New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

idiganthro

The construction across the theater road from the Aldi's in SMC- is that going to be office buildings? I think I saw a sign to that affect. Seems like a weird thing to be building now...

FTD

1. Lexington Exchange in California, 140-acres approved for mixed use includes R&D, retail, and office. This project includes a completed 2,500-seat RNC Movie Theater and Aldi grocery store. The existing industrial use is being relocated within the County, which will clear the site for new mixed-use construction including a Royal Farms (convenience products and fuel).

idiganthro

1. Lexington Exchange in California, 140-acres approved for mixed use includes R&D, retail, and office. This project includes a completed 2,500-seat RNC Movie Theater and Aldi grocery store. The existing industrial use is being relocated within the County, which will clear the site for new mixed-use construction including a Royal Farms (convenience products and fuel).
Got it, thanks for the info.

General Lee

Regency or Ashley
I thought I saw a sign for Ashley, Regency sucks. Better off buy the assemble yourself stuff at Target.
My experience has been hit or miss with Ashley. Current spare bedroom set I have is from Ashley and its no different from something from Bob's (real cheap crap). I've had my best value for the buck from Value City Furniture. Not sure they still exist in Waldorf.

GregV814

I dont think we need a Home Depot in Calvert County. I don't care for Sneade's at all, "Builder UP" is 50/50. Jim's in PF and Dunkirk is just hardware. The clientele of HD is not desired, the employees are rated almost 0 by recent customer polls . Let them stay in Charles and Prince Georges.

I'm Greg, and I approve this message.

dmpitta1987

I dont think we need a Home Depot in Calvert County. I don't care for Sneade's at all, "Builder UP" is 50/50. Jim's in PF and Dunkirk is just hardware. The clientele of HD is not desired, the employees are rated almost 0 by recent customer polls . Let them stay in Charles and Prince Georges.

So if not Home Depot, then which business would you approve of moving to Calvert? Lowe's? Judging by your message, it doesn't seem like you approve of any of the current options, so I'm curious what would be ideal for you.

GregV814

So if not Home Depot, then which business would you approve of moving to Calvert? Lowe's? Judging by your message, it doesn't seem like you approve of any of the current options, so I'm curious what would be ideal for you.
just leave the HD's in those Counties....I can drive there. Just my opinion, I have no control over any decisions

General Lee

Then Calvert should get a Lowes at least. Keep people over there instead if crowding other nearby Lowes or HD

GregV814

tell ya what.....take Gordmans, Marshalls, 5 Below and we'll take a Lowes....I feel like George Steinbrenner....LOL

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The only reason to have a Home Depot in St Mary's would be competition to Lowes and item prices. Have you ever looked at an item online from Lowes and compared prices between the California store and the Waldorf store? While researching a bunch of different items, I found the California store is frequently more expensive for the same item. Having an HD would help lower those item costs.

However, having an HD local would probably kill the local hardware stores like Dysons. And since just about anything you need can be home-shipped at little to no cost shipping, there's no real need for another big storefront here.