New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Chris0nllyn

Anyone hear that several southern MD area Chipotles are closing? Some kind of connection to the recent food scares?

Not sure how many there are in SoMD, but the one they are building one in Prince Frederick scheduled to open in March I believe.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Somebody will buy it, bulldoze v clean it, and build another franchise eatery in its place..

The first 2 parts of that statement wouldn't surprise me, but as far as building something else, they may not be able to get a permit to build anything of size there.
They would probably require a better parking lot, with sufficient spaces as they would be covered under new zoning rules.

To the original question, I don't think they could get a road into Lexington Exchange from there - the quarry operations may have the blocked off.

calvcopf

Sonic has open in Waldorf and it's packed!
I have never really liked any food from Sonic. They opened one in my hometown 10+ years ago and it only lasted about 5 years before it closed.
But maybe they have improved their food since then, IDK?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Bollywood is moving to Lenny's. I thinkt hey are incorporating a taphouse type feel as well. i think its going to be really nice.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I have never really liked any food from Sonic. They opened one in my hometown 10+ years ago and it only lasted about 5 years before it closed.
But maybe they have improved their food since then, IDK?

No, they haven't. I might go to Sonic for ice cream or a Cherry Limeade, but never the food.

Riddler

Does anyone know what they are building behind the old Friendly Tavern in Great Mills. Looks like they are building a foundation for something fairly large.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Not sure, this article provides some info, but isn't too clear: http://lexleader.net/37287-2/

What kind of fool makes this stuff up?
It might be that the redevelopment can add more reasons to just pull off, pause a bit, and avoid the traffic altogether. Those of us passing through will be watching!

It seems to me that "redevelopment" should happen AFTER SHA gets around to figuring out how they are gong to fix the traffic bottleneck.
Not add another driveway at the intersection to complicate matters.

This is why this county / state is so F'd up. Guaranteed, some good ole boy has his hand in this and when SHA gets around to fixing the problem, they will pocket even more money for the right of way. Networking.

glhs837

Power with Control
What kind of fool makes this stuff up?

It seems to me that "redevelopment" should happen AFTER SHA gets around to figuring out how they are gong to fix the traffic bottleneck.
Not add another driveway at the intersection to complicate matters.

This is why this county / state is so F'd up. Guaranteed, some good ole boy has his hand in this and when SHA gets around to fixing the problem, they will pocket even more money for the right of way. Networking.

Says it was posted by the Great Mills Trading Post. And there's this sentence...

" Today Ebby’s Finishing Touches, a unique interior design firm, operates from the original Friendly Tavern building at the southeast corner of Route 5 and Indian Bridge Road."

Which indicates that they will be moving in. Building seems too big for that, maybe it's Also going to be a new headquarters building for the Trading Post. So, why the hell did the article ramble on about the traffic? Simple, if the Trading Post and that business that's in the Friendly Tavern move in, then those buildings can contribute space that's needed to build out the road.