from a half dozen companies, but you can only find store brand sauerkraut

Absolutely agree with you about the Giant , they've really changed from years ago and not for the better, also trying to get checked out - takes forever - never have enough lines open. Did have to run into the Walmart for something and was pleasantly surprised at their frozen food selection, produce, diary and meat compared to the Giant, not to mention I had one of the best steaks from Walmart I've had in years, yea can't believe I'm writing that but it's true, and the last one I bought from the Giant you needed a chain saw to cut it !

frequentflier

happy to be living

The Giant in Lusby has gone way down hill in the past few months. I stocked up on meat at Nick's in PF last month and won't consider purchasing any at Giant unless they improve. I pick through the produce carefully and will ask (the very nice young man that works there) if they have any fresher in the back if I don't find anything good on the shelves. Their deli is also lacking. I was buying salad and sandwich fixings for my employees lunches last month and the person working the deli was trying hard but it was clear she had no experience in the area. It was slim pickins, too, and there was another lady going through tossing a lot of expired meat in a buggy; as this other lady was slicing the meat for me. I am glad none of my employees got sick!

lovinmaryland

I'd be happy if we got another Dollar General here. Some of us like to budget and not deal with Walmart. :shrug:

I like Aldi's. :shrug:

I wouldn't buy everything from there, but I do enjoy going in there and buying unique things that I don't find in my regular grocery stores.
Different strokes for different folks. :shrug: It would be another store (like Dollar General/Dollar Store) that I wouldnt frequent.

Its not what I want :tantrum: I want a Wegmans!!!! Or a Trader Joes!!! :bawl:

Have you tried Costco for meat, seafood, & vegetables? I get about 90% of my meats & seafood there. They also have really great produce...unfortunately its in Brandywine so I only go once or twice a month.

somdfunguy

not impressed

May have been mentioned already but this is no different than Trader Joes which is owned by Aldi's. Many of the food items are the same as TJs just different labels.

tipsymcgee

People want what they don't have, and when they get it they realize it ain't so hot or it's "not like the one in Annapolis or Fairfax," or after a year or two it "goes downhill" and they want yet something else. I used to frequent the original five guys in NOVA pre-franchise. It was a nice treat when you went to that area for something. Now they're in every town around and I haven't been to one in a couple years. Human nature I guess.

SoMdDude

People want what they don't have, and when they get it they realize it ain't so hot or it's "not like the one in Annapolis or Fairfax," or after a year or two it "goes downhill" and they want yet something else. I used to frequent the original five guys in NOVA pre-franchise. It was a nice treat when you went to that area for something. Now they're in every town around and I haven't been to one in a couple years. Human nature I guess.

Lets see how much you know about five guys.. where was the original one at? I grew up over there and was friends with those guys

MarieB

May have been mentioned already but this is no different than Trader Joes which is owned by Aldi's. Many of the food items are the same as TJs just different labels.

They are very different, at least the one where I used to live was