New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

fatratcat

You do realize that those restaurants will bring more traffic, right?

You mean more traffic than the bus terminal or the eyesore of a flea market on Saturdays? OK. We lose the crappy fleamarket and bus terminal and get something we actually use? Crazy, huh?

sockgirl77

You mean more traffic than the bus terminal or the eyesore of a flea market on Saturdays? OK. We lose the crappy fleamarket and bus terminal and get something we actually use? Crazy, huh?

If you lose that bus terminal then you lose the residency of those upper income folks. The foreigners market is crap now so it can go. It doesn't matter day or time of the week that I travel through there. It's always a cluster####. Adding a chain restaurant will make it worse and it would invite more Dorfers in the area to dine.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
For craps sake, I thought there would be no new businesses and that some would go away what with the impending doom of a wage increase.:popcorn:

Not around here. I've seen a big pickup in business. I've got two gov contractors looking for space now. This is a strong area.

fatratcat

If you lose that bus terminal then you lose the residency of those upper income folks. The foreigners market is crap now so it can go. It doesn't matter day or time of the week that I travel through there. It's always a cluster####. Adding a chain restaurant will make it worse and it would invite more Dorfers in the area to dine.

I ain't scared of the Dorfers. What do you think the flea market already draws? We just need to empty thier wallets while they visit. Here's my final offer. We lose HALF of the liquor stores, nail salons, and banks. This should free up enough room for traffic AND we'll still have plenty of liquor stores, nail salons, and banks! LOL!

sockgirl77

I ain't scared of the Dorfers. What do you think the flea market already draws? We just need to empty thier wallets while they visit. Here's my final offer. We lose HALF of the liquor stores, nail salons, and banks. This should free up enough room for traffic AND we'll still have plenty of liquor stores, nail salons, and banks! LOL!

The market only adds 2 days of excess traffic. If I were a Charlotte Hall resident, I'd be thankful if no other businesses were added. There's very little serenity left up there.

somdfunguy

not impressed
New things for Waldorf you mean...

Your quote from the website, "Time for an update to St. Marys County! Sorry I don't get down there enough to keep up on whats going on but here is a little update to show I care."

pfffttsss! We ARE southern Maryland! Waldorf and Charles county is just on our outskirts!

Just my rant and 2 cents!

Missed you today pookie

sockgirl77

Yep! I really don't mind development, as long as it is smart...meaning things I value and use...fastfood, nail salons, and liquor stores are all OK in moderation but CH is out of control.

Apparently they're fitting the demand because they're still in busy.

fatratcat

Apparently they're fitting the demand because they're still in busy.

I know? Amazing, huh? So, we have lot's of rich drunks with nice nails? I think a TGI Friday's WITH A HUGE BAR will fit into the community nicely. They can all park at the bus terminal.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I heard a rumor that Safeway was going to go in where the old McKay's store was in Wildewood? Truth or just speculation?

BOP

Did you miss this part?

This in addition to the slew of new restaurants and businesses that have been built in the last 2-3 years alone (i.e. Dick's, Kohl's, BWW, Longhorn, Olive Garden, Red Robin, etc.). Is something missing? Besides a decent movie theater, Sonic and a go-kart track. :lmao:

Infrastructure.

:coffee:

BOP

Racist!

:coffee:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
For craps sake, I thought there would be no new businesses and that some would go away what with the impending doom of a wage increase.:popcorn:

No, there will always be hard working, risk taking entrepreneurs, so you will always be able to suckle off them with your union and liberal ass Bretheran.
Just like ticks and flea will not kill all the critters in the forest.

Just less of them