New Kid In Town

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
CarefulOne, I'd really like to just agree to disagree on this issue with you and everyone involved in it. I've done nothing wrong, and am being treated as though I have, not only by you, but by Ruth, Pam AND Gene (who don't even KNOW me!), and frankly it's getting old.

I'm working HARD to establish a foundation breeding program in which I can produce, raise, and train quality, healthy, smooth gaited and beautiful Rockies, who are also capable of continuing that if/when they are ever bred, like I've done with Rotties, out of a true and deep love for the breed. Nothing more, nothing less.

My Rotts are still producing healthy Champion, breeding quality dogs today, generations later, from the foundation we chose and bred from almost 30 years ago. I hope to be saying the same thing 30 years from now about my Rockies. End of story.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
After loosing 50 lbs my titties look like the old lady in playboy... :frown:
:huggy: i'll loan ya some of my vet wrap. It won't pull your skin off when ya put it on over your sunburn and ya change it. (don't ask me how i know that) What color would you like?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Do you have to travel far for shows?? I know they have a gaited show at the Howard County Fair in Aug., but I dont' know of anymore in the area.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Do you have to travel far for shows?? I know they have a gaited show at the Howard County Fair in Aug., but I dont' know of anymore in the area.
I've been to Dillsburg PA, and the KY horse park. They are generally a LOOONG ways off for me, who has to work for a livin' :lol: RC has "forbidden" me to show the horses....because we've traveled far and wide with the dogs (we've imported from Germany, England and Russia) and he was bored stiff at every dog show we traveled to across the country. At least when we travel far and wide to camp with horses, he isn't bored...he gets a lot outta my horses :lol:

Robin

I've been to Dillsburg PA, and the KY horse park. They are generally a LOOONG ways off for me, who has to work for a livin' :lol: RC has "forbidden" me to show the horses....because we've traveled far and wide with the dogs (we've imported from Germany, England and Russia) and he was bored stiff at every dog show we traveled to across the country. At least when we travel far and wide to camp with horses, he isn't bored...he gets a lot outta my horses :lol:

Are they going to be shown by a trainer, They have shows in Roanoke dont they?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Are they going to be shown by a trainer, They have shows in Roanoke dont they?
They as in the dogs? yes there are many, many shows in every region of the country. The country is broken up by region by the AKC, and 15 points gets a championship with 2 required to be majors (3 or points in the breed from one show = a major, Rotts requires a dog to beat 24 other ones of the same sex for a 3 point major, you can have up to a 5 point major) points are determined by the number of dogs registered in each region. Majors are very hard to come by because most dogs registered don't show. I've had several complete championships in one circuit, which is GREAT for me, but a very hard thing to do actually.

The dogs are shown by a "handler", he doesn't train, he mostly just grabs the dog ringside from the owner, or is paid to bring him to the show. Typically, the owner trains, or pays the handler to board them and train before a show circuit. Shows are in 2, 3 or 4 day circuits, or longer for some. He will handle the dog each of the days, and charge for every time he goes back into the ring. Ie: wins in the class, goes back in for winners, then takes winners goes back in for breed, then wins breed and goes back in for group, wins group, then goes in for Best in show. That's a lot of fees in one day if you have a really good one, and he does it all 4 days in a circuit. Geesh i could go on for hours :lol:

Not sure how it's done in horses, I've never shown them. :gossip: I would like to show this little man in-hand though. And maybe in-hand trail because i understand in-hand stuff from showing and training the dogs. Don't tell RC I said that PLEASE....

Last edited:

Robin

They as in the dogs? yes there are many, many shows in every region of the country. The country is broken up by region by the AKC, and 15 points gets a championship with 2 required to be majors (3 or points in the breed from one show = a major, Rotts requires a dog to beat 24 other ones of the same sex for a 3 point major, you can have up to a 5 point major) points are determined by the number of dogs registered in each region. Majors are very hard to come by because most dogs registered don't show. I've had several complete championships in one circuit, which is GREAT for me, but a very hard thing to do actually.

The dogs are shown by a "handler", he doesn't train, he mostly just grabs the dog ringside from the owner, or is paid to bring him to the show. Typically, the owner trains, or pays the handler to board them and train before a show circuit. Shows are in 2, 3 or 4 day circuits, or longer for some. He will handle the dog each of the days, and charge for every time he goes back into the ring. Ie: wins in the class, goes back in for winners, then takes winners goes back in for breed, then wins breed and goes back in for group, wins group, then goes in for Best in show. That's a lot of fees in one day if you have a really good one, and he does it all 4 days in a circuit. Geesh i could go on for hours :lol:

Not sure how it's done in horses, I've never shown them. :gossip: I would like to show this little man in-hand though. And maybe in-hand trail because i understand in-hand stuff from showing and training the dogs. Don't tell RC I said that PLEASE....

not the dog...:smack: HORSES this is a horse thread for your Rockies...silly girl

Robin

First do some research on the shows and go to a few. If you want trail horses there is plenty of those trainers out there..Showing is a different story. Go to a few and ask alot of questions to barns campaining there horses. Visit the warm ups and walk through the barn behind the scenes.
Make notes of what you like and dislike about different things you see. Visit the trainers barns you like go back and visit again. You will sink alot of money into these type of shows, and training. Sometimes if you are Lucky a trainer will contact you. Asking about your horses and making deals to show your horse if the potential is there. gets expensive

Carefulone

Now back on topic....so...is it Wind or Comanche? or something ELSE??
Being totally serious, I told you all I bred and raised halter quarters, some lines still on top, for 25 years. You gave them red cell and anything else to make them grow, wouldn't do it today, that's why I'm out, but it caused "wind".....not good to start someone out with a name that brings negatives....What about Comanche's Dee Lite?
Someday, Rockies breeders, not speaking a particular person....will understand the mare brings as much or more than the stallion to the end result of your foal. As of now, the mares are not thought much about.
And I'm not out to destroy, but stop the destruction, and as much as people know you, people also know me, know that I'm well on my way. All this could have been stopped, use your head woman, how many people can all break contracts like they say....whether you care or not, watch yourself. And this is my battle, not Pams, or anyone elses...but will I continue to uncover the bad business....best believe I will....and the chips will fall where they may.
As far as mygoldnhorse
Cowgirl Up
No problem here....just hard to believe people in high places do business with felons?

Robin

Now back on topic....so...is it Wind or Comanche? or something ELSE??
Being totally serious, I told you all I bred and raised halter quarters, some lines still on top, for 25 years. You gave them red cell and anything else to make them grow, wouldn't do it today, that's why I'm out, but it caused "wind".....not good to start someone out with a name that brings negatives....What about Comanche's Dee Lite?
Someday, Rockies breeders, not speaking a particular person....will understand the mare brings as much or more than the stallion to the end result of your foal. As of now, the mares are not thought much about.
And I'm not out to destroy, but stop the destruction, and as much as people know you, people also know me, know that I'm well on my way. All this could have been stopped, use your head woman, how many people can all break contracts like they say....whether you care or not, watch yourself. And this is my battle, not Pams, or anyone elses...but will I continue to uncover the bad business....best believe I will....and the chips will fall where they may.
As far as mygoldnhorse
Cowgirl Up
No problem here....just hard to believe people in high places do business with felons?
Exactly...The Broodmares are the 80% key to the Quality in the babies. Thank you for stating that. The best TB breeders out there chose the best "proven" mares to be in their breeding programs. Which have the best confirmation and were big money winners. Then they research and visit many stallions to see what would peek the quality from both in a foal.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Genetics are 50/50. Certain genes are dominant and some are recessive so they may or may not be expressed, but they come 50/50 from the parents.

Cowgirl

Genetics are 50/50. Certain genes are dominant and some are recessive so they may or may not be expressed, but they come 50/50 from the parents.

I actually read an article once (about cattle genetics) where some guy said the female has a bigger "say" on the outcome because the egg is bigger than the sperm. :roflmao:

Robin

exactly, now am I confusing ya? They start out with the best of a proven mare then move onto a stud that has raced and proven himself and then wait to see what the off spring do before they choose. but like you say the genes are 50/50 a crap shoot they are predicting the best qualities

Robin

I actually read an article once (about cattle genetics) where some guy said the female has a bigger "say" on the outcome because the egg is bigger than the sperm. :roflmao:
I have heard that, and there are many to believe the mom passes the stronger(dominant) good or bad onto the offspring